Fan Fic: Under The Great Tree
Under the Great Tree is a ZeLink fan fiction written by Magmar Fire that takes place during the events of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It explores Zelda's perspective when she went to sleep for thousands of years to keep the seal on Demise intact and subtly proposes just how emotionally damaging it must have been for her.You can read it here. Do note, though, that it contains spoilers for Skyward Sword, so read at your own risk.
This fan fiction provides examples of the following tropes:
- A Day in the Limelight: We see what's going on in Zelda's dream during her thousand-year-long sleep. Subverted toward the end when the focus switches to Link.
- All Just a Dream: Mostly.
- Deadpan Snarker: Link, slightly.
- Mental World: See Mythology Gag below.
- Mythology Gag: Zelda's dream takes place in the dreamlike meadow on the moon in Majora's Mask.
- Something Only They Would Say: How does the point get drilled home that the boy is Link? His snark.
- Talking in Your Dreams
- The Glomp
- Title Drop
- Two Lines, No Waiting: Played with; it's implied at the end that Link and Zelda were sharing, and talking to each other in, the exact same dream.
- Woman in White: Zelda is still in her spirit maiden attire from somewhat-early in the game. It's not really explained why, but it can simply be handwaved with it being a dream.
- World Tree: The tree in the story is actually the one on the moon from Majora's Mask, so it fits by extension.