Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being voted off the island for
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into homosexual
territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping
is Serious Business
Authors and Websites
- Recommended by mydoctor93
- Comments: This author has taken every season since Guatemala and recreated them in extremely different scenarios like the first boot of Panama winning the season and Parvati being voted out first in her season. The characters are believable, and the fics are surprisingly original considering they use actual characters.
Survivor Fanon Wiki
- Recommended by Dr Roy
- Comments: This author writes realistic seasons of Survivor using entirely original casts of characters. The writing and dialogue is always excellent, and each season is well-thought out and well-balanced in terms of character development. There are 3 seasons so far: Survivor: Maldives, Survivor: Greek Isles - The Ancient Greek Empire, and Survivor: Vietnam, with a fourth, Survivor: Mexico - Rags & Riches, in development.
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Survivor: Fan Characters
- Recommended by bwburke94
- Comments: A spinoff of Survivor Wiki, featuring fanfics written by the wiki's users.
Survivor: Central Hub
- Recommended by mydoctor93, BadAsp
- Synopsis: A sprite comic that updates every day, this fic takes 16~20 fan characters every season and intertwines them in the game of Survivor. Currently on its tenth season.
- Comments: The characters are believable (but sometimes based on actual survivors; not that it is a bad thing, the most popular winner ever was based on one), the portrayals of them amazing, and the best part is that the author creates all of the sprites himself. The winners may have sometimes been polarizing, but they always have been entertaining.
The Many Adventures Of Lividmanda
- Recommended by mydoctor93, BadAsp
- Synopsis: A fanfic that takes 18~20 fan characters every season and intertwines them in the game of survivor. Four seasons have been completed, with a fifth in progress.
- Comments: Sturgeon's Law at its best, this is one of the remaining 10% of the fics worth dying for. Contains amazing characters and great twists. The author also applied a fan character to the comic above, and the character won the season unanimously.
by Zombie Linda
All Star Survivor:Hawaii
- Recommended by DrWillHatch45
- Comments: A hilarious Affectionate Parody of the Micronesia season using animated .gifs. Inspired the meme "I'm Livid!" among the board members of Survivor Sucks in 2008, and was written by the poster Zombie Linda(AKA "Naj"). There are tons of in-jokes relating to past seasons of the show as well as to Sucks culture.
by Mario Lanza
Survivor: Forest of Dreams
- Recommended by DrWillHatch45, and XYZ
- Comments: This is one of the first and most popular, if not the most popular, Survivor fan fictions of them all. It is a fictional All Stars contest comprising some of the writers favorite players from the first four seasons, and is rightfully praised for how accurate and surprisingly deep the characterizations were. It continues to this day to be looked upon kindly by the Survivor internet fandom, and even several contestants have commented on and praised it, such as Rafe Judkins from Survivor:Guatemala. All Star Survivor: Hawaii was written in summer 2002 by Mario Lanza at the now defunct Survivor-Central.com, and was also rewritten by Lanza in 2008 and reposted on his site as well as at Survivor Sucks. While this troper wasn't a big fan of the story in either iteration, it is popular for a good reason and also has historical value. Hawaii spawned two sequels, both of them also written by Lanza All Star Survivor: Alaska and All Star Survivor: Greece, the last one featuring interesting contestants who were all voted out before the merge.
Stories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold - beautiful boys fanfic
- Recommended by Patworx
- Comments: If SWSU-Master took a whole bunch of LSD, he'd probably make something like this. This is such a surreal comic filled with unusual characters, and yet it's done in a way where it all makes sense. The writer really thinks outside the box. A sequel called Survivor: Black Jack Bay is in progress.
by Shambo Iz Ma Homegirl