"Jazz had gone insane. The scene had repeated countless times. It felt like a nightmare she couldn't wake up from. She was curled in a fetal position, mumbling 'it's only a nightmare',¯ over and over and over.When Worlds Collide is an Old Shame Massive Multiplayer Crossover series of fics written by Ronnie. It is, quite possibly, the most schizophrenic thing ever written, and would concern any psychiatrist. It consists of four fanfictions.
—Jazz Fenton, reacting as any sane person would to the When Worlds Collide universe.
- Danny and Darkwing in When Worlds Collide, in which through a contrived and overall odd chain of events, including 2 major character deaths, Danny Phantom and Darkwing Duck must scour the multiiverse for the five pieces of a gateway to immortality. Including poorly done Whole Plot Reference universes!
- When Worlds Collide 2: Dan Phantom's Return, in which the universe continues with Mirror Universe Clockwork and Danny free our universe's Dan Phantom and begin amassing an army of Evil Dannys from Alternate Universes, and pulling and brainwashing the good ones, to take over the Multiverse ("OF COURSE!") They go through the multiverses trying to find the bandit, run into the author, subsequently rage at him for the horrible things he's "done" to them, and inadvertently lead to Dan Phantom getting the most powerful weapon: the keyboard. Samantha's consciousness ends up kicked out of her body so it'll obey completely, she then finds herself able to navigate the multiversal planes freely, and, with the help of Professor X and the X-Men, defeats Dan.
- Mystery Danny Theater 3000, a fic with said author, Danny, Sam and the 'bots MSTing actual DP episodes.
- When Worlds Collide 3: Double or Nothing, in which Vlad essentially recreates Dan Phantom when he has the idea to bridge the gaps in Danny's morph DNA with his own, creating a horrible future Danny, the author, and the Bots explore. Includes a Star Trek parody verse, a drop-in by Beetlejuice, and Q and Clockwork teaming up to make Vlad pull a Heel–Face Turn.
This series provides examples of:
- Anyone Can Die: Sam Manson and Gosalyn Mallard. In chapter one alone.
- Author Avatar: Ron
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Sam and an army of Dannys in the second.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Aladdin parody universe as a whole.
- Continuity Nod: Various, notably Vlad's cloning scheme coming to fruition, Tucker's Ghost Half from What You Want making a second appearance.
- Fan Dumb: The aforementioned Author Avatar makes it VERY clear what side of it he's on, one of the reasons it is an Old Shame.
- Fighting from the Inside: Sam, in the second one.
- Ironic Hell: Somewhat- Dan Phantom places each character in a situation he'd call their personal hell, based on their own fears and inner demons- Danielle gets told she was never loved, Tucker faces off with his worst aspects as seen in his Ghost Half, Jazz is confronted with an eternity of Danny berating her, and Danny has to watch it all unfolding.
- Lampshade Hanging:
- Mirror Universe: A key part of the plot of the second.
- MST3K Mantra: Invoked in the MST3K entry, when Vlad is back from the dead for no good reason.
- No Fourth Wall: By the third fic, the important characters know it's a story. They just don't know whose, as the author is with them. Additionally, in the MST3K fic, Danny is forced to watch episodes of his own show.
- Rewriting Reality: Dan does this after the fourth wall is shattered using a real-world keyboard.
- Twist Ending: Danielle showing up to save everyone in the end of the first.