Fanfic: Heaven's Light
aka: Heaven Light
Heaven's Light is a fanfic made by Finmonster and a fuse fan fiction between The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tangled.This is the tale of a meeting between two dreamers. It is a tale of love and acceptance. Of obsession and greed. Of a princess and a witch. A knight and his steed. A thief and a dancer. But most of all, it is a tale of man and a monster.There are 19 chapters and the story is completed. A sequel, Seven Days in Corona, is currently being written; also takes place before The Dragon and the Bow.
- Abusive Parents: Claude Frollo who uses isolation, verbal abuse, emotional dependence, all leading up to outright physical assault on Quasimodo. Averted with Mother Gothel who unlike her canon counterpart grows to love Rapunzel and even regret kidnapping her from her real parents.
- A Taste of the Lash: Frollo personally flogs Quasimodo for continually defying him.
- Action Girl: Rapunzel shows some skill in battle while Esmeralda is as good a fighter as any one else in the story.
- Babies Ever After: The ending of the last chapter flashes forward years into the future showing that Quasimodo and Rapunzel as well as Eugene and Esmeralda have children.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Rapunzel and Quasi fight back to back in the final battle.
- Bargain with Heaven: Gothel makes one with Soliel, exchanging the extra years of life she has taken to bring Rapunzel back to life
- Blade on a Stick: Big Nose uses a spear in battle.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Frollo's actions do not please the Sun god, and it leads to his death in similar fashion to the movie.
- Burn the Witch!: Frollo attempts to execute Rapunzel and Gothel through fire by claiming they are witches.
- Church Going Villain: As in the movie, Frollo is a devout follower of his faith and a corrupt hypocrite.
- Composite Character: Maximus appears to be combined with Phoebus's horse Achilles.
- Dance Battler: Esmeralda's fighting style is described as very fluid and dance-like.
- Dirty Cop: Frollo's guards are corrupt, power hungry and are shown shaking down merchants for money.
- Drop the Hammer: Vladimir wield's a heavy mallet as a weapon.
- Face Death with Dignity: Gothel willingly sacrifices her life and calmly tells Quasi she is no longer afraid of death before dying.
- Fusion Fic: The story takes place in Corona with the Hunchback of Notre Dame characters and places added in. The plot involves points from both stories.
- Girl in the Tower: Rapunzel, of course. Quasimodo himself is a rare male example. When the two of them meet, this common ground is what creates an (almost) instant bond between them.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: Quasimodo's fighting style. This is also how Phoebus and Eugene fight when disarmed.
- Good Shepherd: The Archpriest is repeatedly shown to be a good, pious man and cares deeply about Quasimodo.
- High Priest: The Archpriest is the respected leader of Eglise Soliel.
- I Just Want to Be Free: Both Quasi and Rapunzel desire to escape from their towers and explore the outside world.
- Knight Templar: Frollo plans to seize the kingdom to purify it from sin.
- Love Redeems: Gothel's love for Rapunzel causes her to reject Frollo, apologize for all the pain she's caused and ultimately sacrifice her life to save Rapunzel's.
- Oh My Gods!: Most character's say "Sun above" instead of "Oh my God," due to the sun based religion of the setting.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: When Phoebus escapes from captivity, he is so angry he savagely beats the two men guarding him.
- Rags to Royalty: During the story, Quasimodo goes from living in the cathedral bell tower as an outcast to living in the palace as the princess' consort.
- Rage Against The Heaven: At one point, it seems the Sun god is speaking to him, condemning him for his actions. But he shuns them, saying he's doing what he believes is for the greater good.
- Redemption Equals Death: Gothel gives up the magic keeping her young to save Rapunzel's life and she ages to death.
- Rousing Speech
- Saintly Church: Englise Soliel and the religion of Soliel in general are shown to be generally interested in the wellfare of the people.
- Simple Staff: Esmeralda has skill with swords but specifically states staffs are her Weapon of Choice.
- Shout-Out: When Gothel ages, she gives pretty much gives the Ancient Booer's speech.
- Several little shout-outs can be found throughout. In that same chapter, Phoebus gives a speech that works in snippets from Charlie Chaplin's speech in The Great Dictator.
- Taking You with Me: Gothel throws herself and Frollo off the cathedral at the end.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Phoebus deals with this dilemma when he finally catches up with Rapunzel, Quasi, Esmeralda and Eugene.
- We Can Rule Together: Frollo makes this offer to Gothel when he reveals his plans to her.
- Whip It Good: Rapunzel learns her skills with her hair translate well to using a whip.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Phoebus has this internal reaction anytime Frollo praises him.
Seven Days in Corona contains examples of:
- Call Forward
- Canon Welding: Frozen is now added. Rapunzel's maternal aunt is the Queen of Arendelle.
- It's All My Fault: Rapunzel blames herself for her aunt and uncle's death. She believes Elsa and Anna hate her for it.
- Jerkass: Rapunzel's cousin Jean-Claude.