Fan Fic: Bleach Happy To Serve You
"We Keep Service Abreast!"
"Welcome to Boobies!"
The Soul Society’s Women Association has found itself in heavy debt. In order to pay it off, Kisuke Urahara hires them at his newly opened “family restaurant” in Karakura Town. Misadventures, hijinks, and Hilarity Ensues
.''Bleach: Happy To Serve You'',
based on the manga and anime franchise Bleach
, is a comedic, Ecchi
, Alternative Universe fan comic on DeviantArt
written by HardcoreHunter
and drawn by Gairon,
which has been running since Fall 2011 and is on-going. The pages are uploaded to Gairon's account. Much of the comic can be considered NSFW. If she’s female and from the Bleach universe, expect her to show up. Unless she's a Fullbring or a Quincy.
The first page can be found here.
This page Needs Wiki Magic Love
This fan comic provides examples of:
- A Nazi by Any Other Name: Ichigo, in one of the omake pages, notices his mom has a familiar looking cross in a family photo. Isshin, to keep the truth that she was a Quincy from him, tells him that his mother's family were Nazis.
- Accidental Pervert: Ichigo and Toshiro have both gotten into perverted scenarios over the course of the series.
- A-Cup Angst: Both Hiyori and Momo have this. They are both members of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, along with Nanao, Soifon, Rukia, and Kiyone.
- Adorably Precocious Child: Nanao was this as shown by a photo Lisa still carries with her.
- Animation Bump: Some of the comics have animated segments via coded swf files, activated by scrolling over them or clicking on the page.
- Art Evolution: The art has gotten quite better over the years. Compare the first page to one from over two years later.
- Art Shift: The comic has three distinct styles. There is the default style, a chibi style, and a softer, sensual style used for intensely sexy scenes, such as the top right panels here.
- Aside Glance: Senna and Orihime give one after Senna says simply "I got better," as the reason for her recovery.
- Ax-Crazy: Kensei's first idea to stop a tsundere-off between Nel and Hiyori involves a steak knife.
- Balloon Belly Yachiru after eating all the candy that put the Shinigami Woman's Society in debt.
- Behind the Black: Taco Aizen was being built right next door and nobody noticed until the first commercial aired.
- Balanced Harem: Ichigo and Hitsugaya both have a diverse roster of girls around them.
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Similar to Tsukihime, Urahara makes a reference to the infamous "That's all right... A cat is fine, too" doujinshi line after Yoruichi transforms into her cat form.
- Big Breast Pride: Yachiru literally shoves her new, big breasts into Momo's face.
- Big Brother Worship: Harribel of all people has a case of this for Nel! Yuzu feels this way for Ichigo, to the point of burying his victims' corpses in the backyard.
- Big Red Button: Urahara makes a portable one that, when pressed seperates and materializes the Inner Hollows of the Vizored's.
- Bi the Way: Lisa, upon meeting Nanao and not recognizing her, immediately thinks she is from a one-night stand that she's forgotten. Chizuru appears to be as well, seeing how quickly she wanted to 'thank' Ichigo for letting them into Boobies.
- Black Comedy: Nemu's employment as the kitchen's oven, which crosses the line more times than can even be counted.
- Bloody Hilarious: Things do not work out well for Loly when she attacks Nel, giving a Slutshaming rant on her Heel-Face Turn...before Harribel copies Grimmjow and blows her head off with a Cero. Played for Laughs, courtesy of Orihime's Shun-Shun-Rikka.
- Bouncer: The job Zaraki takes at the restaurant. Even though it's not a night club, it's still an important job considering the types of waitresses there...
- Breast Expansion: After seeing Rangiku in a super-tight t-shirt, Momo and Hiyori both imagine themselves with giant chests.
- Canon Foreigner: Nel's teenage form, this comic's version of Samhain, and the Hollow forms of all the Vizards besides Ichigo.
- Characterization Marches On: Surprisingly, Chappy actually spoke in her first appearance, and appeared to be a waitress. Now she only says 'hop' and she is mainly seen acting cute instead of doing work.
- Chick Magnet: Ichigo. Tatsuki, Orihime, Rukia, Nel, and Senna all pine for him.
