These are recommendations made by Tropers for Worm
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors, and Websites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
(prologue) and Shattered Glass
- Recommended by Gorkamorka
- Synopsis: The adventures of an English cape (and supporting cast), focuses on "low level" superheroing and introspection. All the cast is original and the only mention of Worm's characters are brief cameos / homages. It's quite esoteric as far as superheroes stories go. Complete at 24 chapters.
- Tags: somewhat Lighter and Softer, but not WAFF.
by Frantic Author
Bug On A Wire
- Recommended by spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: In some worlds, Taylor is a hero. In others, a villain. And sometimes, however rarely, she walks the lines betwixt and between.
(Spacebattles thread here
) by jacobk
- Recommended by RazorSmile, Ack Sed
- Synopsis: No crossover, no alternate trigger events, just Taylor deciding to go the pure vigilante route and making an unexpected ally. Hilarity ensues.
Hope comes to Brockton Bay
Here Be Dragons
- Recommended by RazorSmile
- Synopsis: Another high-quality non-crossover, Taylor joins the Wards, only for tragedy to strike. Cue Strategically Calculated Rampage of Revenge.
- Now has a page here
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
- Recommended by Doineedaname
- Synopsis: When Taylor Triggers she gains Lung's powers. After months of holding back she finally snaps when Emma pushes her too far and begins a Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
Stories with some characters of one Verse into a different one, or just with characters of different settings / stories. Can amp up to Mega Crossover.
An Imago of Rust and Crimson
by Earth Scorpion
Fiend, or how I learned to stop worrying and love the Green Sun
- Recommended by Racheakt and spacemonkey37
- Unspecified Horror/Worm Crossover
- Synopsis: Are we all just insects, blindly squirming through life? Will we all die tomorrow when an Endbringer shows up? Who’s the person thinking this? Who’s the person reading this? Hell, who’s the person writing this?
) by logiccosmic
She Who Skitters In Shadows
- Recommended by RazorSmile, throwaawy, and spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: In this crossover between White Wolfs Exalted setting and the Wormverse, Taylor Hebert failed in her moment to become something more. But with her failure, she was Chosen.
) by Gibbousmoons
Memoirs Of A Human Flashlight
- Recommended by RazorSmile, Ack Sed and spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: Taylor Hebert, She Who Skitters in Shadows, is Earth Bet’s first Abyssal Exalt. Yes, that’s one of the nasty kinds. Good thing she’s such a nice person, eh? Chapters come in 5-7 separate thousand word installments, and six chapters have been posted.
- Has a trope page here that urgently Needs More Love.
by Golden Lark
- Recommended by Ack Sed and spacemonkey37
- Synopsis: Taylor stops and thinks, examining why the bullying is going on. A carefully-worded email to the PRD bullying helpline leads to the bullying stopping - in the most dramatic way possible.