Fan Fic: Yuyukos Wonderful Midnight Snack Tour
This was originally intended to be a trope page for a single story, but as time passed new stories were written and, completely unexpectedly, tropes were used in them too. So this page now serves as a folder for tropes used in Touhou
fanfiction written by Vrock8
. The page picture is for the “Snack Tour”.Let’s begin.
open/close all folders
Yuyuko’s Wonderful Midnight Snack Tour
Yuyuko’s Wonderful Midnight Snack Tour
is a pretty faithful Darker and Edgier
adaptation of the ghost team scenario of Imperishable Night.
It focuses mostly on misadventures of Youmu and Yuyuko, as they blast through the stages, engage in philosophical conversations with bosses and explore the forbidden love that blooms between them.
Tropes used in Yuyuko’s Wonderful Midnight Snack Tour
- All There in the Manual: The nature of Yuyuko’s powers, character backstories, the events of “Perfect Cherry Blossom”…
- And I Must Scream: Homaged, referenced and played straight with Myon and Kaguya.
- Apocalypse How: Class 4, as part of the ending. It was all just an elaborate illusion Or was it?
- Blinded by the Light
- Bloodier and Gorier
- Break the Cutie: Youmu.
- Break the Haughty: A lot of opponents the ghost team faces consider themselves better than them. Unfortunately for them, the story is a transcript of an Easy Mode playthrough.
- Chekhov's Gun: Yuyuko will play her ultimate prank, oh yes she will
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: The story doesn’t cover the extra stage. Isn’t it sad, Mokou?
- Crapsaccharine World: Welcome to Gensokyo!
- Diagonal Cut
- Dissonant Serenity: Yuyuko
- Dying Declaration of Love: Marisa does this to Youmu. It was a joke.
- Easy Amnesia: Lampshaded.
- Flashback: The story is only around sixty pages long, and it still crams plenty of those into the last chapter.
- From a Single Cell: Implied with Eirin. Played straight with Wriggle in the Omake/True End.
- Gainax Ending: Complete with an obligatory Shout-Out to Evangelion.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Zig-Zagged with Keine.
- Gorn: Usually once per stage.
- Heroic BSOD: Youmu snaps at the end of Stage 5.
- Homage: I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
- I Am A Humanitarian: Yuyuko
- Imagine Spot: Youmu has extremely vivid imagination.
- It Was All Just A Dream: The beginning of stage 6.
- Killed Off for Real: Mystia, Keine and Reisen.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Wriggle
- Madness Mantra: ...rabbits are making cookies on the moon...
- Noodle Incident: The events of “Perfect Cherry Blossom” are referenced as such.
- Oh Crap: Multiple times, mostly by Youmu.
- Please Wake Up combined with Swiss Army Tears: The heavily shellshocked Youmu does this to unconscious Yuyuko. Played for Laughs
- Precision F-Strike: By the end of the story, Youmu have had just about enough of Yuyuko’s morbid jokes.
- Psychotic Smirk: Called by its trope name.
- Red Herring: The wishbone.
- Reset Button: Used as a radical method to boot up Youmu after her Heroic BSOD.
- Seen It All: Yuyuko, to the point of being bored out of her mind during heated danmaku battles. The only thing that genuinely manages to surprise her is Wriggle.
- Shout-Out: A lot, including to this very wiki.
- Sliding Scale of Fourth Wall Hardness: Semipermeable.
- Something Completely Different: Stage 5: Rabbit.
- Song Fic: Parodied in the second stage.
- Super Power Meltdown: This is how Eirin is defeated.
- Tap on the Head: Energy version.
- Tempting Fate
- Title Drop
- That Thing That Goes Doink
- The Undead: Played straight with Yuyuko.
- Unexplained Recovery: Yuyuko during the final battle, a case of All There in the Manual
- Villainous Breakdown: Eirin has quite an epic one. Almost quoting the Anti-Spiral from TTGL helps.
- Villain Protagonist: Yuyuko
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Lampshaded. It doesn’t make it any less sad, though.
- Writer on Board: Hell yeah.
Touhou Death Files: Reimu Hakurei
Touhou Death Files: Reimu Hakurei
is a story about Reimu coming down with a mysterious disease that causes her to cough up blood. Marisa does her best to save her, contacting Eirin and other powerful beings of Gensokyo.
Tropes used in “Touhou Death Files: Reimu Hakurei”:
is a story about an Original Character
, Luxia Tenebria
, the youkai of light and shadows born in Gensokyo. She is cute, and she is evil, and she hears a mysterious voice in her head telling her to do good deeds. So far, the most hateful of my stories.
Tropes used in “Maintenance Override”:
Shards of Obsession
'Shards of Obsession
'' is a story that recounts the events of the apocalyptic scenario, the events that were brought in motion by Pazuzu
Tropes used in Shards of Obsession:
- An Aesop: Drugs Are Bad
- Apocalypse How: Pazuzu’s plans, when executed properly, eventually lead to Class 6.
- Beat Still, My Heart: Four times.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Because it will come true. At a horrible, unbalanced price.
- Big "NO!": When everyone on Marisa’s party imagine Satori naked, she releases one due to Sensory Overload.
- Break the Cutie: Nitori and, to a lesser extent, Satori
- Book Ends: The last two chapters replay events of the first one
- Chekhov's Gun: Nitori’s experiment.
- Climactic Battle Resurrection: except everyone are not as they used to be when they come back
- The Comically Serious: Patchouli.
- The Corrupter: Pazuzu
- Cosmic Horror Story
- Dark Is Not Evil: As revealed at the very end.
- Downer Ending: Wriggle dies. Nitori goes insane. Everyone else is in some ways damaged or incomplete. And Pazuzu just goes on corrupting more worlds.
- Driven to Madness: Reimu
- Dying Declarationof Love: Marisa and Alice
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Only Daiyousei survives the cycle.
- Eye Scream
- Flashback: To the first meeting of Reimu and Marisa.
- Genre Savvy: Sanae, and later Nitori
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!
- Gory Discretion Shot: Rumia’s death, but the body is shown later.
- Go Out with a Smile: Orin
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: of purity, no less, attributed to Satori. In truth, everyone was corrupted in some way.
- Kafka Komedy
- Lemony Narrator combined with Unreliable Narrator: Chapter 9 has one.
- Madness Mantra: Will you help me?
- Mood Whiplash: Horror! Humor! Hurt/Comfort!
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill
- Oh Crap
- Ominous Floating Castle
- Peggy Sue: Nitori.
- Please Wake Up: played straight.
- Plot Armor: The idol of Pazuzu is basically covered in battleship-grade armor plates.
- Psychotic Smirk
- Puppeteer Parasite: Nitori
- Put on a Bus: the residents of SDM and Moriya Shrine
- Precision F-Strike: Pazuzu.
- Portal Cut: Ran is killed this way.
- Reset Button Ending
- Rotating Arcs
- Shout-Out: Evangelion, Sublustrum, Independence Day, Doyora’s “Bad End”…
- Single Tear: Satori sheds one from her third eye.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: All over the place.
- Something Completely Different: Talk Like A Pirate Day
- Stranger Behind the Mask: Alice
- Strike Me Down with All of Your Hatred: Hatate says this in an attempt to corrupt Sanae.
- Tempting Fate: Patchouli, oh so much.
- This Is for Emphasis, Bitch!
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: for Youmu, at least.
- Thrown Out the Airlock: Screeching gaps, a Homage to Doyora’s “Bad End”
- The Good Guys Always Win: Reimu’s creed.
- Yandere: Alice
- You Can't Fight Fate
- You Already Changed The Past
- Wave Motion Gun