made by x-X-The D'Arch Angel-X-x, and a three-way crossover between Tangled
, and How to Train your Dragon
The day before Hiccup's final dragon training test, Astrid never finds him in the woods. He suits up, packs up, and heads for the sky. Across the ocean, Princess Merida runs away, wishing for anything in the world to change her fate. A hop, a skip, and a boat ride away, Rapunzel with her magic hair just can't wait to be finally free.
There are about 12 chapters as of yet, and it is still ongoing.
This fanfiction series contains examples of:
- Crossover Ship: Hiccup/Merida is beginning to come out.
- Fan Art: The author made a cover picture for this story here and a fan made a picture of Matilda of the Macintosh Clan here
- Not the Nose: Flynn cries this out when the he is being held to be punched.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Averted. Flynn asks Hiccup where his girlfriend went, referring to Merida. Hiccup narrowly avoids saying this as Flynn took a tree branch to the face, swung by Merida. (Makes sense in context)
- The Fair Folk:
- The Wisps. They're also said to have the power to change fate.
- The Wisps lead Merida to Hiccup and Toothless and they appear before Rapunzel in the first chapter, and they also lead Hiccup, Merida, and Flynn to Rapunzel tower.
- The Runaway: Hiccup and Merida are running away from parents. Rapunzel to see the lanterns.
- The Stations of the Canon: Hits almost all for Rapunzel so far. Averted for Merida, who it seems never wishes her mother into a bear.