We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Fanfic: Heroes And Allies
Earth and Equestria meet to battle their greatest foe yet.Heroes and Allies
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic by Lynolius.After some military experiments reveal an anomaly near Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Atlanta, Georgia, a team of scientists perform various experiments on it. When they stabilize the anomaly enough to send items through, they find that the anomaly is a transdimensional portal that leads straight to Equestria. As a team small team of scientists and soldiers pass through and make First Contact
with the inhabitants, they will eventually be embroiled in a war that will span all of Equestria and possibly Earth.
Heroes and Allies contains examples of:
- A Father to His Men: General Lockleer comes off as this.
- Adaptational Badass: Blueblood (yes, that Blueblood), the leader of the Liberation Resistance and had promoted himself to General.
- The Alcatraz: The appropriately named Alcatrotz Island.
- Alien Arts Are Appreciated: The ponies are slowly getting use to human technology such as the internet, cell phones, and TV.
- Alien Invasion: What the Americans think of the exodus of Liberation Allience defectors is.
- The Alliance: The Liberation Alliance sees themselves as this. They do not see all of ponykind as their enemy, just Celestia and Luna.
- All Just a Dream: What Greene thinks about the flight into the portal before realizing he was literally sleeping on a cloud.
- Alternate History: Word Of God confirms that in this universe, Barack Obama did not get reelected in 2012 but made a comeback into politics years later.
- American Accents: Lieutenant Cleaves speaks with a New York accent.
- America Saves the Day: Due to being the ones who made first contact, they assist the ponies in defending Equestria against the Liberation Alliance.
- And I Must Scream: Lord Hircus and his soldiers have been trapped in that portal for a loooong time.
- Angrish: Cinder Stone, a construction pony is reduced to this after somepony accidentally ran over his hoof.
- Another Dimension: Equestria, which is currently enterable only by way of anomalies.
- Anti-Magic: The Liberation Alliance's first act of aggression was to disrupt the local Background Magic Field so that unicorns would be unable to use magic. It also has the effect of weakening the flying abilities of pegasi.
- Apocalypse How: Discussed briefly. Celestia believes that the war with the Liberation Alliance could be a Class 3 for her subjects.
- Apocalyptic Log: Bronze Leaf starts to keep one in his head while he is in Alliance custody.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking:
- Invoked during chapter two.
Scientist: “I can't believe we've done it. We've cracked the code, decrypted the enigma, solved the Rubik's cube!”
- Again in chapter sixteen when Twilight becomes one of the few besides the alicorn sisters who know about the Equestrian Purge.
Twilight: "Eclipstria? Alicorn wars? Ancient rams? You two as fillies?!"
- Awesome McCoolname: Affairs of Darkness, Equestria's special forces unit. Quite fitting considering their job.
- Badass Boast: King Soltare delivers one to Lord Hircus in chapter thirty-eight.
King Soltare: "You think you can come to MY city and accuse ME of treachery?! You should have accepted my offer, because now I am going to send what's left of you and your pathetic army of inferiority back to the doorstep of your utterly leveled cities!"
- Battle Trophy: What the alicorn horns are presented as.
- Steven Mace's main weapon is a .50 caliber sniper rifle of unknown make and model.
- One of the Marine snipers that surrounded Captain Greene and Lime Tree was carrying a Barrett M82A1.
- Big Bad: The Council of the Liberation Alliance is set up as this.
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: From the Battle of Ponyville to Lord Hircus' invasion of Atlanta.
- Big "NO!": Played for Laughs. When Discord states he never wants to leave the human world after seeing an Old Spice commercial, a human soldier shouts one loud enough to be heard from space.
- Bigger Bad: Lord Hircus.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- The Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion that came to extract Celestia's rescue squad.
- The Human sniper that takes out the Alliance soldiers that were pinning down General Snow Wisp's squad and a injured US Soldier.
- A Ram riding a Pandragon saves Wingroot and the other defectors from being killed by Lord Hircus.
- A group of Diamond Dogs saves Phalanx from being killed by Lord Hircus' troops.
- Bomb-Throwing Anarchists: The Banded.
- Breather Chapter: Chapter twenty six, which gives us a break from everypony getting use to the human world and shows the CMC and their friends (oh, and Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon) playing with some of the human children present in the Georgia Dome.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Anyone brainwashed by Lord Hircus becomes a fanatical soldier fighting for him.
- Brought Down to Normal: Thanks to the IMP, Unicorns are unable to use magic including the alicorns and Discord.
