Fan Fic Recs / Pikmin
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth losing some Pikmin over
These are recommendations made by Tropers
for Fan Fics
, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped.
No one would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be. Feel free to leave a review of any recommendations using the reviews section, if you do wish to leave a review please do make it substantive.
- Spored by VRex.
- Recommended by: Toko WH
- Status: Complete.
- Description: Infected by a Puffstool and thrust into a bleak world of terrifying dangers...One Mushroom Pikmin will question the sanity of his own possessed mind as he witnesses the unrelenting horrors that make up the cost of survival.
- Comments: Spored is a nice survival thriller as several Mushroom Pikmin struggle to survive after being left behind on the Pikmin Planet. As the protagonist struggles with physical horrors as well as the Puffstool spores effects on his own sanity, he soon finds himself in an adventure that will test every bit of his determination and resolve to stay alive. Though it starts out a bit rough, a lot of the grammar and spelling flaws of the earlier chapters start to iron themselves out the further you go. All in all, Spore is a great epic and a must read for any Pikmin fan.
- Through Red Eyes by GameTrekker
- Recommended by: rmctagg09
- Status: Complete
- Description: From planting to inevitable death, a white Pikmin tells the story of its life. This is a realistic take on the entire, multifaceted world of Pikmin 2. [Now includes a bonus chapter.]
- Synopsis: Through Red Eyes is an interesting story told solely (Save for the bonus chapter) by a lone White Pikmin harvested in the Bulblax Kingdom up to the events of the Snagret Hole, depicting his struggles and triumphs. As the description states it takes a more realistic, darker tone on the game, making it very clear that it's very hard to be a Pikmin when nearly everything desires to eat you and you're extremely fragile as well. This is doubled by the fact that as a White Pikmin, our hero can be used at any time as a panic button due to his ability to poison enemies if they eat him.
- A Thousand Words by Rylitah.
- Recommended by: Toko WH
- Status: One-shot, complete
- Description: As he found and discovered each letter, he began to understand the story behind Captain Olimar. / Pikmin 3, Alph-centric. Some Brittany and Charlie. Spoilers for Pikmin 1. Oneshot.
- Synopsis: Made before Pikmin 3 came out, A thousand words is a rather interesting fic where Alph stumbles upon Olimar's logs from the first game. As he begins to search more and more for them as he discovers the tale of Captain Olimar, he reads of his triumphs as he slowly manages to collect almost every single ship part, and the crushing end when Olimar fails and has his entire Pikmin army demolished by the Emperor Bulblax, and how he died alone due to the aftermath...