Fan Fic: A Twilight Landing
From left to right: Jo, Alice, and TwilightA Twilight Landing
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic
set in MerlosTheMad's "Madverse," the same setting as My Little Marriage Mary Is A Mare
(among other fics).
Josephine Faux is a grouchy
web designer who, after a colorful thunderstorm, finds a naked purple-haired girl claiming to be Twilight Sparkle. After a day of playing skeptic, Twilight shows her some mysterious crystals in a crater she left behind to prove her identity. Armed with this knowledge, Jo and her perky
friend Alice join forces to find Twilight a way home… if they don't drive each other crazy first.
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- Alien Lunch: Twilight finds the sausage patty Jo gave her early on delicious… Then she learns what was in it.
- Art Shift: Implied (this isn't a visual medium after all), Twilight is weirded out by the show's art style.
- Bile Fascination: In-universe, apparently what prompts Twilight to continue reading Starship Troopers, likening it to a hay cart crash. Horrifying, but leaving witnesses unable to look away.
- Broad Strokes: According to Twilight, the series itself is this at best. It manages to get the "big picture" of what happened correct, but it got smaller details wrong such as…
- There was apparently a lot more to Luna becoming Nightmare Moon apart from feeling neglected.
- The menacing trees in the Everfree Forest weren't illusions: they were real and very dangerous.
- Fluttershy would never Freak Out like she did at the animals at the Grand Galloping Gala
- Blueblood was not a Prince.
- Allegedly, Pinkie is even weirder than how the show depicts her.
- Does Not Like Men: Jo certainly doesn't trust them, though why has yet to be elaborated on, to Twilight and Alice's respective confusion and annoyance.
- Furry Denial: Inverted. Twilight tends to use ponyisms to refer to humans, such as referring to men and women as "stallions" and "mares" respectively.
- Humanity Ensues: Twilight is somehow transformed into a human after she's teleported out of Equestria. That dragon probably has something to do with it.
- I Ate WHAT?: Like Lyra before her, Twilight is utterly horrified to learn that she ate something with meat in it. According to her, no animal in Equestria is purely carnivorous unless it's Evil with a Capital E, and it takes her several hours to get over what she's done. Though she later admits she might have been oversimplifying it, what with griffons and all.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: For want of any nudity taboos, the now-human Twilight ends up forgetting to get dressed three times after taking showers or accidentally messing up her current set of clothes. It causes Jo to be Mistaken for Gay a few times.
- When a boy at a Halloween party gives her his phone number, she assumes he only wants to be her friend out loud. When she realizes her costume doesn't have any pockets, she shoves it into her bra right in front of him.
- Naked on Arrival: Given that the standard pony dress code is "nude," it's inevitable that a Humanized Twilight is subject to this after landing on Earth… in the rain… in October.
- Post-Historical Trauma: To no-one's surprise, Twilight, who grew up in a Sugar Bowl, is horrified by human history. Particularly World War II and The Holocaust.
- Shout-Out: Twilight mentions creating a cutie mark-enhancing potion.
- Sugar Bowl: Equestria is apparently this intrinsically, to the point where Black and White Morality is feasible. It would pass for Black and White Insanity or Blue and Orange Morality had it lacked magic the way Earth does
- The Unreveal: In-universe. Jo wonders where Celestia was during the Nightmare Moon incident. Twilight told her that Celestia doesn't like to talk about it.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: It's a wonder Josephine and Alice get along at all, given their wildly different worldviews.