- Calling Your Attacks: Sweetie Belle during chapter twenty six, while playing pretend.
- Casual Danger Dialog:
- The crew of callsign Matchbox Zero speaks this while taking down Alliance soldiers from the safety of their M1A3 Abrams. All According to Plan for the Alliance.
- Also Discord during his fight with Lord Hircus.
- Chapter Name Drop: "Black Sun, Red Moon" is dropped in chapter thirty-six.
- Chekhov's Gun: The humans hand out grenades before the Liberation Army arrives, a few chapters later and one saves General Rock's life.
- Child Forced To Kill: Spike kills two Alliance Griffins in self defense.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Shining Armour and Princess Cadence have no role in the story, despite Equestria being under attack and being a royal alicorn respectivly.
- Civil War: One occurred between The Order of the Rising Sun and The Clan of Moonlight before the unification of Eclipstria.
- Cool Airship: The Liberation Alliance's HailFire which is said to be the results of decades of reaserach and development.
Snow Wisp: "We rescued some of the survivors from Matchbox battalion, they got to see it up close. It is called the HailFire, and apparently it is some kind of crazy hybrid between a steam generator powered Leviathan landship, and a heavily armored hot air filled blimp. Even worse, according to the survivors, it is armed to the teeth with the same weapons that destroyed Matchbox and Steel Hoof battalions, and is continuously refitted to repel even our heaviest weapons."
- Continuity Nod:
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Discord gave one to a Alliance patrol squad in occupied Canterlot. He beats them in less than ten seconds.
- Dark and Troubled Past:
- Equestria as a whole in the form of the "Great Equestrian Purge".
- According to his background information in chapter thirty, some believe Lieutenant Kaiser's past was this.
- Deadpan Snarker: Lenard and Lime Tree have their moments.
- Demoted to Extra: The Mane 6 after everypony falls back to the human world, due to their natural abilities being affected by the IMP and due to the Elements of Harmony being stolen by the Alliance.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The Liberation Resistance. However It Makes Sense in Context.
- Doorstopper: Currently clocks in at 223,867 words.
- Doomed Hometown: Ponyville and Atlanta if the anomaly isn't stopped.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom:
Applebloom: "Crusaders, retreat to the Courageous Crusader Castle of Doom!"
- Dragon Rider: Pandragons are the Liberation Alliance's cavalry. They and their riders are equipped with magma orbs (the local equivalent of firebombs) and a variety of ranged weapons.
- Elites Are More Glamorous:
- The AEE security is composed of Marines, Navy SEALs, and Army Rangers.
- Averted with the Royal Guard, who weren't really thought of as needed and became "glorified servants" in shiny armor that made them stick out like a sore thumb.
- Enemy Mine: General Lockleer teams with Flockleader Wingroot, the Griffin leader who captured him in the first place and Phalanx, during their coup.
Lockleer: "Let me get one thing straight right now. I haven't forgotten what you did to my men. I won't ever forget. But if you're helping us get out of this miserable hell hole, you have my thanks. For now."
- Erotic Dream: Spike has one with Rarity in it (SHOCKER!) during the begining of chapter twenty five.
- Erotic Literature: What The Adventures of Stallion Steed, Volume nineteen, a book Twilight had on her is implied to be.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Discord is a prankster not a "genocidal maniac".
- Facepalm: While we have too many instances to list to the point of it becoming a Running Gag, we get facepalming to facehoofing and even a few instances of facetaloning.
- Fainting: Subverted. After surviving everything thrown at him so far and having to crash land his F-15 in a lake, Lenard almost gives into his exhaustion and passes out.
- Farmer's Daughter: AppleFlower.
- Fantastic Nuke:
- The IMP. The magical equivalent of an EMP.
- Now we have the IEMP (Implosive Elemental Magic Pulse) powered by the Elements themselves.
- Fantastic Racism: Ponies against the Rams during the reign of Celestia parents. The reverse also applied.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Word Of God states that this is another theme for the story.
Luna: "Know this, Captain. You and your comrades are, and forever will be our friends."
- First Contact: What happened with the portal.
- First Contact Team: The Team of Lenard, Gerri, and Mace. Later a bunch of AEE scientist and their security.
- First Name Basis: Lenard eventually gets to this with Luna.
- Foals Are Innocent: What Celestia believes in, since her foalhood was destroyed by her parents, the Rams, and The Banded.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Vance to Lord Hircus.
- Four-Star Badass: General Lockleer.
