Fan Fic / A Glimpse Into The Future
This is a Weekenders fanfiction done by Pokejedservo that can be read here
This is a light-hearted comedic fanfic that's directly based on The Weekenders
animated series (and was the 2nd one that the author did). The basic summary of this fic is that one Friday evening the four friends where up on a hill star gazing and the four of them were dozing off and they had a dream. Namely all 4 of them had the same dream that they were at Sunnydale but it was 10 years into the future. However they soon discovered that they were walking holograms as a few people phased right through present Lor in which Tish surmised that this is all a dream. While they try to look around the future Sunnydale they also get to see their future mid-20s selves (and their reactions do kind of vary.) And it turns out that this was all indeed just a dream in which they wonder if this could be a potential prophecy.
- Actor Allusion: Adult Tino is thinking of being a Voice Actor as one of his potential career choices. But Tino is unsure whether if he'll be a flat-out voice actor or someone whom is known in screen & voice acting like Tim Curry, Mark Hamill and Ron Perlman. Adult Carver added in Phil Lamarr whose screen acting career is not as known as the others but is still a valid example nevertheless.
- Boobs of Steel: Adult Lor is a potential case of this.
- Female Gaze: Believe it or not this trope happened as well while the kids and most of their adult selves one morning walked in on Adult Tino's room dancing around in his underwear needless to say reactions were kind of mixed.
- Hello, Nurse!: Present Tino and Carver had this reaction towards Adult Lor and Tish (though it got a little awkward when they found out that those two ladies they were drooling over are Lor and Tish as adults and their younger counterparts did have some fun gleefully teasing them about it).
- Male Gaze: Tino and Carver's initial reaction to Adult Lor and Tish had some fun with this.
- Never the Selves Shall Meet: While the kids can see their adult selves, they can't actually interact with them (nor could they interact with anyone else).
- Power Perversion Potential: Present Carver tried to abuse the fact that due to his holographic presence nobody can see him or hear him and he tries to peep on Adult Tish one night, unfortunately his plan failed miserably when Present Tish came in and stopped him.
- Ship Tease: This fic had some fun with Tino/Lor and Carver/Tish
- Shout-Out: Adult Lor's looks are a bit based off of Blue Mary from the Fatal Fury game series and a Tino's Adult self is a lankier version of Terry Bogard's "Garou" look.
- 20 Minutes into the Future: The "future" they are in is set 10 years later.