Fan Fic / Luna's Power and Rainbow's Love
Luna's Power and Rainbow's Love
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic, written by Zyr1987 and focused around Princess Luna, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy as they trek through the wilds.
Early one morning Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are summoned to a field to meet the princess of the night, where she explains that she needs their help in acquiring a vessel holding the last of her power. She also explains that the trip is likely to take 10 days total. While they travel to their ultimate destination, Rainbow Dash realizes that she has feelings for Fluttershy, and tries to start a relationship with her shy friend.
This Fanfic provides examples of:
- Bi the Way: Luna is stated to be bi, while describing her confusion about dislike of same-sex marriage.
- Captain Crash: Luna pokes fun at Rainbow's tendency to crash during the first chapter.
- Cool, Clear Water: No, the river water isn't safe to drink. Luna, being smart, boils it first.
- Cowardly Lion: Discussed. Fluttershy thinks she's a coward, but Rainbow is quick to point out her feats of bravery.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Hinted at when Luna asks about their time in flight school.
- Death Glare: The Stare is discussed and used against a cockatrice.
- Erotic Dream: Rainbow has a few after her Love Epiphany.
- Fearless Fool: Rainbow Dash defies this, despite using it as a front.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Fluttershy displays this mere hours after driving off a cockatrice.
- I Can't Believe A Mare Like You Would Love Me!: Fluttershy openly asks what Rainbow sees in her.
- Laser-Guided Karma: A mild example. Luna pokes fun at Rainbow Dash's tendency to crash in the first chapter, and at the beginning of the second chapter, guess what Luna does?
- Leeroy Jenkins: Rainbow demonstrates this tendency, and it nearly costs her dearly.
- Love Epiphany: Rainbow Dash, after having spent all day trying to figure out what she felt towards Fluttershy, finally realizes she loves the yellow mare after going to bed.
- Mama Bear: Fluttershy admits that this attitude is what The Stare runs on.
- Nature Lover: Fluttershy enjoys being surrounded by nature. Her companions end up not liking it so much.
- Not What It Looks Like: Luna's hugging Fluttershy at the beginning. Not helped by the fact that Fluttershy is obviously not enjoying being hugged by the Princess of The Night.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Luna's slight gain in power makes her hair grow slightly as well.
- Royal "We": Luna has modernized her English for the most part, but the Royal We is a habit she still hasn't broken, though not for lack of trying.
- Taken for Granite: Rainbow and Fluttershy briefly end up partly turned to stone.
- Test Kiss: Rainbow gives one to Fluttershy on impulse. It doesn't work out like she expected.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Rainbow Dash points out how many heroic feats Fluttershy has pulled off, when the latter calls herself a coward.