- Gilligan Cut: In chapter three, Lieutenant Greene wonders aloud who would be crazy enough to go into the portal with the risk of not coming back. Cue transition and we got him promoted to Captain readying to fly into the portal.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: What the Liberation Alliance think of the Alicorns.
- Godzilla Threshold: Everyone and everypony decides to take off the gloves and use the low yield nuke in chapter twenty three.
- Great Offscreen War:
- The war between The Order of the Rising Sun and The Clan of Moonlight. According to Celestia, it wasn't pretty.
- The South-East Asian Insurrection, which Greene, Kaiser, and Mace fought in.
- Gun Porn: Starting in chapter twenty one, background information is given on Equestrian, Alliance, and Human equipment and weapons in the form of research logs.
- Gunship Rescue: The first reinforcements from the US Military come in the form of a Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion, three AH-64 Apaches, and two UH-60 Blackhawks.
- Hate Fic: Of the Humans Are the Real Monsters concept.
- Heel-Face Turn:
Discord: "Please. I'm a trickster, not some genocidal maniac."
- Flockleader Wingroot, Phalanx, Gilda, and many other members of the Liberation Alliance after they realize Lord Hircus' true plan.
- Hellhole Prison:
- The Canterlot Dungeons in the backstory. Apple Flower found this out the hard way.
- Alcatrotz Island is this apparently since it use to house the worse Equestria had to offer.
- "Hell Yes" Moment: The destruction of the HailFire brought on by a goddamn nuke.
- Heroic BSOD:
- Whatever the Liberation Alliance was injecting into her, it gave Celestia one of these.
- General Lockleer undergoes one of these while being forced to tell those under his command to stand down.
- Hidden Depths: According to his Affairs of Darkness character evaluation file, Blueblood was given basic officer training, has legitimate skill in formulating plans, and is capable of being a skilled tactician.
- His Name Really Is Barkeep: Major Classified.
Major Classified: "Why does everypony have such a hard time understanding that? My mother and father were both in the military and "Classified" seemed like a good name. Why does that confuse everypony?"
- Hold the Line: The strategy for the Battle of Ponyville.
- Homeworld Evacuation: Almost eighty thousand ponies evacuate to the human world after the Liberation Alliance entrenches itself in Equestria. After Lord Hircus shows up and sends out his army, the defectors from the Liberation Alliance do this, too.
- Hope Spot:
- Celestia's return to the Ponyville refugees is this.
- Vance coming to recuse AppleFlower in the Canterlot Dungeons is this for her.
- Hopeless War: What the war with the Alliance would have been to Equestria if the Humans didn't show up.
- Hoovegore: Among his injuries obtained in battle, General Rock had an arrow impaled through his left foreleg.
- Humans Are Divided: Upon arriving in the Human world, Twilight is actually surprised that humans are divided by skin color and are not closer together due to the similar limbs they share.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: Not only totally averted, but explicitly written as a sort-of Hate Fic about this very concept.
Lynolius: "I wrote this story to combat the notion the Human race has to be portrayed negatively in stories. Frankly, I grow tired of stories where human characters leave their families behind, (who presumably grieve over their disappearance for the rest of their lives,) just to live in a fantasy land. I also grow tired of fics like The Conversion Bureau
, where humans are looked down on as inferior, so you won't find anything like that here. There, I said it. In this story I endeavored to show the real Equestria, the world the Equestrian Department of Censorship would never allow to get into the show, and when two great worlds meet, they meet as equals..."
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Griffins are said to be able to kill a man from 200 yards away.
- Insistent Terminology:
- When Lime Tree finds Gummy in his kitchen sink, he refers to it as a crocodile only for one of the guest to correct him by saying its an alligator.
- This exchanging in chapter twenty five:
Government Worker: "I'll put you down as white and purple."
Rarity: "No-no-no-no. I believe you mean alabaster and violet."
- Insufficiently Advanced Alien: Averted. Both the Ponies and the Alliance have weapons equal to human weapons. For example Blast geodes is the equivalent to C4, Battle Wagons to tanks, and so on.
- Interspecies Romance: The backstory has one between Vance, a ram, and Apple Flower, an Earth Pony. Apple Flower eventually got imprisoned on suspicion of treason after she got caught sneaking out to meet Vance.
- Invaded States of America: The defectors from the Liberation Alliance open an anomaly to escape to the human world but the humans mistake this for an invasion attempt thanks to Lord Hircus' forces coming in with them.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: What Bronze Leaf is subjected to.
