is a Fusion Fic
written by Finmonster
between The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This is the tale of a meeting between two dreamers. It is a tale of love and acceptance. Of obsession and greed. Of a princess and a witch. A knight and his steed. A thief and a dancer. But most of all, it is a tale of a man and a monster.
There are 19 chapters and the story is completed. A sequel, Seven Days in Corona
, is currently being written; also takes place before The Dragon and the Bow
- Abusive Parents: Claude Frollo who uses isolation, verbal abuse, emotional dependence, all leading up to outright physical assault on Quasimodo. Averted with Mother Gothel who unlike her canon counterpart grows to love Rapunzel and even regret kidnapping her from her real parents.
- Action Girl: Rapunzel shows some skill in battle while Esmeralda is as good a fighter as any one else in the story.
- Adaptational Heroism: Mother Gothel, who unlike her canon counterpart, grows to love Rapunzel and ends up sacrificing her life to save her from Frollo.
- A Taste of the Lash: Frollo personally flogs Quasimodo for continually defying him.
- Babies Ever After: The ending of the last chapter flashes forward years into the future showing that Quasimodo and Rapunzel as well as Eugene and Esmeralda have children.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Rapunzel and Quasi fight back to back in the final battle.
- Bargain with Heaven: Gothel makes one with Soliel, exchanging the extra years of life she has taken to bring Rapunzel back to life
- Blade on a Stick: Big Nose uses a spear in battle.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Frollo's actions do not please the Sun god, and it leads to his death in similar fashion to the movie.
- Burn the Witch!: Frollo attempts to execute Rapunzel and Gothel through fire by claiming they are witches.
- Butt Monkey: Phoebus goes through a lot of abuse catching up to Quasi's group. Needless to say, by the time he does so, he is not pleased.
- Church Going Villain: As in the movie, Frollo is a devout follower of his faith and a corrupt hypocrite.
- Composite Character:
- Maximus appears to be combined with Phoebus's horse Achilles.
- The Stabbington Brothers take the place of the Brutish and Oafish Guards from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Cool Big Sis: How Rapunzel sees Esmeralda.
- Dance Battler: Esmeralda's fighting style is described as very fluid and dance-like.
- Death by Adaptation: Frollo's horse Snowball's fate wasn't revealed in The Hunchback of Notre Dame, but in this fic he's killed, by Maximus's hooves.
- Dirty Cop: Frollo's guards are corrupt, power hungry and are shown shaking down merchants for money.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Esmeralda and Rapunzel. In the next fic, Rapunzel has to wear shoes while being formal, and finds them uncomfortable.
- Drop the Hammer: Vladimir wield's a heavy mallet as a weapon.
Seven Days in Corona contains examples of:
- Call Forward
- Canon Welding: Frozen is now added. Rapunzel's maternal aunt is the Queen of Arendelle.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Frollo thought beheadings were uncivilized, but he allows Baylen the executioner to do it once in a while.
- It's All My Fault: Rapunzel blames herself for her aunt and uncle's death. She believes Elsa and Anna hate her for it.
- Jerkass: Rapunzel's cousin Prince Leon.
- My Greatest Failure: Francios blames himself for raising his son Leon the way he is. He raised him to be the next ruler of Corona, believing the Princess might never return. The goal went over his head, and now that goal is taken from him when Rapunzel was finally found.