Fanfic: Dark Contagion
Dark Contagion is a horror fan fiction centered around the game Team Fortress 2. When the Administrator hires several skilled but inexperienced mercenaries, she decides to send them to Teufort for training.The newcomers adapt very well and show excellent promise, but not all is as it should be. A series of strange, dangerous and downright frightening events threaten the very lives of both teams.
This fanfiction contains examples of:
- Body Horror Katja's flashbacks and recollections of Dachau concentration camp.
- Cat Fight: Subverted in that while Katja and Leah fight, it's a melee weapon fight involving blood and broken bones.
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: Katja enjoys snubbing the RED Spy as much as possible with jeers about the French in both World Wars.Katja: Zhey let Frenchmen into a var zone? Vat can you do, help us surrender? Cry? Blame the BLU team for your loss and plunge zhem into a recession?
- Creepy Souvenir: The BLU Spy's head is kept in a fridge, just like in canon. Katja does not seem too freaked out by it.
- Fake Twin Gambit
- French Jerk: The spy, Damien, is a jerk in canon, and is certainly played as such.
- Heroic BSOD
- In My Language That Sounds Like: The Scout attempts to speak German to newcomer Katja. She never explains this mistake to him.Katja: Gute Nacht, Nathan!Nathan: Uh, yeah! Gute Nackt!Katja: Uh..Ja..*giggles*Medic: Do not be immature.
- 'Nacht' is 'night', while 'Nackt' with a hard 'k', is actually the word for 'naked'.
- Noodle Incident: In the 3rd Chapter, they come back from a bar that the Demoman apparently trashed..
- No Periods, Period: Averted very quickly when Nathan, being denied shotgun seat by Katja, asks if she is 'on the rag', to which she quickly denies.
- Nothing Is Scarier
- Paranoia Fuel
- Primal Fear
- Security Cling Done sometimes in the later chapters, usually with roles reversed. (I.E, Katja's younger brother clings to her, despite the fact that he's outgrown her.)
- Troubled Backstory Flashback
- Twin Switch
- Wide Eyesand Shrunken Irises Subverted. Any time this is described, the pipils shrink