- Childhood Friend Romance Tatsuki has feelings for Ichigo and thinks she knows him the best out of the girls. Nel also sees Ichigo as her childhood friend since she met him when she was first in her child form.
- Clothing Damage: Kenpachi and Unohana's clothes are very torn up after their 'discussion'.
- Christmas Cake: Unohana even dresses as Mrs. Claus for Halloween. However every girl, excluding humans, could count as this. Even Yachiru may very well be several decades old, despite looking like a mere 10-year old (notwithstanding her teenaged Gigai form in this story).
- Color Failure: Nanao does not do well under the intimidating stature that is a pissed off Zaraki. Ichigo suffers a more comedic example when he first enters Boobies.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Orihime, Mashiro, Nel, Senna, Chappy and Kyu Roku often have their head in the clouds oblivious to the situation.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Yammamoto when he was young in the Halloween chapter was more worried about how cool he looked doing something than how effective he actually was. Only getting serious when his hair was burnt off, which he had styled just for attracting ladies.
- Cosplay: A fair amount of it for the Halloween Episode, including:
- Cross Over: One of the after-chapter specials has a quick crossover with Death Note.
- Cute Mute: Chappy
- Custom Uniform of Sexy: There is a standard Boobies uniform, but some of the girls add their own touches to it. Lisa has several extra straps on hers, and Mashiro wears armbands.
- Death Glare: How Unohana convinces Isane to put on the Boobies uniform.
- Deliberately Cute Child: Invoked by Urahara, adding Bunny Ears and Cute Clumsy Girl traits to Chappy, in order to convince Rukia to work at Boobies.
- Destructo-Nookie: Unohana's discussion with Kenpachi gets rather...heated.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Urahara's attempts at repairing Nemu. The commercial for Taco Aizen deliberately invokes this.
- Dramatic Thunder: Kenpachi's appearance in the comic is punctuated with a bolt of lightning.
- Drawing Straws: How the Vizard decide who has to go get a job. Shinji cheated.
- Ethical Slut: Lisa tends to see erotic works, as forms of art in themselves. She even created a attack where she can channel spiritual energy to all of a persons erogenous zones at once incapacitating them.
- Evil Knockoff/ Beat Them at Their Own Game: Per court order, Aizen unintentionally invokes both these tropes by opening up Taco Aizen across the street from Boobies.
- Facepalm: Kensei gives a small one when Mashiro clearly doesn't understand she just lost a game of Drawing Straws.
- Fan Disservice: Omeada as a customer in a tight-fit tank top. Yumichikia in the female Boobies uniform, to some readers. For Halloween, Nel steals 1st Captain Yama's white robe, and an omake shows that he's apparently too senile to notice it's been altered for a female, which makes for an... awkward meeting when he gets it back.
- Favors for the Sexy: A rare Female-for-Male version. Returning to school after the establishment of Boobies, Ichigo finds a large variety of...gifts, covering his desk. These include strange foods note , boxing gloves note , red roses note , BDSM-related goods note , and rabbit merchandise note .
- Fictional Counterpart: Boobies is a clear knock-off of the popular restaurant chain Hooters, down to the female uniforms, though the colors are inverted (blue shorts and logo, instead of orange), and both titles having duel meanings of a type of bird and slang terms of female mammaries.
- Filler: If you value your life, don't tell Senna that movies are filler.
- Flanderization: For the most part, the cast is in-character, but several act differently. Chappy says nothing but "hop!" and acts more like a cheerful child. Yumichika is a Flamboyant Gay (he wears a female Boobies uniform), and is in no way modest about it. Aizen and Urahara sometimes lose their patience and raise their voice.
- Foreign Exchange Student: Teen Nel, Senna, and Hiyori enroll in Ichigo's class, but of course, they're not coming from a previous school.
- Foreign Fanservice: Nel fills this role for the boys of Ichigo's class.
- Foreshadowing: Taco Aizen can be seen being built several chapters before it actually is introduced properly.
- Funbag Airbag: Toshiro runs right into Rangiku's breasts. Twice. Leads to Marshmallow Hell below.
- Funny Background Event: Several times, such as Rukia often drawing bunnies in the background.
- The two-page spread of the Halloween chapter has many detailed gems, such as Mizuiro putting the charm on Unohana in a sexy Mrs. Claus costume.
