Fanfic / Extended Stay
is a Superjail
fanfic written by Prepare-for-the-crazy
about the Mistress having to stop at Superjail so she can refuel Ultraprison, but having to stay longer than expected when a few things come up. Romance Ensues
. The fanfic is fifteen chapters long and considering its wordcount to be over 14,000 words, would definintely be a Novelette
. It should be noted that the fanfic also followed in the footsteps
, plot-wise, of Voltalia
's An Unexpected Child
and a bit of her first Superjail
fanfic The Story Of Us
There's also a Recursive Fanfiction sequel
to it now, written by Voltalia
herself: Et Mundus EosWARNING: Most spoilers will be unmarked.
This fanfic has:
- Abusive Parents: Warden's father and Mistress's mom are said to play this trope horribly straight, with the former being emotionally, psychologically and mentally abusive (especially in canon) and the latter being verbally abusive.
- Adult Fear: Mistress goes into labor while eight months pregnant in Chapter 12. She and her new husband are utterly terrified by this, to say the least. Fortunately, everybody is fine come the next chapter.
- Chapter 14 mentions how the inmates are always abducting the twins. This is magnified when Maddie and her brother run off while their father's looking away.
- Alliterative Family: Two of the children are named Ethan and Edward; the Odd Name Out is Matilda (though her middle name, Elizabeth, counts).
- Babies Ever After
- Bad Date: Holy shit, the date Warden and Mistress go on in Chapter 7! As if the inmates being roped into participating in the "Lockdown of Love II" and acting totally uncooperative wasn't bad enough, Jared and Cherice both managed to get drunk off of the champagne they were supposed to serve their bosses and call them out on treating their significant other like shit and Mistress's ex-boyfriend showed up with the intent of murdering her!
- Ballroom Blitz: This happens twice when the inmates riot in the fic. They first riot in Chapter 7 when our central lovers go on a date and they do it again in Chapter 13 after Mistress goes into labor during her and the Warden's wedding.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Warden and Mistress have this, in spades.
- The unofficial sequel apparently has this starting to form between Suki and Edward.
- Birth/Death Juxtaposition: In Chapter 13, the priest in charge is captured, seduced, and killed by one of the female inmates while trying to escape the riot that is going on at the Warden and the Mistress's wedding. At the same time, Mistress is in preterm labor and eventually gives birth to surprise twins.
- A Boy, a Girl, and a Baby Family: At the very end of the fanfic, the Warden and the Mistress's family has been established as this with their mixed-gender twins Matilda and Ethan and the "baby" Edward. (Although at this point, the twins are twenty years old; their brother being about four years younger than them.)
- Cannot Spit It Out: Warden struggles with asking Mistress to go on a date with him in Chapter 6. He eventually gets it out, with Mistress naturally accepting the offer.
- Contrived Coincidence: The plot has one of these as a driving force. Let's see... Ultraprison's only nearest stop just so happens to be Superjail, Mistress's ex-boyfriend is an inmate at the latter, she turns out to be pregnant just when she's about to leave, and through a stroke of pure luck gives birth to twins on the same day she and Warden are getting married.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: In Chapter 13, Mistress threatens to kill both her new husband Warden and the Delivery Guy and turn their skins into her personal pajamas while she's in labor. The scariest part? It's said a couple paragraphs later that she's actually capable of doing this as she pleases.
- Dating Catwoman
- Delivery Guy: Dr. Andrew, as he appears in Chapter 13.
- Distant Finale: The last two chapters suddenly flash forward some number of years into the future. The next-to-last chapter is set exactly four years after Mistress gives birth to her twins, and the very last chapter is set sixteen years after that.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Mistress has a dream in Chapter 11, which foreshadows a future where she has 2.5 kids with Warden, is married to the guy, and has also conquered the world. She has it all by the end of the fanfic.
- Even the Guys Want Him: In the last chapter, young Ethan is said to occasionally attract quite a following of inmates with his good looks, which he has his father to thank for. He only seems to be attracted to women, though.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Fairy Tale Wedding Dress: Although the wedding dress Mistress wears in Chapter 12 is only described as being a traditional white dress with a long train and covered in sequins, there's no doubt it's probably equivalent to royalty anyway.
