Fanfic: Death Verdict
Death Verdict is a fanfiction written by Belfagor and currently hosted by Fanfiction Net. You can find it here. It is based on And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.
Death Verdict shows examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Pretty obvious if you know the book that inspired it.
- The Chessmaster: The murderer.
- Improvised Weapon
- Locked Lodge Mystery
- Meaningful Name: Albert Norman and Angela Nellie O'Neemos. Or, better, anonymous.
- The Perfect Crime
- Ten Little Murder Victims
- Blue Oni to Larry's Red Oni
- Deadpan Snarker
- Green-Eyed Monster: The motivation behind the murder he's accused of.
- Neat Freak: He's quite fussy about order and cleanliness, though not on a Super OCD level.
- The Smart Guy
- Asshole Victim
- Fatal Flaw: His allergy.
- Jerk Ass
- Kick The Cat
- Lack of Empathy: Some guests show some sociopathic traits, but Nathan is a textbook example.
- Plot Allergy: To peanuts. The murderer takes advantage of this by putting peanut oil in the scotch he's going to drink.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: He finds violence against animals funny. See below.
- The Sociopath
- Giftedly Bad: He considers himself a great philosopher and literate, but his work is described as "ideological rubbish".
- Small Name, Big Ego: Probably the biggest example in the group.
- Wicked Cultured
- Blondes Are Evil: Seems to be subverted in the first part of the fic, but then it is played straight once it becomes clear that she actually caused her father's death.
- Break the Cutie: And how.
- Dumb Blonde: Subverted. She was known as a good student and proves to be very smart.
- Shout-Out: To Phyllis Dietrichson from Double Indemnity.