Memories of Iron
by becuzitswrong (also available at SpaceBattles.com
) is a Iron Man
-centric Marvel Comics
In desperation after her bullies make her appear to have cheated on a vital exam, Taylor Hebert prays.
Sometimes, prayers do get heard, even if not by a benevolent God, then by a Cosmic Entity
indistinguishable from one from ground level.
In another reality, Anthony Edward Stark lies among the dying, having failed to repel a Celestial's attack. He is about to get another chance. Sort of.
Taylor awakens with the memories and skills of a certain genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. She now has the power to save the world... if she can save her own identity and sanity first.
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- Alien Space Bats: The plot is kicked off by a Cosmic Entity, never named but implied to be the Living Tribunal, gifting Taylor with Tony's memories.
- Alternate Universe Fic:
- Taylor gets her power well before the locker incident, early enough that she can get a suit out in time to fight the Simurgh.
- In chapter three Taylor saves not-yet-Lisa from Coil's goons, causing her to join Taylor directly rather than the Undersiders.
- Anti-Magic: Taylor builds a device that can protect wearers from the Simurgh's psychic powers. Another benefit of the Cosmic Entity's intervention is that she is immune to precognition - the Simurgh has to indirectly track her by her jet wash, which has a lag time.
- Composite Character: Though this fic mainly runs on the comics continuity, Jarvis here is the films' AI rendition rather than a human.
- Death of Personality: Taylor is fighting an ongoing battle to prevent herself from being overwritten by Tony's personality even as she tries to make use of his abilities and knowledge.
- Somebody Else's Problem: Discussed and defied in chapter three, where Taylor resolves that she has no excuse for not helping another person out given how she's been on the receiving end of this so often.