TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fanfic: Conquest Quest
is a Worm
crossover Quest currently running on Spacebattles
. It is the story of Taylor Hebert acquiring a Twilight Caste Solar Exaltation at the beginning of her caped career. She then learns to live with this world-changing power, and will eventually work her way to saving the world-even if she has to Conquer it first!
Run by Sojiko
, former Exalted luminary, it features multiple house-rules and custom charms from them. It has, at the time of writing, six discussion threads, and a story only thread. The link at the top of the page goes to thread 7, the rest can be found here: Thread One
, Thread Two
, Thread Three
, Thread Four
, Thread Five
, Thread Six
and Story Only
This fanfiction provides examples of:
- Anti-Villain: Taylor seems to be heading this way, deciding to become a criminal while still striving to make the city better and eventually save the world.
- Apocalypse How: Creation has apparently undergone a Class 3 by the beginning of the story. How remains unanswered.
- Berserk Button: Doing stuff that reminds her of the bullying she experienced is a big one for Taylor. Fortunately, she's pretty good at restraining herself when necessary, or using only as much force as necessary. Unfortunately, doing so leads to Limit Break.
- Beyond the Impossible: One of the below advisors managed to physically draw some sketches on paper, despite not having a body. The other one is baffled at how she could have done this.
- Chick Magnet/Dude Magnet: One of the benefits of high Appearance and Solar Exaltation.
- Curbstomp Battle.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Taylor's learned how to properly utilize and enhance her looks, as well as being considerably more charismatic. Tattletale and Panacea both seem to have noticed.
- Everyone Is Bi: Lampshaded. Reya wasn't even aware sexual orientations existed until they were pointed out.
- Hearing Voices: What the below Guides normally act as.
- Instant Expert: As an Exalted, she can become an expert at many skills nigh-instantly, and learn anything else at a vastly accelerated rate.
- Jerk Ass: Due to a glitch in her programming, Reya the First Age Solar Queen Guide can only show the living one's negative qualities when trying to help Taylor. She's actually very competent and wise, but that doesn't mean she isn't annoying.
- Kangaroo Court: Canary's trial, where it's revealed that her lawyer is corrupt, the prosecution is biased, and the Judge uncaring. Her original lawyer was replaced, the media is being censored, and the District Attorney is on the take. Taylor is distinctly unamused.
- Little Miss Badass: Ladybug, Taylor's familiar, who has the appearance and mindset of an adorable little girl, but enough power and skill to kick parahuman ass.
- Magical Guide: Instead of a normal Anima and a few fragments of her past lives memories, Taylor receives two of these, in the form of a First Age Solar Queen, and Taylors Second Age predecessor.
- Megaton Punch: Lung is the victim of this at the hands of the one of the above advisors.
- Oh, Crap: When it starts looking like Firefly is a Dynakinetic who bypasses the Manton Effect, the Wards are not exactly reassured.
- After Taylor is a little too calm in hinting what her plans are to Lisa, the latter's Sherlock Scan abilities show she's not a parahuman. Seeing as how Lisa does not know a Solar Exalt is human, she leaps to the apparent conclusion and understandably panics until Taylor gives her some room to breathe (and show that she is not planning to eat her).
- Outside-Context Villain: Nothing in Earth Bet is really prepared for a Solar Exalted. Of course, the extent of the "villain" part remains to be seen.
- Physical God: The Unconquered Sun, who makes an appearance during Taylor's Exaltation.
- Renaissance Man: Taylor, yet again, thanks to the Exaltation.
- Shout-Out: The company bribing Canary's lawyer? Sionis Industries.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Taylor, resulting in a boost to her confidence and self-esteem.
- Sherlock Scan: Tattletale already has a superpowered version of this in canon. Taylor demonstrates her own version, via the Investigation Excellency power.
- Shipper on Deck: After getting a sense of Lisa, Reya immediately (and loudly) starts pressuring Taylor to take her as a wife, seeing as how her Sherlock Scan is really useful.
- Supernatural Martial Arts: Taylor practices Fist of the Daystar style.
- Power of Trust: Taylor, despite all her issues* puts her trust and life in Tattletales hands.
- Transparent Closet: It's becoming increasingly obvious to the readers and some of the other characters that Taylor is at least moderately bisexual, but she's firmly convinced she's straight.
- Tranquil Fury: Her Limit Break, "Efficient Devastator Drive". As Bakuda and the ABB can attest to.
- Winds of Destiny, Change: Spending Essence causes a world-wide disruption in precognition, as its usage cannot be accounted for in the local causality engine. This has attracted the attention of something.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Taylor's a Solar Exalted. Limit Breaks mean that she's doomed to go nuts every now and then.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Taylor to Amy, either subconsciously or deliberately. Amy, notable for her self-loathing, seems confused by how much Taylor, a supervillain, trusts Amy - a member of the New Wave superhero family - not to pull an ambush on her. Taylor replies that she trusts Amy because she's a hero and too good a person to do something like that.
- Your Magic's No Good Here: Subverted. As a Solar Exalted, she follows Creations laws, and can enforce those same laws on reality.