- Jaw Drop:
- Everyone and Everypony's reaction to the column of Abrams tanks arriving.
- Greene's reaction when he is told that his payload is of the nuclear variety.
- Jerkass: Surprisingly enough, Blueblood averts this. While he can be apprehensive its mainly due to the fact that an assassination order was placed on him and has been cautious ever since. But he does have ponies he considers close friends such as Major Classified.
- Just Following Orders: Captain Stonewall honestly doesn't want to arrest Greene but is only doing it just because its his job.
Stonewall: "Frankly, I see no reason for any of this, but I will do my duty. Understand?"
- Kill It with Fire:
- Spike set one of the Liberation Griffons on fire to escape from a captured Ponyville.
- Fire arrows and firebolts are available types of ammunition for both Equestrian and Liberation Forces respectivly, working similar to incendiary rounds.
- The purpose behind the magma orbs.
- Last of Her Kind: While growing up, Gilda believed that she was one of the few griffons still alive.
- Last Stand: The CMC while pretend playing.
- La Résistance: The Liberation Resistance. It's lead by Blueblood of all Ponies.
- Lightning Bruiser: Discord due to the fact that he took on an entire Liberation squad in just a few seconds and won.
- Lizard Folk: Pandragon Minors.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": Pretty much everypony (and even some humans) had this reaction when the Liberation Alliance showed the decapitated horns of Celestia and Luna.
- Military Coup: One is lead by Flockleader Wingroot and Phalanx after they learn of Lord Hircus' real plan.
- The Mole: Current evidence points to either Sergeant Sky Blade, Corporal Star Sabre, or Private Crescent Skies being one.
- Mr. Exposition: Celestia, Luna and Discord take turns explaining the backstory.
- My God, What Have I Done?:
- In the backstory, many soldiers in the Eclipstrian army go through this after they raze the Caprastian capital of Vertaigh.
- Spike has this reaction after being forced to kill two Alliance soldiers in self defense.
- Some of the Liberation members start to think this after Lord Hircus is released.
- Name's the Same: In-Universe. The name of the planet the Humans and the Ponies reside on is named Earth. Go figure.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The first Leviathan Class Airship was named The Reckoning.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The US President is concerned about whether he is unwittingly backing Equestria's version of the Nazis (as in the ponies themselves).
- No Indoor Voice: Chapter thirty-eight reveals that even as a foal, Luna still spoke with the Royal Canterlot voice.
- No One Gets Left Behind: General Lockleer refuses to leave Veltor behind, against Veltor's initial wishes.
- No Politics Were Harmed: Subverted.
- Played with The US President, Word Of God stated that he thought that Barack Obama would not be re-elected in 2012 and wanted to make it look like he made a comeback years later.
Lynolius: "The running joke here was that I expected him to lose the recent election and be re elected in some sort of triumphant return, sorta like a certain president from the past. But this really isn't important. Good eye for catching it though. I was wondering when someone would bring that up."
- Kasim Reed is mentioned by name after everyone falls back into the human world.
- None of the foreign dignitaries that Celestia and Luna meet with are named.
- Noodle Incident:
- The prank Lyra pulled on Lenard. All we know is that it got out of control, burning hot chocolate was involved, and it was meant for Bon-Bon.
- There was disastrous training situation that involved a chicken and a grenade. It taught Mace to just trust his instincts sometimes.
- Not So Different: One of the story's themes is that humans and ponies are actually very similar.
- Not So Stoic: Big Mac drops his stoic act when he finds out Applejack is alive.
- Not Themselves: Anyone sucked into Lord Hircus' portal or possessed by him becomes a silent, brainwashed soldier fighting for him.
- Nuclear Option: Downplayed. A low-yield nuclear warhead was sent to the soldiers on the President's orders as a weapon of last resort. It's used to take down the Liberation Alliance's giant airship to prevent Hircus from being summoned. Unfortunately, they set it off a few seconds too late The ship is destroyed, but Hircus arrives. The resulting portal absorbed the radioactive material.
- Oh, Crap:
- Dr. Marc Harrison's reaction when Major Classified reports of an enemy WMMD attack en route that will be powered by the Elements of Harmony (as in the artifacts themselves).
- Everypony's reaction when Discord is freed however he does not become a threat.
- Rainbow Dash when she is trying to outfly the HailFire's explosion.
- Phalanx when Lord Hircus' forces open fire on the humans, destroying his surrender attempt.
