Fanfic: Heroes Of Thundera
Heroes of Thundera
is a ThunderCats (2011)
fanfiction by Ice Krystal
. It is alternate universe, taking place as if the canon characters were not alive when Thundera fell to Mumm-Ra and the lizards.
Lion-O is a ex-slave who finds out he is descended from the royal line. Some of the cats managed to escape from slavery, and formed free villages. Lion-O must travel Third Earth to find the Sword of Omens, and later the Book of Omens, to defeat Mumm-Ra. Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKat and WilyKit are also along for the ride, along with a OC
named Jagra, who's point of view it is in.
This story allows submissions of original characters from readers. So far, only one has made a real appearance.
- The Ace: Tygra and Panthro.
- Action Girl: Cheetara and Jagra.
- Aloof Big Brother: Tygra's family adopted Lion-O when they came to the free village, and he doesn't always seem very brotherly.
- Alternate Universe
- Always Second Best: Tygra even beats Lion-O in alternate universe!
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: Snarf can perfectly understand speech.
- Ancestral Weapon: The Sword of Omens is passed down through the royal family, and Lion-O is the next to get it.
- Bald Black Leader Guy: Panthro's the leader so far.
- Bald of Awesome: Once again, Panthro.
- Bare Your Midriff: Cheetara and Jagra both do this.
- Beautiful Slave Girl:
- Cheetara was once a slave.
- Jagra could also be considered this.
- The Big Bad: Without Mumm-Ra, it would not be ThunderCats.
- Big Eater: The ThunderKittens aren't the only ones anymore; Jagra has quite the appetite.
- The Big Guy: PANTHRO. Jagra mentions she was scared of him when they first met.
- Brother-Sister Team: WilyKat and WilyKit.
- Brown Eyes:
- Tygra likes to wink with his.
- Jagra has brown eyes, though she is nothing like the trope.
- Panthro's eyes are also brown.
- Butt Monkey: Snarf.
- Catch Phrase: Lion-O still says "Whiskers!" whenever he's in trouble.
- Cat Smile: Tygra's is smug, while Jagra's is mischievous.
- The Champion:
- Jagra is always there for Lion-O.
- Cheetara is also very supportive.
- The Charmer: Tygra gets all the girls, much to Lion-O's chagrin.
- Cheerful Children: The ThunderKittens are always happy.
- Childhood Friends: Lion-O and Jagra.
- Childhood Friend Romance: If you haven't seen that the main pairing is Lion-O and Jagra, then there's something wrong with you.
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Lion-O's a teenager, and he has to be the king?!
- Church Militant: Cheetara is training to be a cleric, as is Selnea, a original character.
- Cool Sword: The Sword of Omens, of course.
- Covered with Scars: Panthro's got loads of 'em.
- Cuddle Bug: Jagra loves to cuddle, whether you want to or not.
- Cute Little Fangs: Jagra's are visible on a regular basis, but everyone has them.
- Dark Is Evil:
- Mumm-Ra is a perfect example of this.
- Averted with Panthro.
- Slightly averted with Jagra, since she has a dark complexion, but she did kill a girl named Pumya when she was nine.
- Determinator: Lion-O never gives up, even if it gets him in trouble.
- Every Scar Has A Story: Jagra's scar has the most interesting of tales.
- Evil Former Friend: Panthro and Grune were best buds until Mumm-Ra ruined it all.
- Evil Old Folks:
- Grune can also fit this, though he isn't THAT old.
- Fantastic Caste System: Word of God states that there are two types of cats: those who have tales, and those who don't. The elite don't have tails. Lion-O, Tygra, and Cheetara are proof of this. Panthro once had a tail. Jagra, and the ThunderKittens have tails. Jeez, I wonder what that says about them!
- Fiery Redhead: LION-O.
- Fighting with Chucks: Panthro's preferred weapon.
- Furry Baldness: Panthro has 'fur' on his bald spot.
- Good Shepherd: Cheetara often counsels both Lion-O and Jagra.
- The Hero: Lion-O, duh.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Lion-O even has a sword before he gets the Sword of Omens.
- Hot-Blooded: Lion-O and Jagra.
- I Am Not Pretty: Jagra insists this. Ironically, when she was little, she thought she was gorgeous, and was quite vain.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Jagra is really good with that bow.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Tygra.
- Just Friends: Jagra keeps on telling herself this about Lion-O.
- Kid Hero:
- Lion-O's only seventeen.
- This also fits Jagra, if you consider her a hero.
- The Lancer: Tygra.
- Lightning Bruiser: Cheetara has Super Speed and is the second best fighter on the team.
- Like Brother and Sister: Apparently Lion-O and Jagra are like this.
- Mark of Shame: Jagra's scar shames her greatly.
- Messy Hair: Jagra's is always like this, according to Cheetara.
- Modesty Shorts: Jagra wears these.
- Multicolored Hair:
- Tygra and Cheetara both have this.
- Can't forget the ThunderKittens!
- Named Weapons: The Sword of Omens.
- Nice Guy: Lion-O... You're TOO nice.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Jagra has no qualm about getting up close and personal.
- Oblivious to Love:
- Lion-O is quite thick when it comes to these things.
- Jagra, too, to a certain degree.
- One of the Boys: Jagra.
- The Order: The clerics.
- Physical Scars, Psychological Scars: Jagra is both scared physically and mentally.
- Pokémon Speak: Snarf often says "snarf" or "snar", along with animal noises.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning:
- Mumm-Ra's eyes shouldn't be the only alarming thing about him.
- Averted with Cheetara.
- Redheaded Hero: Lion-O.
- Retractable Weapon: Cheetara's Simple Staffretracts so she can easily put it away.
- Scars Are Forever:
- Jagra will never forget her scar.
- Panthro is most likely the same way.
- Simple Staff: Cheetara's weapon, along with her fellow clerics.
- The Sixth Ranger: Panthro always comes in to save the day.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Jagra, apparently.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: This happens a lot to Lion-O and Jagra.
- Slave Brand: Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, and Jagra have one, as do all slaves.
- Statuesque Stunner:
- Cheetara, most definitely.
- Jagra could also fit this.
- Super Reflexes: It runs in Cheetara and Jagra's family.
- Super Speed: Cheetara is training to be a cleric, so she has this.
- Team Dad: Jagra even mentions Panthro was like a father to all of them.
- Team Mom: Cheetara, as the oldest female, naturally serves this role.
- Team Pet: Snarf, of course.
- They're Called Personal Issues For A Reason: Just ask Jagra.
- Tomboy: Jagra, though she does have a girly edge.
- Undying Loyalty:
- Jagra would do anything for Lion-O.
- Cheetara most likely fits this as well.
- Unkempt Beauty: Jagra.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Jagra, even if she won't admit it.