Death Verdict shows examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Pretty obvious if you know the book that inspired it.
- The Chessmaster: The murderer.
- Improvised Weapon
- Locked Lodge Mystery
- Meaningful Name: Albert Norman and Angela Nellie O'Neemos. Or, better, anonymous.
- The Perfect Crime
- Ten Little Murder Victims
- Blue Oni to Larry's Red Oni
- Deadpan Snarker
- Green-Eyed Monster: The motivation behind the murder he's accused of.
- Neat Freak: He's quite fussy about order and cleanliness, though not on a Super OCD level.
- The Smart Guy
- Asshole Victim
- Fatal Flaw: His allergy.
- Jerk Ass
- Kick The Cat
- Lack of Empathy: Some guests show some sociopathic traits, but Nathan is a textbook example.
- Plot Allergy: To peanuts. The murderer takes advantage of this by putting peanut oil in the scotch he's going to drink.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: He finds violence against animals funny. See below.
- The Sociopath
- Giftedly Bad: He considers himself a great philosopher and literate, but his work is described as "ideological rubbish".
- Small Name, Big Ego: Probably the biggest example in the group.
- Wicked Cultured
- Blondes Are Evil: Seems to be subverted in the first part of the fic, but then it is played straight once it becomes clear that she actually caused her father's death.
- Break the Cutie: And how.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. She was known as a good student and proves to be very smart.
- Shout-Out: To Phyllis Dietrichson from Double Indemnity.