Fanfic / Digimon Rewrite
''"This is a very Deconstructive story."
"Digimon Rewrite" is a Digimon Fan Fic
written by a Brother-Sister Team
. The story's goal is mostly just one thing: Deconstruct as many themes that Digimon has as it can.
The story has Loads and Loads of Characters
, and is basically about Digimon Hunters that destroy Digital Fields before innocent humans wander into them and are murdered. You become one of these hunters by contracting with ''The'' ''Contractor''
(It's always in Italics. Even when written as "Ol' Tractor" or something else.
) When you contract, you're given a bit of info on how Hunting works, a wish, a power and a D-Arms. If you're savvy enough to work with the information given, you'll end up like Chase
, but bad people can hunt too, like Kaoru
, though if you've been dosing up on the Digimon Adventure
, then you'll end up like poor One-Scene Wonder
You can read it here: http://digimon-rewrite.serveblog.net
or here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7624406/1/Digimon-Rewrite
Forum thread here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=128277&st=0#entry5737366
Not to be confused with: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/DigimonRewriteEpisodes
, though that was created by one of the authors (Celestial07).
- Abnormal Ammo: Kaoru's D-Arms can be refilled by him destroying things in a Digital Field.
- Acid-Trip Dimension: Abstract Digital Fields.
- Adaptive Ability: Server Digimon seem capable of this.
- Adult Fear: Invoked in Episode Three when Kaoru hears a broadcast of Michihiko's parents, desperate to find their son... But their son's long dead.
- Affably Evil: The Contractor.
- All Deaths Final: Yup.
- Except whatever the thing that revived David was.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Alison loves Deep, who is grieving over a past loss, who it seems was also a Penultima Kilo.
- All There in the Manual: The Dragon Cave Forum Thread has a lot of background info, and so does the actual site.
- Alien Geometries: 'Abstract Digital Fields' - Digital Fields that break the laws of physics, and extend beyond the perimiter of the building it manifested in. Not even Chase knows what causes this.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Kaoru's sister, Reiko seems to simply love him a lot but he doesn't give a damn.
- Anyone Can Die: Well, there was a death in the first episode, several in the eigth and David dies (temporarily) in the nineteenth.
- Ascended Fanboy: Alison for sure, but many Penultima Kilo were Digimon fans prior to Contracting.
- The Atoner: Deep appers to be like this, but why has not been disclosed as of yet.
- Chase is revealed as this in Episode 19.
- Apocalypse How: The The Contractor's New Year Prophecy
- Awesome, but Impractical: Since the Digimon's base form gets stronger with age, for a really experiencned Penultime Kilo whose Digimon half is a Rookie, Battle Digivolution is this, as it's just a new form and flashier techniques for the cost of Ten DigiMemories.
- Awful Truth: Incredibly likely.
- Ax-Crazy: Whatever that thing was that reanimated David's body during the fight with Kaoru. Not that Kaoru himself isn't just as bad, however.
- Badass: The Veteran Hunters: David, Chase, Deep and Kaoru. San Chikara too, as of Episode 17.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Possibly, considering each Hunter gets a wish...
- And WordOfGod is that the little seen Complementary Powers are derived from these wishes, and can range from Chase's control of fauna, to David's apparently changed personality. He wished "to be a Hero.
- Because Destiny Says So: The Contractor has given out two prophecies thus far.
- Being Good Sucks: Kaoru thinks so.
- Deep appears to share this observation.
- Berserk Button: The usually kind-of mellow Deep goes a little berserk whenever anyone mentions his backstory.
- David was ruthless against Devimon in Episode 08 when he showed up at his college. Not to mention what happens next...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Chase has shown prowess in battle, and it seems that he's pretty friendly.
- David is possibly the most truely kind character thus far, not counting Zhane and Kyle, and then comes Episode 08...
- Big Damn Heroes: Chase's done this twice now, bailing out Hikari and Zhane with David and Deep, and saving Hikari from Kaoru.
- San Chikara do this in 017.
- Birds of a Feather: The reason David, Zhane, Chase, Hikari, Alison, Deep and Kyle work together.
- Bland-Name Product: Completely averted.
- Blatant Lies: The Contractor may, or may not be doing this.
- Bilingual Bonus: Hikari slips into Japanese when she is afraid.
- Blessed with Suck: Appears so.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Kaoru, David, Chase. Not that they've fought on the same side thius far...
- San Chikara has Melody (a Blonde) and Robin (a Brunette), but Darkai throws it off by having jet-black hair. He has red eyes however...
- Blonde Guys Are Evil: Kaoru's blonde and he is at least antagonistic. He shot an innocent, if arrogant, person in the first episode!
- Blood Knight: Kaoru.
- Blue and Orange Morality: The Contractor and most of the main Digimon. The longer they've been partnered with humans (Coronamon, Apemon, Sorcerermon, Tsukaimon, Myotismon), the more "human" their personalities/outlooks.
