Fanfic / Fairy Dance Alternate
An Original Flavor Sword Art Online
fanfiction created by Knowledgeseeker66. It may be found here
The premise of the story is a what if scenario if Sugou had capture Kirito's mind instead of Asuna's mind at the end of the Sword Art Online arc. This sets off a new chain of events.
Tropes found in this fanfiction:
- Action Girl: There are several in this story:
- Female members of the Sleeping Knights
- Adaptation Expansion: There are a few examples:
- This story provides expansions on Asuna's friendships with different characters other than Kirito, especially her friendship with Lizbeth which is barely touched upon in canon. Asuna also has a few personal conversations with Suguha which is something that did not happen in the canon version of the story arc.
- Chapters Four, Five, and Six provide information on what happens during the two and a half month after Sword Art Online is complete rather than having a time skip.
- All Just a Dream: The main plot for Chapter Six involves Asuna going through a major dream sequence that involves Kirito dying.
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: During the third story arc, it switches from Asuna being the main character to Kirito being the main character to explain what happened to him during the two and a half months that passed between Asuna being freed from Sword Art Online to discovering a picture of Kirito in Alfheim Online.
- Ascended Extra: A majority of the main cast fits this because the only major characters in the canon arc were Kirito, Asuna, Yui, Suguha, and Sugou.
- In canon, Agil, Lizbeth, Klein, and Silica had minor roles in the Fairy Dance arc. In this story, they are promoted to being major characters.
- Asuna's brother, Yuuki Kouichirou, who has yet to make an actual appearance in the canon story, has a reoccurring role.
- Asuna's father, Yuuki Shouzou, only has one scene in the canon version of the Fairy Dance Arc, but he has a reoccurring role in this story.
- Big Bad: Sugou Nobiyuki
- Big Brother Mentor: Agil acts like this to Asuna at certain points.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Similar to canon, Sugou acts polite in front of Asuna's father and other authority figures while he reveals his true nature to Asuna and anyone else.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens at the end every chapter where certain characters, usually Asuna and Kirito, break the fourth wall to talk about the chapter for either comical or informational purposes.
- Character Development: The story goes into how Asuna's relationships with several of her friends from Sword Art Online along with her friendship with Suguha develops over time.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: In Chapter Five, it is reveal that Sugou subjects Kirito to this on a regular basis to the point he is barely capable of standing.
- Darker and Edgier: There have been a number of hints that would be the case in this story. The events of Chapter Five and Six make it extremely clear that would be the case.
- Forced to Watch: It is revealed in Chapter Five that Sugou has forced Yui to watch as he repeatedly has Kirito tortured either by Sugou or his subordinates.
- Sugou tells Kirito that he will force Kirito to watch a video of Sugou's wedding to Asuna along with making him watch them consummate their marriage repeatedly.
- Foreshadowing: A number of aspects for the story have received foreshadowing for later events, Chapters Five and Six most likely provide a great deal of foreshadowing for what will happen later on.
- Friendship Moment: Asuna shares this with a number of her friends, especially Lisbeth.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: After Lisbeth admits to Asuna that she likes Kirito, she states that she understands that Kirito belongs to Asuna, and she will not interfere with their relationship.
- Jerkass: Sugou Nobiyuki tortures Kirito on a regular basis, threatens to reprogram Yui so she would call him Papa, and gave Asuna an ultimatum in Chapter Five. The list of his deeds does not end there.
- Love Triangle: Subverted. Lisbeth has told Asuna that she will not get in her way if/when Kirito wakes up.
- Smug Snake: Sugou Nobiyuki mocks both Kirito and Asuna about how powerless they are in two separate instances in Chapter Five.
- Story Arc: The story is separated into different story arcs. As of this moment, the story is in the middle of its third story arc.
- True Companions: Two examples have been made in this story
- Asuna and her friends - At the end of Chapter Six, it is more or less stated that they are all going to help Asuna save Kirito, but the extent has not yet been revealed yet
- The Sleeping Knights
- Time Skip: Downplayed. The story goes into what happened during the months after Sword Art Online is completed while only providing minor time skips of up to a few weeks rather than months.
- Wham Episode: Within a few chapters, there have been several wham episodes, especially chapters Five and Six.