- When the commander of a Virginia class submarine realizes that their are friendly forces mixed up with the invading forces and will be killed by a missile aimed straight at the anomaly.
- Old-School Dogfight: A few times between the USAF and the Liberation Alliance's and eventually Lord Hircus' Griffons and Pandragons.
- Older Than They Think: In-Universe.
- The Apple family's ownership of Sweet Apple Acres, which goes as far back as when the Princesses were fillies.
Applejack: "Ah can't believe it. Mah kin were on that land since the Princesses were lil' fillies?"
- Also the existence of The Banded, which also goes as far back as the Princesses foalhood.
- One of Us: A real life example as the author is an editor on TV Tropes.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Discord's response about his wounds gained during his fight with Lord Hircus.
- Orphan's Ordeal: Before being placed in an orphanage, Lime Tree had it very rough.
- Parents Walk In at the Worst Time: AppleCore, AppleFlower's father catches her and Vance in the act.
- Pin-Pulling Teeth: How Ponies pull the pins on grenades given to them by the Americans.
- Ponies With Pikes: The Equestrian Armed Forces fight alongside the Americans while fighting the Liberation Alliance.
- Plane Spotting: The author knows his aircraft.
- Product Placement: In chapter twenty seven, Derpy is seen with a bag from Einstein Bros Bakery.
- Punny Name: The Atlanta police sergeant that oversees the Equestrian refugees is named Vince Lawson.
- The Quisling: The Banded and the ponies that defected to the Alliance to save themselves.
- Reality Ensues: What the author did to all of Equestria and its world, with the Sugar Bowl elements downplayed.
- Reassigned to Antarctica: What Lenard tells Lime Tree what will happen to him if someone finds out about Lime sneaking out of the Georgia Dome and into Lenard's car trunk.
- Red Alert: A siren is used to let the American and Equestrian forces in Ponyville to prepare for the approaching Liberation Army.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Private Simms goes on a brief one when one of his squad mates is killed in an ambush right in front of him.
- Rock Beats Laser: The Liberation Army seem to do a surprisingly good job at fighting the much more technologically advanced US Soldiers.
- Rousing Speech: Before going to battle with each other, Tribune Crest and a Ram general gives one of these to their troops.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something:
- Luna comes along and gives her assistance during Celestia's rescue operation.
- Blueblood appoints himself General of the Liberation Resistance.
- Celestia plans to fight alongside the Ponies and the humans when the bulk of Lord Hircus' invasion force arrives.
- Save the Princess: The American/Equestrian joint rescue operations of Celestia and Luna.
- Scenery Porn: What the HailFire's explosion is described as.
"Arching into the sky, the greatest forces of destruction ever created by hand and hoof collided in mid air, giving life to a combined nuclear and elemental magical event. There was not a flash of light, rather an approaching wall of luminous energy that blinded the pilot through his visor. Panels and gauges began to spark. The jet veered wildly in the shock wave. When his vision returned, all the pilot could see was what can only be described as a mass of energy in it's purest form. It was a perfect pearl of power, pulsing with unnatural might. It was almost beautiful."
- Science Hero: If not for the Americans leveling the playing field with their technology, Equestria would have been taken over by the Alliance with many more casualties on the Pony's side.
- Semper Fi: An undetermined amount of Marines are sent into the anomaly to provide security for the scientist.
- Ship Tease: A minor one, but when Blueblood hears about Ponyville being captured, the first thing he asks about is the condition of a "marshmallow-white unicorn mare with an eloquent violet mane" (aka Rarity).
- Shoot Out the Lock: Mace shoots out the lock to Celestia's cell.
- As part of a pre flight checkup, Callsign Treehouse tells Captain Greene to do a barrel roll.
- A construction worker mispronounces Discord as Destro.
- Shown Their Work: The author has done his homework on the USAF and Atlanta, Georgia.
- Single Tear:
- Played for Laughs. When Commander Mason Stuart introduces the DeltaScout Extra-planetary probe Mk1, Lieutenant Greene swore he saw him wipe a Tear of Joy.
- Played straight when Vance has a flashback of AppleFlower in chapter thirty-three.
- Sins of Our Fathers: Celestia and Luna's parents were responsible for most of the Liberation Alliance's grievances with Equestria.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: AppleFlower and Vance.
- Start of Darkness: Apple Flower's Imprisonment and eventual death is this for Vance.
- Straight Mare And Wise Mare: Bon-Bon and Lyra.
- Stock Dinosaurs (Non-Dinosaurs): Pandragons and Pandragon Minors are described and being pterosaur-like.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Everything from Blueblood's house to Apache helicopters.
