Fan Fic / Amenaza
is a Naruto
Crossover Fan Fic
by Alban 55
. It stands at 66 chapters and has been completed.
It begins with Naruto's death and then goes From Bad to Worse
To elaborate, Naruto dies from Chakra exhaustion during his battle with Pain. After watching his body be used for experimentation and his friends doing nothing to stop it, he finally loses himself to his hatred and anger and becomes a Hollow.
Unlike many of the other crossovers of these two settings, this story does not follow the usual outline of "Naruto dies in an epic battle, becomes a Shinigami/Hollow, and still saves the day as the Hero.". Rather here it has him go down a steady descent, turning from the All-Loving Hero
to a horrifically depraved villain.
Amenaza contains examples of:
- A God Am I : Aizen, just like in canon. Unlike in canon, forcing evolution with the Hogyoku really doesn't work out
- Adaptational Villainy : Let's just say Naruto here is not the All-Loving Hero and Child of Destiny as he is in the manga.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing : After his transformation to a Hollow, Naruto takes the shape of a fox, surprisingly. It later becomes his theme when he becomes an Espada.
- Antagonistic Offspring: Naruto despises his father, to the point where Minato is #1 on his hit list.
- Anyone Can Die : Oh boy, so far the body count is Ishida, Chad, Sasuke and Kakashi, Neliel, Soi-fon, Byakuya, Hinata, and Aizen, with more likely coming.
- In the end absolutely everyone except for Naruto.
- Ax-Crazy : After turning to a Hollow, Naruto swiftly became this. Hell his first act as a Hollow is to track down and viciously kill Sasuke. The passing of three centuries has not dampened his blood thirsty nature in the slightest.
- Bad Boss : A prime example in Naruto. Speak out? Deliver a critical message? Bow in Respect? All liable to get you killed by him, simply because.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind : Hollow Naruto and Shinigami Naruto duke it out to see who takes control of the body. Looking at the rest of these tropes, its easy to see who won.
- Became Their Own Antithesis : As a Hollow, Naruto turns to a twisted shadow of his former life. He's completely self-centered, cruel and holds his former ideals in utter contempt.
- Berserk Button: Let's count off Naruto's, shall we? Let's see, there's calling him weak, calling him a child, getting the better of him in a fight, copying what he was in life, moral behavior, Aizen's monologues, Aizen in general, Nel's existence, Konoha's existence, the Shinigami's existence... Yeah, safe to say that he has a lot.
- Don't forget Vizards, his former friends and family, Minato... Let's just say its easier to list was isn't on his berserk list.
- Cain and Abel: Naruto and the Soul Society-born twins of Minato and Kushina, Akane and Taiki. If you couldn't guess, Naruto is the Cain to their Abel.
- The Caligula: Who else?
- Crapsack World : With the author expanding on the Hollow realm of Hueco Mundo, this comes into play. Not only is it a literal dog eat dog world, where trusting another hollow will likely end up with you getting eaten, whatever kind of kingdom that forms is always ruled by some sort of tyrant or despot.
- Cruel and Unusual Death : For some of the hollows throughout the story, and torture for the Residents of Konoha.
- Curb-Stomp Battle : Ichigo, shortly after unlocking his Vizard powers, ends up getting into a fight with Naruto in order to get to Grimmjow. Unfortunately for Ichigo, there's the problem of Naruto holding the rank of Primera Espada for a very good reason and far outstripping Grimmjow in terms of power. The resulting fight is a stellar example of this trope.
- Dark Fic : Oh yes, definitely.
- Darker and Edgier : Then your average Bleach/Naruto fic. Naruto's only chance at redemption fails and backfires spectacularly, many of the main characters bite the dust and to top it all off? The Soul Society has been invaded and is LOSING!
- The Dark Side Will Make You Forget : Played with, while Naruto acknowledges that his reasons for vengeance against his former village seem distant and petty, that does not in anyway stop him from unleashing A Fate Worse Than Death on the whole lot of them.
- Despair Event Horizon : What Kakashi experienced when he encountered Naruto as the Primera. Later the rest of Naruto's old friends and family in the Soul Society get hit with this, HARD, when they finally find out what happened to Naruto.
- Doorstopper : At over 300k words, this fic certainly qualify.
- The Dreaded : After becoming a Vasto Lorde and forming his own kingdom, Naruto swiftly became this to most of Hueco Mundo. Given what Hollows are by nature, that is one hell of an accomplishment.
- Driven to Suicide : The fate of Konohaji, given her entire world and all she held dear was violently taken apart and her subsequent fate, this was no surprise.
- Drunk on the Dark Side : Spending over three centuries in Hueco Mundo has not done any favors for Naruto's sanity.
- Dying Alone : Kakashi, bonus points for it being done by the very last person he expected.