- Glad-to-Be-Alive Sex: Implied to be happening at the end of Chapter 7 after Warden gets into a scuffle with one of his inmates (who also happens to be an ex-boyfriend of Mistress). It's probably safe to assume that this is how the twins were conceived, too.
- Happily Married: Near the end of the fanfic, this is the case for the Warden and the Mistress, in spite of everything that's happened. In fact, they are so happy together that their marriage ends up lasting for twenty years!
- Heh Heh, You Said X: This exchange ensues in Chapter 3 when Mistress tries to get Warden to go to bed.
Mistress: Warden, you are obviously not alright. You need to sleep.
Warden: But, I can't...I have to...finish the paperwork...
Mistress: Warden, you just let me take care of that. You need to sleep. Right, now. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
Warden: Heh...you said...butts...
- Hereditary Republic: Warden and Mistress have arranged for their youngest son Edward (Eddie) to take control of the world dictatorship after they've died.
- It's pretty much the same deal with their twins looking after Superjail and Ultraprison.
- Instant Birth, Just Add Water: This happens in Chapter 13 when the Mistress goes into labor at the altar during her and the Warden's wedding. However, this is subverted as she doesn't actually give birth at the altar right away. There's actually enough time for Warden to send Jailbot and NOVA out to find a doctor, for the robots to come back with said doctor, and for Mistress to be moved into another room where she can give birth without being in danger.
- Last Episode, New Character: Eddie only appears once near the end of the last chapter, and also only gets one line of dialogue.
- Long Bus Trip: Dr. Andrew appears in Chapter 13 to help Mistress deliver brother-sister twins, only to never show up again for the rest of the fanfic. The only thing that hints at his return is when he tells the new parents to call him back in when they're ready for him.
- Maternity Crisis: In Chapter 12, just as they are about to kiss and wrap up the wedding ceremony, Mistress's water breaks right in front of everyone.
- Panicky Expectant Father: Subverted in Chapter 13. The Warden, for the most part, tries to stay calm while his love, the Mistress, is in preterm labor the same day they're getting married. He even sends Jailbot and NOVA to find a doctor for them.
- Passing the Torch: This is how the fanfic ends. Now that the Warden and the Mistress have gotten older and have succeeded in their plan to Take Over the World, they leave their twins Matilda and Ethan, who have come of age at twenty years old, with the responsibility of running Ultraprison and Superjail respectively. Meanwhile, the long-time married duo move into the White House with their other son Edward.
- Psycho Ex-Boyfriend: William in Chapter 7.
- The unofficial sequel seems to imply that Mistress broke up with him because he was already married to Zora at the time.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Subverted in Chapter 12. Mistress starts off her wedding vows listing Warden's flaws before going on to say how much she's changed since she fell for him and how she loves him for being a Psychopathic Manchild.
- Romance Ensues: Chapter 5 has Warden and Mistress kissing in his office. They both then realize their feelings for one another.
- Screaming Birth: Played straight with Mistress in Chapter 13.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In chapter 13, following the Mistress going into sudden labor during her and the Warden's wedding, the inmates start to riot. This prompts the priest marrying the two lovers to flee for his life, only to be caught and killed by one of the female inmates seconds later.
- Shotgun Wedding: Warden and Mistress have one in Chapter 12 while the bride is 8 months pregnant.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Matilda and Ethan are, of course, named for the Star-Crossed Lovers in Ethan Frome.
- Significant Birth Date: The Warden and the Mistress's twins Matilda and Ethan are born a month early on the same day their parents get married. However, the anniversary/birthdate is never revealed.
- Et Mundus Eos reveals that their little brother Edward shares the same birthday as Hitler.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: The Warden and the Mistress almost become this until a revelation that Mistress is pregnant is revealed in Chapter 10, allowing her to stay and thus, allowing them to be together.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Matilda and Ethan pull this on their father in Chapter 14.
- Stealth Pun: The Mistress gave birth in Chapter 13 on a twin-sized bed.
