This fic provides examples of:
- The Abridged Series: A rare fanfic approach.
- Animated Actors: Calvin and Hobbes themselves.
- Blah Blah Blah: Used a lot by the narrator.
- Epunymous Title: Things start getting real in "Lights, Camera, Traction!" - there's a camera and traction.
- Lemony Narrator: The narrator, who is not a good person in any way.
- Painting the Medium: The in-story narrator is in italics, to prevent confusion with the actual narrator.
- In Chapter 2, when Calvin gets out of the fic and forces the narrator into it, the words get jumbled.
- Rage Against the Author: Again, a driving force behind the plot.
- Rouge Angles of Satin:Hobbes: Really? So what's with all the spelling errors and typos?
Wat the heck are you taking about? I sure as heck dont see any here!/ oh eait. darn it.
- Real World Episode: The end of Chapter 2 sees Calvin marching into the author's bedroom and promptly inverting the trope by forcing the author in the fic itself.
- Script Fic: The duo aren't happy with this styling.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Stated by name and inverted with Calvin.
- Played straight with the narrator.