- The Emperor: When he learns he can't challenge Soul Society on his own, Naruto forms his own empire for the sole purpose of challenging the Soul Society with himself as the head. He loses this status when Aizen defeats him.
- Evil Versus Evil : Aizen vs. Naruto. On one hand you got the Faux Affably Evil Smug Snake and all around Manipulative Bastard with a serious god complex. The other is the Humanoid Abomination who has absolutely no remorse in torturing and maiming and does it for any and all reasons. Yeah things don't look too good.
- Evil Feels Good : Whether through physical or psychological means, Naruto gets a perverse, almost sexual, thrill out of brutalizing others, feeding off their misery, suffering and hate. This is especially apparent in chapters 30 to 32.
- Fallen Hero: Naruto dies trying to protect his village from Pain. After that he becomes a Hollow, and it just gets worse. And worse. And worse.
- Fantastic Racism: Exists within Hueco Mundo. Some of the humanoid Hollows look down on Hollows that are based on animals, dubbing them "bestis".
- Fate Worse Than Death : Poor, poor Konohaji...
- Five-Bad Band: An interesting example with Naruto and his generals. Even though they're the protagonists, they still form this in a way, even after Aizen defeats Naruto and drafts them all into his army.
- For the Evulz : Naruto's prime purpose as a Hollow, he has no aspirations of Godhood like Aizen or Barragan. He simply wishes to kill everyone, starting with his former friends.
- From Nobody to Nightmare : Naruto goes from a low level Hollow to the most feared and dreaded Espada in Hueco Mundo.
- From Bad to Worse: Starts off with Naruto dying, after that his afterlife takes the express service metaphorical and literal Hell.
- Go Mad from the Revelation : After finding out what Danzo did to his corpse and none of his friends nor comrades protesting it caused Naruto to snap and turn into a Hollow.
- Gone Horribly Wrong : Shinigami Naruto's attempt to awaken Hollow Naruto's positive emotions work...only to cause him to become even more of a depraved monster to drown out his newly awoken emotions.
- Gorn : Yeah, this fic does not pull any punches in showing just how vicious Hollow life is.
- Humanoid Abomination : Somewhat of a hat for all Arrancars.
- Special mention goes to Naruto. When Orihime looks at him she describes his presence as an "ancient soul rending monstrosity, whose reiatsu reeks of blood, pain, torture and murder."
- I'm a Hollowtarian : Hollows cannibalize each other for both sustenance and to evolve.
- Involuntary Transformation : Happened to the Konoha villagers of Konohaji's time.
- It Can Think : Many in the Soul Society believe that all the Hollows are mindless beasts or at most, completely enslaved to their base instincts. While true for a great deal of them, the higher level Hollows show much higher intelligence. This underestimation really costs them later.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! : Though unintentional, Minato causing Narutos death from chakra exhaustion has some truly horrific consequences.
- No Sell : Due to the strength of his hierro, Nnoitra is completely immune to Senbonzakura.
- Oh, Crap! : The reaction of the previous Espadas in Aizens army after seeing the Curb-Stomp Battle between Naruto and the previous Primera.
- Power Born of Madness : Naruto. He grows stronger as a Hollow than as a Human or a Plus.
- Protagonist Journey to Villain : The author gives a significant amount of the story to detailing Naruto's long fall into darkness.
- Really 700 Years Old : Naruto. He looks like he did when he died at 16, in truth he's well over 300. Mocking him for looking like a shrimp is one of his many berserk buttons as Nel and Daisuke unfortunately found out.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Hinata tries this on Naruto by appealing to whatever humanity he has left. It doesn't work.
- Took a Level in Badass : Naruto, in his afterlife as a Hollow, becomes far more powerful than he was living. However, he also...
- Took Several Levels In Jerkass :...and became a twisted shadow of his former self.
- Villainous Breakdown : Aizen has two in rapid succession. The first one when Naruto manages to land a heavy wound on him and break through his illusions. The second breakdown, caused directly by the first and far larger, is when the Hogyoku rejected Aizen and kills him.
- Villain Protagonist : Naruto, after he became a hollow.
- What Happened to the Mouse? : Gin disappears after the battle with Aizen and is never heard from again.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Naruto and Sakura. They both far out strip a Captain in terms of power...and are, mentally, as stable as a house of cards during an earthquake.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Naruto did this to the Konoha Group for the sole purpose of screwing with them.
- World Building: Quite a bit of it throughout the story. Hueco Mundo is fleshed out considerably, and several features such as some history and added geographical features are present.
- Yandere: If her words are true, then Sakura is one.
- Love Makes You Evil : Sakura used the Vandenreich to locate Naruto and then decimated them after she got the information. Later on, she even offered to give the Ouken to Naruto.