Fan Fic / White Box
Canvas is a pony. He doesn't know much. The only reason he even knows his name is because he read it on the wall.
But he knows the white box. He knows eating. He knows sleeping. He knows how many footsteps it takes to get from he wall to the cot, at least if he counts. He has trouble remembering, sometimes. That's okay, though. He's happy.
Until one day, when a strange unicorn named "Twilight Sparkle" arrives. He doesn't like her. She asks lots of questions, and she isn't white. She is, in fact, purple. Which makes Canvas wonder; what is
) is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic by Chromosome, about memories and the power of art. Has an on-going semi-animated adaptation here
- Broken Pedestal: Implied that this happens to Twilight in regards to Celestia.
- The End
- Laser-Guided Amnesia /Identity Amnesia: All the prisoners have basically all their memories and personalities erased.
- Light Is Not Good: "The bright lights hurt my eyes."
- Also, it's implied that Celestia, the sun princess, imprisoned any ponies with cutie marks powerful enough to fight her or cause dissent, making her the Big Bad. Word of God is that the facility was actually run by a fringe element of the government and Celestia herself sent Twilight in to find out what was going on, but the necessarily limited perspective means this does not come across at all in the text.
- Meaningful Name: Canvas, just like most ponies. His paintings come to life.
- The other prisoners, too. Clarity, Forte and Smooth Song, who can respectively copy the cutie-marks of others, inspire anyone with speeches, and create emotion-changing music.
- Mind Rape
- Omega Cast: Basically the entire story is Twilight and Canvas talking.
- Rainbow Speak: Colours, and the emotions they inspire, are shown in...well, colour.
- Smite Me, O Mighty Smiter!: When Canvas finally grasps just what he's lost.
- Unconventional Formatting: On top of the colours, the original google doc has a black background and white font.
- White Void Room: The setting, which is described as so white as you can hardly tell where the corners are.
- You Are Number 6