Fan Fic: Xenophoolia
"“The Swap is everywhere. It's all around us, especially right here in your mind, Lero, and the minds of practically every creature alive on this bright and colorful pony-world. You can see it in family photographs and newspaper clippings. You experience its touch when you pay visits to your best friend’s farm, or buy crullers from your local bakery. And you’ll see it especially in the eyes and hearts of two of the mares who share your home. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.”From the minds that brought you Xenophilia: Further Tales, Divided Rainbow, Xenophilia: Advanced and The Xenophile's Guide To Equestria.
- Discord, to Lero from Xenophilia: Further Tales
- Part 1: If You Follow Me We'll Put Our Differences Aside
- Part 2: But I Look A Little Closer And It Starts To Feel Familiar Too
- Part 3: I'm Just Like You And You're Just Like Me
- Part 4: Everything Is Turned Around, This Crazy World Is Upside-Down
- Part 5: Helped Me To See All The Possibilities
- Part 6: I Couldn't See What Was Right There In Front Of Me
Xenophoolia provides examples of:
- April Fools' Day: Jointly released by all its authors on April 1, 2014.
- Archenemy: Discord straight-out equates Lero and the Swap to Batman and the Joker.
- Be Careful What You Say: Three-fourths of the way through Part 2, XFT-Lero has gotten a bit bigheaded:XFT-Lero: (chuckling) Gotta say, Discord, you really know how to boost a guy’s ego! I mean, I understand that this is the multiverse and we’re looking at infinite possibilities, but in every world we’ve been in, I’ve got the ladies wrapped around my little finger. Like I could’ve picked any one of them, and they’d all be equally loyal.
- Cool Spaceship: The Hudsucker Proxy.
- Death by Gluttony: The sad fate that seems to be in store for Psychoshy's Lero.
- False Memories:
- Idiosyncratic Title Naming: All six chapter titles are lyrics from "Help Twilight Win The Crown."
- Mirror Self: Part 3 showcases a Swap in which Honeydew is herding with Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, and is deeply smitten with the human stallion they all share, and Lyra Heartstrings is the xenophobic bigot who heckles humans in the marketplace.
- Name's the Same: In-universe; Lyra Heartstrings and 'Lyra' the Earth pony.
- Recycled In Space: Proudly played to the hilt in the futuristic version of the Swap.
- Red Pill, Blue Pill: Explicitly invoked by Discord with a red cookie and blue cookie, when he makes XFT-Lero decide whether he'll hear him out or not.
- Swapped Roles:
- The Multiverse
- Yandere: Psychoshy.
- Zombie Apocalypse