Fan Fic: Fallout: Equestria - Heroes
"What is the nature of a hero?"Fallout: Equestria - Heroes
is Recursive Fanfiction
of Fallout: Equestria
written by No One, and is currently a work in progress.
Inspired by the heroics of the mysterious mare known as the Stable Dweller, Silver Storm, a guard of the town of Marefort, decides to go on a daring mission to rescue her captured brother. Of course things rarely go as planned and her attempts at heroism drags her into a tangled web of plots and conspiracies as warring factions vie for control over the last great city: Dise.
Fallout: Equestria - Heroes contains examples of the following tropes:
- Artificial Limbs:
- Silver Storm loses her left foreleg to Starmetal poisoning, requiring a cybernetic replacement.
- Later, she gets a cybernetic replacement for part of hind leg.
- Amazonian Beauty: Silver Storm. Oh◊ so◊ much!◊
- Boom, Headshot: How Wildfire dies. The image continues to haunt Silver throughout the story.
- Buffy Speak: "I could feel a piece of steel rebar stabbing into my gut like a stabbing pain thing."
- Catapult Nightmare: Averted and Discussed. Silver frequently has nightmares over Wildfire's death, but merely wake up in a shock. After waking up from a nightmare at one point she even felt relieved that this trope didn't happen, noting that it was cliché.
- Cyborg: It is Mr. House's requirement for all of his subordinates, including Silver Storm, to have some cybernetic enhancement.
- Eyepatch of Power: Hired Gun starts wearing an eyepatch due to losing an eye in a failed assassination attempt. She continues to use it even after getting a cybernetic replacement.
- Fantastic Racism: There is a mutual hatred between Caledonian Ponies and Minotaurs due to fighting each other during and after the war.
- First-Person Smartass: Silver Storm. Half the story is her snarking to herself about the things or people around her.
- Footnote Fever: Like the parent story, the story has a tendency to note Silver Storm/Hired Gun's current level.
- Happily Adopted: Serenity to Silver, although reluctantly for Silver at first.
- Handicapped Badass: Even when her cybernetics are disabled or removed Silver is still a dangerous combatant capable capable of impressive feats
- Hidden Depths: The main character seems to come off as an Idiot Hero, judging by her in-story stats, actions, and comments from other characters. However, her first person narration often shows a surprising amount of wisdom, intelligence and knowledge about the situations she finds herself in.
- Ironic Name: Hired Gun's .50 caliber Anti-Materiel rifle, which she names "Subtlety".
- Mama Bear: Silver toward Serenity. Threatening or hurting Serenity is an easy way to get on Silver's bad side.
- Meaningful Rename: Silver Storm decides to call herself Hired Gun when she takes up mercenary work.
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Silver can sense when a unicorn is using magic nearby due to her Starmetal poisoning.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Serenity has a certain...fascination with cybernetics. She even begs to watch Silver's cybernetic eye surgery.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: The Batmare is prone to pulling these. Somehow without her teleportation.
- The Unfavorite: According to himself, Summer Silk was this to his and Silver's mother.
- Wham Chapter: Chapter 24 ended with the deaths of many side characters, a war started between two biggest faction in Caledonian Wasteland, a megaspell explosion above Dise, and the reveal of the main villainous faction who works in shadows and cause conflict around Dise.
- Chapter 29 The full extent of Foundation's death is explored and the chapter ends with the revelation that Silver is the host to a full powered megaspell.