Fan Fic: When Worlds Collide Mario Sonic And Mega Man Crossover
When Worlds Collide
(formerly Heroes United
) is a three-way Crossover Fan Fic
between the Super Mario Bros.
, Sonic the Hedgehog
, and Mega Man (Classic)
series written by Nintendoman01
. It can be read here
.Culex, the Dark Knight of Vanda
, and his master, the Dark Mage, have plans to conquer the Mushroom World, Mobius, and the Earth of 20XX all at once. However, as environmental necessities prevent them from invading the worlds on their own, they turn to Bowser, Dr. Eggman, and Dr. Wily, arranging a meeting and subsequent Villain Team-Up
between the three with the intent on taking over after they do their work. But what do Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and their respective allies have to say about that?
Not to be confused with When Worlds Collide
or the When Worlds Collide Series
When Worlds Collide provides examples of the following tropes (Beware of unmarked spoilers):
- Alternate Universe Fic: For starters, the fic ignores the Archie Sonic Cosmic Retcon post-issue 251, and states that Sonic and Eggman lost their memories of the events of Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide as well.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Bowser, Eggman, and Wily.
- Bigger Bad: Culex and the Dark Mage manipulate events from behind the scenes.
- Canon Welding: The fic mixes and matches different characters and concepts of the various Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man comics, cartoons, and games into one continuity, such as adding the Super Troopas from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show.
- Crossover: Between Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, and Mega Man (Classic).
- Let's You and Him Fight: The villains' initial plan: trick Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man into fighting and hopefully destroying each other.
- Pocket Dimension: Bowser, Eggman, and Wily use one as their main base of operations, dubbing it Bowser's Skull Egg Zone or the BSE Zone for short. This dimension links Mobius, Earth 20XX, and the Mushroom World together.
- Villain Team-Up: Bowser, Eggman, and Wily all join forces to take on their respective enemies and conquer their respective worlds.