- Some of the speech balloons during Hiyori's and Nel's tsundere-off are too small to read in favor of the narrative shifting focus on other characters, but Gairon said he wrote actual dialogue in those too!
- Gainaxing: Orihime's breasts can do this at the viewer's will in one interactive page. It's one of the highest-viewed pages in the series.
- Genki Girl: Senna, Mashiro, and Kyu Roku are very energetic.
- Gender Bender: Kensei is the only Vizard to have a Hollow that isn't his gender. She's very much like Mashiro in appearance.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have: Unohana gives off this vibe as the oldest woman in the cast.
- Grey and Gray Morality: The Halloween chapter has Nel and Rukia argue over the bureaucracy of the Soul Society, and the fact that hollows need to eat human souls to regain their humanity.
- Halloween Episode: Chapter 6, which includes a story detailing a young Yamamoto's battle against the First Vasto Lorde. Which turns out to be the origin of Halloween. ... and least according to soul Society residents and Hollows.
- Historical Badass Upgrade The pagan god Samhain is personified as a Hollow.
- Imagine Spot
- Tatsuki imagines saving Ichigo from a thug
- Senna imagining (Not Happily) herself, Tatsuki, Orihime, Rukia, and all three versions of Nel as Ichigo's Harem. Complete with Bedlah Babe outfits.
- Yumichika imagines Squad 11 and Squad 4 as a family.
- Momo and Hiyori imagine themselves with bigger breasts.
- Lisa proposing her, Hiyori and Mashiro working as hookers, with Kensei as their pimp.
- Gin overhears Lilynette saying that her and Starrk are basically the same person...while trying to set him up with a more mature Arrancar.
- Heavy Sleeper: Yoruichi often takes naps around boobies in her cat form. He favorite spot is inside the claw machine on the soft stuffed toys.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: After Chizuru steals the bras from her friends, Orihime spends the rest of that whole classroom scene with her cleavage exposed and doesn't seem to notice/care. Also counts for the other innocent females in the comic.
- Interquel: Takes places sometime after the Deicide Arc (where Aizen is finally defeated), and before the Lost Substitute Soul Reaper Arc (because the main characters have yet to meet the Fullbringers).
- I Was Quite a Looker: Head Captain Yamamoto, who looked rather like Ukitake.
- Lethal Chef: Orihime often tries to feed people food she likes. It doesn't end well.
- Lampshade Hanging: To many, many points from the original manga. At one point, Ichigo rants on his controversial role of cleaning up all the others' messes.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Fairly often, usually when hanging a lampshade on something; like Senna's revival, or Yumichika's sexuality.
- Luminescent Blush: When meeting Orihime again, Ulquiorra of all people.
- Mama Bear: Nemu does not take what Renji does with her "child" well.
- Marshmallow Hell: Rangiku gives Orihime a heavy dose of this when Orihime joins the restaurant. Toshiro later gets trapped between her breasts and her shirt and tries to get out by twisting her nipples. She seems quite pleased with his methods.
- Missing Steps Plan: Part of Urahara's business model.
- Meaningful Name: HardcoreHunter didn't just give random names to the seven original Vizard Hollows. All of them are either Japanese words that mean something having to do with the character in English, or are opposites of the name of the Vizard they're from.
- Mistaken for Racist: When Senna, Nel and Hiyori enroll at Karakura High, Keigo makes the mistake of asking Chad if he knew where Nel was from.
Keigo: Wow! A cute foreigner! Hey Chad, do you know the area this girl is from?
Chad: Why are you asking me?
Keigo: Well you know it sounds like it's from Mexico and well umm...
Chad: Oh so you think I'd know exactly where it is...
Keigo: No I...didn't mean it like that! Just forget I said anything...
- Mrs. Robinson: Unohana didn't seem opposed to teaching Ichigo how to pleasure a woman, but he was too naive to pick up the hint.
- Ms. Fanservice: Nearly all the good-looking characters from the original manga, and taken up several notches.
- Nipple and Dimed: A few nipples have been seen over the series. The first notable example was Yoruichi.
- Nosebleed: Lisa has a minor one when a scene gets too cute for her to handle.
- Soifon passes out from one after seeing Yoruichi naked.