- Surprise Pregnancy: The Mistress and the Superjail crew find out she's pregnant just when Ultraprison is about to leave. This one is justified since she hasn't been far enough along to exhibit any symptoms.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: In Chapter 14, the Warden and the Mistress, after getting worked up over their 4-year-old twins Matilda and Ethan running off, finally find them beating and whipping the inmates alongside Jailbot, NOVA, Alice and Bruce. Oddly enough, Warden convinces his wife that this means they are good parents and they actually decide to help their children beat the crap out of their victims.
- Although to be fair, the parents in this case are prison wardens who take pleasure in straight-up torturing and murdering their prisoners, so it'd actually be no surprise the children would pick up on that.
- Unto Us A Daughter and Son Are Born: Chapter 13 features the birth of our lovers' first children Matilda and Ethan.
- Wall Bang Her: Implied to be happening at the end of Chapter 7.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma
- Wedding Chapter: At last, they get married in Chapter 12.
- Wedding Smashers: The inmates riot in Chapter 13 while Mistress is in labor.
- Wham Line: There's two of these. The first one comes in Chapter 10 when Ultraprison is about to leave until Cherice reveals that something came up, forcing them to stay. And that something is...?
Mistress: I-I'm pregnant...
The unofficial sequel has the following tropes:
- The Apunkalypse: The United States has been a literal hellhole since its society collapsed years ago. That's not completely the case, though, since Warden and his family are ruling the world.
- Ascended Extra: Edward has a much larger role here than he did in the original fanfic. After all, he's knocked up the Japanese chancellor and he's the next world dictator.
- Bilingual Bonus: The title Et Mundus Eos is a Latin phrase that means "Them and the World."
- Brother-Sister Incest/Twincest: Mentioned in chapter 9 to have occurred between Matilda and Ethan.
- Curse Cut Short: In Chapter 2, Edward almost calls Zora (who's black) a racial slur before his mother stops him.
- Description Porn: Totally played straight in Chapter 4 when describing the Leaders, Chancellors, and Emissaries, especially when it comes to Suki Yokoi.
Her young Chancellor, Yokoi Suki, was no different. Suki was about the size of a small cement podium when compared to the future world dictator Eddie, who towered above her by merely a few inches. Her eyes were tiny slits with a chocolate iris edged with large charcoal black eyelashes puffing out. Her lips were grotesquely plump like those of a Bratz doll, naturally colored salmon but partly colored garnet pink for the masquerade, and gave the owner a pretense of being a child. (She may as well have been a child, given that she was one of the youngest Chancellors in the world at age nineteen.) Her body seemed to be composed of mostly skin and bones with some muscle here and there. The skin itself was a lighter shade of parchment yellow and looked to be effacing, given how visible the veins beneath it were. Lastly, her hair was black ink, about as straight as beam of light, that falls to her shoulder blades, weightless as a feather. She blankly stared at the ebony-haired teen in the military uniform, and it unsettled him. She clutched a small bottle of medication in her hands, but no one noticed anything suspicious. She wore herself a small blue dress that looked to have come from eighteenth-century England and a matching mask that was adorned with gems that were various shades and hues.
- Long-Lost Relative: Mistress finds out via DNA test that the French Chancellor Dorian Valjean is her father.
- Repeat What You Just Said: Edward uses this in Chapter 6 after Suki tells him she's pregnant.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Ethan considers his good looks to be a curse whenever the inmates try to flirt with him. Still, he doesn't really mind so long as he's the only person they lust after.
- Teen Pregnancy: The leader of the punk youths, Delilah, says she had her daughter Genie when she was only fourteen or fifteen!
- Nineteen-year-old Chancellor Suki Yokoi is pregnant with sixteen-year-old Eddie's child.
- Dorian was only sixteen when the Mistress was conceived.
- Teenage Wasteland: The United States is ruled by a group of punk youths, the oldest being their leader Delilah.
- Twofer Token Minority: Zora Austin is female, biracial (half-black, half-white), and wheelchair-bound.
- Chancellor Suki Yokoi is female, Japanese, and has Bipolar Disorder.
- Chancellor Bilqiis Cali is female, Somali, and presumably a lesbian.
- Your Cheating Heart: Zora quotes this almost verbatim in Chapter 3 when referring to her ex-husband William.