Fanfic: Battle Of The Sheps
There are a lot of Shepard/Shepherd/Sheppards in fiction. There are a lot of Shepard/Shepherd/Sheppards featured prominently
in fiction. Inspired by a Spacebattles thread
, Battle of The Sheps considers what happens when you throw them all into a modern New York City with a wad of cash and mysterious orders to kill each other.
Specifically, there are five Shepards/Shepherd/Sheppards
. In no particular order, they are Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard
, Commander Jane Shepard
, Director Jenny Shepard
, General Shepherd
and last but certainly not least, Corporal Adrian Shephard
The story opens with several unlikely occurrences causing near-death rips in the space-time continuum, giving the mysterious ROB a chance to pluck the Sheps from their realities.
After that, several of the Sheps attempt to kill each other and get in trouble with the law. The story is currently in progress.
Battle of The Sheps can be viewed only on Spacebattles
, in this thread
Examples of tropes in this fanfic:
- Chandler's Law: General Shepherd and Corporal Shephard attacking
- Doomed by Canon: NCIS Director Shepard and her brain tumour.
- Drives Like Crazy: Commander Shepard. Speeds, can barely control the vehicle, and drove in the wrong lane over a bridge once. Partially justified since she's from the future... well, a future, anyway.
- Geek: Mark. Also a Playful Hacker
- MacGuffin: Basically the whole premise is this.
- Not with the Safety on, You Won't: Commander Shepard and a 20/21st century pistol. She figured it out fairly quickly- guns can't be that different in the future.
- Police Are Useless: Let's see, how many instances of this?
- Letting Commander Shepard take an officer's gun. Then allowing her to leave with a hostage.
- Failing to secure the perimeter of a crime scene not one but two times. So far.
- Super Soldier: Argubly Commander Shepard.
- Would Hit a Girl: General Shepherd attempting to beat up Commander Shepard.