made by Finmonster and a fuse fan fiction between The Hunchback of Notre Dame
This is the tale of a meeting between two dreamers. It is a tale of love and acceptance. Of obsession and greed. Of a princess and a witch. A knight and his steed. A thief and a dancer. But most of all, it is a tale of man and a monster.
There are 19 chapters and the story is completed.
- Abusive Parent-Figure: Claude Frollo who uses isolation, verbal abuse, emotional dependence, all leading up to outright physical assault on Quasimodo. Averted with Mother Gothel who unlike her canon counterpart grows to love Rapunzel and even regret kidnapping her from her real parents.
- Action Girl: Esmerelda and Rapunzel both have their moments.
- Babies Ever After: As shown in the last chapter.
- Bolt of Divine Retribution: Frollo's actions do not please the Sun god, and it leads to his death in similar fashion to the movie.
- Dirty Cop: Frollo's guards are this.
- Eviler than Thou: Gothel's no saint, but when she gets mixed up with Frollo, it's clear who the bigger bad is.
- Face Death with Dignity: Gothel does this.
- Fusion Fic
- Girl in the Tower: Rapunzel, of course. Quasimodo himself is a rare male example. When the two of them meet, this common ground is what creates an (almost) instant bond between them.
- I Just Want To Be Free: Both Quasi and Rapunzel.
- Knight Templar: Frollo plans to seize the kingdom to purify it from sin.
- Love Redeems: Gothel's love for Rapunzel.
- Rags to Royalty
- Rage Against The Heaven: At one point, it seems the saints are speaking to him, condemning him for what he's about to do. But he shuns them, saying he's doing what he believes is the right thing to do.
- Redemption Equals Death: Gothel gives up the magic keeping her young to save Rapunzel's life and she ages to death.
- Shout-Out: When Gothel ages, she gives pretty much gives the Ancient Booer's speech.
- Taking You with Me: Gothel throws herself and Frollo off the cathedral at the end.