is a Warcraft
fanfiction written by Weiila and is indisputable proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
At her wit's end and desperate to end the fighting, Jaina Proudmore decides to portray herself as a "Sacrificial Lamb
" by arranging a Perfectly Arranged Marriage
with Warchief Thrall. (Who, unknown to her people, she does have strong romantic feelings for.)
In greater detail it is a medley of emotion, swift action, political drama, that sums together into a recipe of pure unhampered awesome. The Fan-Preferred Couple
Jaina/Thrall is written wonderfully in character and into a situation that realistically draws reactions out. The Witty Humor never fails to delight and the twists never stop shocking and amazing us. The most hard hitting part of this work is it's words and portrayals that blend seamlessly with their environment. Common comments in the reviews are that this could easily be canon and is entirely believable. Some even claim Better Than Canon
, and with good reason.Diplomacy
takes place in the same universe as Weiila's other Warcraft
stories; Shades of Grey
and Remembering Grey
which tells to story of how Ambassador Thomas Southstone and his friend prior to his role in Diplomacy
Worthy of note (among other things) for having received over 400 reviews without even being finished. Not to be confused with the popular board game
This Fan Fic Contains Examples Of:
- Action Girl: Chapter 13. Nuff said.
- Ass in Ambassador: The Stormwind emissary comes dangerously close to this.
- Averted in Thomas Southstone, who regards his position as Ambassador to the Horde as a great honor, and greatly respects the various Horde cultures. In fact, his excitement about getting to travel in Horde territory is considered a bit strange.
- Badass:Overlord Saurfang facts: Even in fanfiction it is impossible for Saurfang NOT to be an utter badass.
- Cool Old Lady: Great Mother Geyah
- Aegwynn though she is technically immortal.
- Genre Savvy: Aegwynn oh so very much
Aegwynn (sarcastically referring to Kale): "And here I thought elves only thought of sunshine and flowers"
- Lady of War: Jaina, shown both in Warcraft canon and Diplomacy fanon.
- Magical Girl: Jaina.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Though he has done nothing about it thus far Kael says it best with:
Kael: Do as you wish, miss Proudmoore, but know that he will see you in my arms before he dies!
- One of the Lich King's probable reasons for attacking.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!:Tandred tries and is denied by both his sister and Thrall.
- Overprotective Brother: Poor Tandred.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage:The whole premise.
- Considering it is a marriage arranged by the pairing themselves, it had better be.
- Rape as Backstory: By mutual agreement, Tandred and Thrall portray Jaina's previous affair with Arthas as this to stir up outrage against the Lich King.
- Stalker with a Crush: Kael'thas. Just as creepily interested in Jaina as he was in the novel only now he has Nightmare Fuel from working with the legion on his side.
- Wham Episode:Chapter 13 cranks the action Up to Eleven.
- Yandere: The Lich King's reaction to the happy union has more then a hint of this. To put it in Sylvanas's words:
"Good," the Banshee Queen said, an edge of smug hatred in her voice even though her face remained impassive. "If he can still be petty, then he still has weaknesses that can prove fatal to him".
- Kael also has a few hints. The "brutish embrace" remark borders on racial slur and his reaction when he learns what was really going on...