- Stunned Silence: Filthy Rich is stunned silent when Spike buys his best diamonds only because he wanted a snack.
- Sugar Bowl: Downplayed. While Equestria is a very nice place to live, it faces problems such as invasion threats and rebellions just like anywhere else.
- Suicide Herb: The Banded, a group of ponies that are allied with the Liberation Alliance, use a poisonous herb for this purpose.
- Take Me to Your Leader: Said almost word for word by Celestia. Lenard briefly Lamp Shades on it.
Lenard: "Did you just say take us to you lea- Never mind."
- Take That: Word Of God says that the entire story is this to the Humans Are the Real Monsters concept.
- Taking You with Me: A Griffin tries to pull this off on General Rock but fails.
- Tank Goodness:
- Battle Wagons appear to be the Equestrian and Liberation Alliance equivalent of human tanks.
- In chpater twenty, the second wave of reinforcements is given in the form of a column of twenty M1A3 Abrams.
Mace: "A brand new M1A3 Abrams main battle tank with a 50. Cal. turret and advanced impact reactive armor?! Somebody up there loves us!"
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: The HailFire's armament consisted of very fucking big magma orbs.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Discord doesn't approve of killing on the grounds that he is a prankster not a mass murderer.
- Tears of Joy: Discord after seeing the Bad Ass Old Spice commercial.
Discord: I have seen the promised land and it is good!"
- The Ace: Lenard passed his USAF entrance exams with flying colors.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Lord Hircus' plan for both worlds.
- The Name Is Bond, James Bond: An Equestrian physician introduces herself in this form in chapter twenty five.
Winter Willow: "Oh, yes. My name is Winter Willow, Doctor Winter Willow."
- Training from Hell: Rainbow Dash comes to view her reduced flying ability as this.
- Trapped Behind Enemy Lines: The POWs taken by the Alliance after the Homeworld Evacuation. Eventually they get out and make it to the human world.
- Twenty Minutes into the Future: The author has confirmed that the story takes place in 2019-2020.
- Unwitting Pawn: What the Liberation Alliance saw all of the Ponies as.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Lord Hircus' reason for wanting to purge both worlds.
Lord Hircus: "Be silent, human. I invade your world because I have the power to do so. When I am done, there will be no more wars, no more killing or hatred or destruction. When I have finished, I will remake both halves of Earth in MY image."
- Villain Protagonist: Plananx came off as this before his Heel-Face Turn.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: At least one Equestrian officer lost his lunch after seeing the alicorn's decapitated horns.
- The War on Terror: Steven Mace mentions that he saw some action in Iraq about two years ago.
- War Fic: Not at first, but it turns into one around the middle of the story.
- War Is Glorious: What some thought of the The Continental Wars.
- War Is Hell: Also what some thought of the The Continental Wars.
- War Refugees: Try about eighty fucking thousand of them.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The entire Liberation Alliance thinks they are this, as they are trying to liberate Equestria from the Princesses much to the confusion of all the ponies and humans involved.
AOD Soldier: "Tyrants, thieves, monsters. What could have possible lead them to say all of these things?"
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Lime Tree can't remember the welcome home party Pinkie threw for him. Much to his dismay since he didn't do any "obscene medicines" and didn't drink at all.
- Wham Line:
- In the end of Chapter fourteen, when Celestia decides to tell the elements and everyone on the CH-53E of the "Great Equestrian Purge".
- When Major Classified reveals that either Sergeant Sky Blade, Corporal Star Sabre, or Private Crescent Skies could be a Mole.
- When Dimensions Collide: It starts out good until the Big Bad reveals himself.
- Wooden Ships and Iron Men: The Eclipstrian and Ram Navies were this during The Continental Wars.
- Worthy Opponent: What General Rock thinks of the Griffin that tried to kill him.
- Wouldn't Shoot A Mare: Star Sabre gets a little disturbed when he has to kill a female Alliance officer.
- Yanks with Tanks: A team of Marines, Navy Seals, and Army Rangers go into the anomaly to protect the scientist working on the other side.
- You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me: Lenard's reaction when one of his F-15's AIM-9X Sidewinder missiles actually gets a lock on a Pandragon.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: What Veltor, an imprisoned Liberation defector believes will happen to Bronze Leaf when the Alliance council realizes that he really knows nothing about the humans.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Vance killed the original Lord Hircus and took his name and title when he found that the latter did not care for his subjects.