- Body Horror: David in Episode 19.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Leomon, Eliot Takashi's partner.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: David and Zhane act like this.
- Bread and Circuses: Everyone hates The Contractor, yet no one stands up to him out of need for what little normality they have left.
- Break the Cutie: Promised with this being a Deconstruction.
- Happenning already with Alison.
- Break the Haughty: Kaoru, in Episode 019
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The Next times are this.
- Breather Episode: Episode 13.
- Bright Is Not Good: The Contractor's Digital Field is very bright and overal very judeo-christian ion its apparent design. He is also treated by veteren hunters as if he were as bad as Kyubey or Gendo
- Brick Joke: Zhane's Flat, and it's ever growing number of occupants.
- Brother-Sister Team: The Authors are this, though Word Of God has stated that a Penuluima Kilo team like this would likely be hazardous for hunting.
- Calling Your Attacks: Played Straight AND Averted simultaniously.
- Can't Catch Up: Zhane and Hikari get Champion Level... only for David, Kyle, Chase and Deep to start using Ultimate Level.
- Cast from Lifespan: DigiMemories keep Penultima Kilo alive, and yet they are needed for Battle- and Empathy Digivolution.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Episode 14
- Cheerful Child: Tsukaimon acts like this, emphasis on acts.
- The Chessmaster: The Contractor.
- Combat Pragmatist: Everyone. Everyone
- Combat Tentacles: Lillymon and everything else in her field.
- Comic Books Are Real: What do you think?
- Cool Gun: Crossed with Revolvers Are Just Better in the case of Kaoru
- Cosmic Horror Story: Perhaps. Word Of God has stated that Eva, Lain and Madoka were big influences.
- Crapsack World: ayeup.
- Cyberspace: Normal Digital Fields.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Most everyone; only Alison, Zhane and maybe David don't seem to have that, and Alison is already being broken.
- Deconstructor Fleet: For not only Digimon tropes, but a whole bunch of others as a whole.
- Specifically Shounen it seems.
- Even Seinen a little, too.
- Deal with the Devil: Hunting may or may not have darker connotations.
- Death by Origin Story: That one guy from Chase's flashback
- Design Student's Orgasm: A textual example.
- Bonus points for the fact that Millennium07 IS a design student. Or an art student at the very least.
- Missing Mom / Disappeared Dad: Hikari seems to have a problem with her parents and she lives with her uncle.
- Downer Begining: The updated version of Episode 001 is even called The Bad Begining
- Dysfunction Junction: Yep.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: David and Hikari, though Hikari's hair is black.
- The Contractor too.
- ... aaaaand, Robin and Darkai of San Chikara, and Charlotte, as seen in Episode 017
- Not to mention Kaoru, WordOfGod is that his hair is dyed.
- Emotion Eater: All Digimon not partnered to a human will feed by harbvesting a human's brainwaves.
- Emotionless Girl: Hikari seems to be trying to put this face on as of Episode 06.
- Emotions vs. Stoicism: Kaoru, who acts without regard to others, is one of the most widely-known Penultima Kilo in the world. Compare to Deep, whose emotions do hold him back according to Sorcerormon.
- Genki Girl: Alison.
- Handicapped Badass: As of Episode 05, Kaoru and David are this due to them both being badly wounded by the other but fighting on even so.
- That was only briefly though - The Contractor suits this better, with him being (or, at least appearing) blind.
- Insistent Terminology: The chapters are called "Episodes" as a rule, though one of the authors and some readers reffer to them as "Chaptisodes"
- I Work Alone: Hunters that work solo are this, but Kaoru goes as far as to shoot another bloke in his territory.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Kaoru may or may not be this. Deep could also be considered this, due to the way he acts to Alison.
- Sorcerermon too could be considered this. Or just heavily Tsundere; Dere (and only sometimes) to Deep and Tsun to everyone else that he's been seen with. He also talks bad about Chase.
- Lonely Rich Kid: Deep is apparently rich and is extremely lonely for reasons were don't really know yet.
- Eliot appears to count, too.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: David, who's been seen onscreen flirting with one person; phone girl from episode 05.
- Meaningful Name: Sorcerermon's partner is Deep, who can control water.
- The Contractor, obviously
- 'Penultima Kilo' might mean something too.
- Mind Screw: See Cosmic Horror Story at the top of the page
- Name's the Same: As the other Digimon Rewrite up there. Although it was created by one of the authors, it was the other author who created this Digimon Rewrite, and both were created completely independantly.
- One of Us: Millennium07 compared this page to winning an oscar, and links back here occasionaly.
- The Plan: The Contractor has some goal in mind and whatever it needs regular adjustment.
- Eliot's plan for getting Kaoru to the gathering.
- Schedule Slip: No new episodes have been released since Episode 10 in late January, with the reason being one of the authors was on holiday.
- They came back... then vanished again. They're back now, though for how long is anyone's guess.
- ... And now they've restarted with a better quality a la Rebuild of Evangelion
- Up to Eleven: Even more Deconstructive than Digimon Tamers.