This story contains examples of:
- Black Eyes of Evil: The cultists in "Domestic Strife" have them.
- Canon Discontinuity: Any backstory from the show revealed after "Ted" is ignored.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The climactic battle of "Innocence" lasts maybe thirty seconds, with Spike's minions wiped out along with the Judge.
- Deadpan Snarker: The Judge gets some of this.
- Deconstruction: Fated tries to deconstruct the Buffy/Angel romance while keeping it intact.
- Humiliation Conga: The end of "Innocence". Topping off the previous Curb-Stomp Battle, Spike wrecks his car when he tries to ram the "Welcome To Los Angeles" sign.
- If You Ever Do Anything to Hurt Her...: Giles warns Angel.
- Oh, Crap!: Spike has one when he sees the BLOODY ROCKET LAUNCHER.
- Running Gag: Jenny's ineptitude with weapons of any sort.