- Chizuru gets a small one when she's introduced to Nel for the first time.
- Then she and Keigo both have epic, simultaneous nosebleeds upon first entering Boobies.
- A notably funny one occurs when Ikkaku first sees Yachiru's new gigai. He wipes it off quickly when her first words to him in this state are just as mocking as usual.
- Noodle Incident: The Karakura Riser Arc is this to Tatsuki and Keigo.
- Not So Above It All: Soifon joins the other members of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee in branding Yachiru a traitor.
- Not What It Looks Like: Urahara was merely stuffing Nemu's oven. With a sandwich. He actually retrofit her body with a working oven.
- Ichigo. Nel. Closet. Glue. That is all.
- Only Sane Woman: For the Soul Reapers, it's often Isane. For the humans, it tends to be Tatsuki.
- Otaku: Hate is an extremely stereotypical example, Played for Laughs, at Love's expense since Hate is his Inner Hollow.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Besides the fact that most characters in Bleach are ghosts anyway, there's Gin. Who may or may not be a figment of Aizen's imagination. The Ghostly Chill he gives off that soaks anyone who passes through him would hint at the latter.
- Petite Pride: The Itty Bitty Titty Committee. Doubles as a support group for A-Cup Angst.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Chappy is an expert at these, and uses them to draw with markers instead of crayons.
- Punny Name: The Vizored's Inner Hollows all have a name that plays off their host's.
- Raging Stiffie: Ichigo winds up with one after helping Nel glue her mask in the closet. Then Tatsuki winds up combining Wrestler in All of Us with Suggestive Collision...
- Remember the New Guy: Hanataro has apparently been working in the restaurant for a while, but isn't seen until Ikkaku nonchalantly knocks him over.
- Running Gag: Tatsuki's bra straps keep falling down.
- She's All Grown Up: Yachiru, of all people, in her new gigai.
- Shoulder Teammate: Upon first seeing each other Kenpachi gives Starrk a thumbs up for knowing the importance of having a Shoulder Loli.
- Shout-Out: The staff at the Halloween party dresses up as popular characters from various franchises, along with the usual Halloween monster.
- Slasher Smile: Kenpachi sports a terrifying one at the prospect of getting a fight out of Ichigo.
- Sneeze Cut: Mayuri gets one after Urahara claims Nemu is working for him now.
- Something Completely Different: The expository page for the "Hollow's Eve" origin flashback features no known characters, no familiar settings, no fanservice, Rukia's off-screen narration as its only form of dialogue, and is overall dark, creepy and humorless.
- The comedy is the focus of this comic and action rarely appears, but when it does, it's an effective imitation of that from the original manga.
- Strip Poker: Two of the new Hollows, Express Kuro and Desdemona, do this in one of the pin-ups. ..... they're losing.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "What? No I named it after my favorite bird." Uh-huh. Sure ya did.
- Team Mom: Unohana. Yumichika not only has an Imagine Spot where she mothers his squad and Squad 4, but Kenpachi almost refers to her as Ikkaku's mother.
- There Was a Door: Kenpachi punches through Urahara's door despite it being unlocked.
- Token Mini-Moe: Moeyori, Hiyori's Inner Hollow. Her very existence infuriates her Host.
- Tsundere: Tatsuki comes off as a mild type A.
- Hiyori is a much much harsher example.
- Nel's teenage form also comes across as this.
- The latter two even end up starting a feedback loop between each other lasting several pages.
- Unexplained Recovery: No reason is given for how Senna came back from the dead. Nobody even thinks to mention Ulquiorra turning to dust. Nor Cirucci's return either. Or Starrk and Lilynette's.
- Unwanted Harem: Ichigo seems to see the girls as friends, and is oblivious towards their feelings for him.
- Updated Re-release: Each chapter is compiled after its completion into a single PDF, usually fixing minor errors that were noticed after the initial release.
- Wingding Eyes: Chizuru gets heart eyes at one point.
- Why Do You Keep Changing Jobs?: Urahara, who opens Boobies as part of some poorly conceived larger scheme to get rich.
- Yandere: Momo goes a little dark when she sees Aizen. Yuzu seems this way when she sees attractive girls around her brother Ichigo.
"Come Back Soon!"