Fanfic: Z Skit Theater
Z Skit Theater is a series of One-Shot fanfics based on Tales of Symphonia, by Twilight Scribe. It can be found here. The namesake comes from a mechanic of the original. Whenever prompted, the player was supposed to top the "Z" button to watch a little conversation between the game's characters. These were called "Z-Skits". The tone of each skit ranged from dead serioues to silly, and sometimes there and back again. The skits showcased in Z Skit Theater, however, are thoroughly set on Silly Mode.Each chapter features an exchange between the characters pointing out the Fridge Logic, Gameplay and Story Segregation, and Fridge Horror elements of the game. Some chapters even just poke fun at certain characters odder personality quirks (the author get a lot of mileage out of Zelos being...Zelos). The format of the series is entirely dialogue-based with each character being identified by the format of their dialogue (Lloyd is Normal, Colette is Bold, Genis is Italicized', etc.) which varies from chapter to chapter. This is done to get around the "No scripts" rule of Fanfiction.net.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Brought up in the eternal Pirates Vs Ninjas debate. Raine won.
- Fridge Logic: Discussed In-Universe, many a time, with topics like "how would Martel react upon getting stuck with Zelos's body" and the like?
- Fridge Horror: Just as much discussed In-Universe. One skit touches on that fact that Lloyd's Rheird figurine was actually the Wonder Chef the entire time, prompting to Genis to ask:
- Do you think he was doing something pervy all the time, like standing over Lloyd watching him sleep or something?
- Lloyd, understandably, does not take this well.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Lloyd's Theory of Relativity.
- Lampshade Hanging: EVERYWHERE
- Lethal Chef: Takes this part of Raine's character and rolls with it!
- The Talk: In chapter 79, Kratos tries to tell Lloyd about the birds and the bees. This goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Who Would Want to Watch Us?: The topic of Chapter 361.
- Zip Mode: Lampshaded in Lloyd's Theoty of Relativity, when Raine decides to go study a location where it's possible to use it in-game.