Fanfic: Battlestar Prometheus
is a reimagining of Battlestar Galactica
series with the extra twist of adapting characters from X-Men
into it as the main characters.
Unlike the show, the ship was named the Battlestar Prometheus
instead of Galactica
This Fanfic Includes the Following Tropes
- Absent-Minded Professor: Dr. Edward Kelly may qualify.
- Apocalypse How
- Arc Words: "You have to find the Hybrid" is implied to be one.
- Artificial Gravity
- Artificial Human: The Cylons.
- Back Story
- The Battlestar: Obviously since it is a reimagining of the Trope Maker and Trope Codifier.
- Big Bad: The Cylons.
- Big Damn Gunship: The Prometheus.
- Bittersweet Ending: As in the original, the Human-Cylon war ends after massive destruction and bloodshed.
- Break Out the Museum Piece: The Prometheus was being converted into a Museum Ship before the Cylon attack.
- Broken Ace: Alicia "Renegade" Minerva, a top nptch pilot who has issues with her mother resulting from her absence driving away her father.
- Character Development
- Colonel Badass: Logan Howlette.
- Communications Officer: Jean Grey.
- Crossover: Between Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined) and X-Men: Evolution.
- Cyborg: The Cylons.
- Darker and Edgier: Compared to the original at least.
- Depopulation Bomb: The beginning.
- Driving Question: On top of those from reimagined: Who is the Hybrid?
- The End of the World as We Know It
- Expy: Lots of them, to characters from both sources, these are the most prominent.
- Anna Marie Minerva: For William Adama and Rogue.
- Alicia Minerva: A mix of Kara "Starbuck" Thrace and Lee "Apollo" Adama.
- Charles Xavier: For Charles Xavier and Laura Roslin.
- Dr. Edward Kelly: Senator Kelly and Gaius Baltar.
- Unit Zeta: The Sixes and Emma Frost.
- Jubilee: Jubilee and Boomer.
- Cannonball: Cannonball and Helo.
- The Cylons: Not only to their counterparts, but also to the Sentinels in X-Men.
- Fantastic Racism: How it all began with the Mutant War.
- Subverted because Humans and Mutants for the most part do not show this to each other.
- Gender Flip: Anna Marie Minerva and Charles Xavier are expys of characters who are the opposite gender (the Galactica Expys at least).
- Great Offscreen War: Two examples:
- The Mutant War: Where the Cylons were first used for Combat, a war fought between Humans and Mutants up until the Cylon Rebellion.
- The Cylon War: Began after the Mutant War ended with a treaty, ended with an armistice.
- Grow Beyond Their Programming: The Original Cylons.
- Half-Human Hybrid: The unnamed character called The Hybrid is suggested to be this.
- Homeworld Evacuation: Somewhat inverted with the 12 colonies.
- Human Aliens: The Colonials.
- Iron Lady: Anna Marie Minerva.
- It's All My Fault: Kelly after realizing he allowed the Zeta to get access to secure systems.
- Kinetic Weapons Are Just Better: Shares this with reimagined.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Meaningful Name: Done in the tradition of the series.
- Minerva, the Roman name for Athena who is the patron Goddess of Libran, Anna Marie's Home Planet.
- Prometheus, the titan who brought fire to man, also a metaphor for people that play god.
- Mechanical Evolution: The Cylons, they may even have Mutants like Humans.
- Mile-Long Ship: The Prometheus.
- Ms. Fanservice: Zeta.
- The Neutral Zone: The Armistice Line.
- Not So Different: Humans and Mutants realize this during the Cylon War.
- Omnicidal Maniac: The Cylons.
- Prequel: Word of God says this may be one for her fanfics.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits
- Ridiculously Human Robots: The Human Cylons.
- Robot War
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right
- Anna Marie Minerva makes one to Frankenstein by saying the Modern Prometheus.
- Admiral Abernathy and 20 Questions are both this to G.I. Joe.
- The Battlestar Hawkeye to, well, Hawkeye.
- Space Fighter
- Throwing Out The Script: Marie does this like her counterpart Adama.
- Vehicle Title
- We Used to Be Friends: Marie and Xavier, this ended when Marie joined the Colonial Fleet.