Fan Fic: Uber Drama Island
Uber Drama Island is a Total Drama
fanfic by Agreenparrot
It has a cast made up of 24 original characters who are competing on an island for the grand prize of fame and fortune. The campers are broken up into four teams, each mentored by a returning canon character- Courtney, DJ, Trent and Lindsay. The series employs a mix of strategy, comedy, romance, and of course, drama. The campers have shelter, but not food, provided and must rely on their wits to get ahead.
A sequel, called Uber Drama Action, was later started and completed. 24 new characters compete at the abandoned film lot for the grand prize. This story is noticeably darker than the original Uber and like before, each team is mentored by a canon camper- Beth, Duncan, Eva and Justin. Shelter and food are provided, but that doesn't make this battle of wits and strategy any easier.
A third story, called Uber Drama: Mountain of Madness, is in progress. 24 new characters compete at a remote mountain with some rather varied terrain. This story is set to be rather crazy and goofy in tone, per Word of God
. As before, each team is mentored by a canon character- Staci, Jo, Max and Topher. Niether food nor shelter are provided, making this the toughest Uber season yet.
It can be read: here
Uber Drama Island provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Several, but Destiny being one of them.
- Alpha Bitch: Roquette has shades of this.
- Ascended Fangirl: Robyn has spent quite a bit of time studying the show.
- Berserk Button: Do not mess with Bonbon's loved ones.
- Big Bad Duumvirate: Roquette and Nathaniel are both quite dangerous together. Bonus points for being in a couple.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Bonbon.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Roquette's strategy to get her farther in the game. Eventually she just drops it.
- The Chessmaster: Nathaniel tries to pull this off. He falls short at the final 5.
- Child Prodigy: Bronwyn.
- Creepy Good: Azazel.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Azazel may come off as creepy, but he's actually a decent guy.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dante.
- Determinator: You got to hand it to Destiny, with everything she's been handed, she still continues to fight.
- Disc One Final Boss: Destiny and Darla.
- Eliminate The Hypotenuse: Rexx sees Dante as an obstacle to his love for Destiny and tries to get him eliminated. He's wrong, and he fails at it.
- Epic Fail: Even with Executive Meddling, Courtney's Champions lose way more challenges than any other team and Are the first ones to be completely eradicated post-merge.
- Extreme Doormat: Johnny literally just does ANYTHING anyone tells him.
- Fiery Redhead: Vince and Tina at times.
- For the Evulz: Roquette during the first half plays with little consider for strategy. Even going as far as to eliminate her team's strongest asset with the reasoning "because I can."
- Genre Savvy: Robyn, taken to the extreme.
- Also Trevor somewhat. Knowing that if he acts mysterious, the plot will have to keep him around.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Vince is angered by anything he sees as an offense...although he usually feels bad afterwards.
- Hopeless Suitor: Rexx eventually becomes this for Destiny.
- House Wife: Linda's life goal.
- Jerk Ass: Plenty. Destiny, Roquette, Darla, and Leslie all being prime examples.
- Knight Templar: Tina. Her fixation on rules and being good eventually makes everyone a little worried for her.
- The Load: Sally and Darla are considerably useless in challenges.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Robyn Especially during her elimination speech.
- Lighter and Softer: The most optimistic story in Parrot's series.
- Love Makes You Crazy: Rexx's crush on Destiny soon delves into obsession and makes him very unstable.
- Love Triangle: Between Darla and Linda for Nile. Linda wins.
- Also Rexx sees this between him and Dante for Destiny, but it's all in his mind.
- Mad Scientist: Nicky, a positive example.
- Never My Fault: Destiny takes this attitude towards her constant losses.
- Older Than They Look: Rexx
- Playing Cyrano: Percy helps Rexx romance Destiny with his poetry. He also ends up taking the fall and getting eliminated instead of him.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: In-Universe, Robyn dubs Bonbon and Trevor to be called Tronbon.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Percy.
- Teen Idol: Nile.
- Turncoat: Johnny flipflops between his alliance to Robyn and his alliance to Trevor and Bon Bon. This shows up again when he flips to Roquette's alliance and betrays his old one.
- Villain Protagonist: Roquette is arguably the main character of the story.
- White and Gray Morality: Easily Parrot's most optimistic story. All the villains are harmless, and the two who aren't are Nathaniel, who is more strategic than evil, and Roquette, who gets lots of Character Development, while still being a major antagonist.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Roquette's initial shtick.
Uber Drama Action provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Several, but the biggest examples are Aubrey, Judie and Yvonne
- Ascended Fanboy: Xavier, whose goal is to make sure the "goddess" of the season emerges victorious.
- Douglas bases his entire look and strategy around Duncan, much to the chagrin of the latter.
- Attention Whore: Labelle is based on this trope.
- Bare Your Midriff: Aubrey.
- Berserk Button: Boe has a hatred of 'popular airheads who refuse to do any work' and is violantly hostile to anybody she deems to be one.
- Big Bad: Judie.
- Bigger Bad: Everyone's motivation here is to play a strategic game, and strategy is the most common factor in every elimination, making the strategic game as the real villain.
- Black and Grey Morality: A stark contrast to Uber Drama Island. Most of the Heroes are flawed and have notable vices, but several villains are truly horrible by the standards of the story.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Mona and Amanda are heroic examples. Leroy and Judie are villainous examples. Stephen/The Professor is this taken Up to Eleven.
- Labelle tries to invoke this trope for more screentime.
- Creepy Child: Macy can be considered this.
- The Cutie: Several; stand-out examples are Amanda, Giselle and Mona.
- Dumb Muscle: Todd.
- Deadpan Snarker: As to be expected from a Parrotverse story. everyone gets a moment of this, but stand-out examples are Adam, Aubrey, Buster, Jarred, Kendall, La Belle, and Yvonne.
- Epic Fail: The only way to describe Todd's performance in challenges.
- This also describes Leroy's competance at being a villain.
- Evil Chef: Boe
- Fat Bastard: Leroy's label.
- Fiery Redhead: Labelle
- For the Evulz: Kendall joined the show just so she would have an excuse to be as bad as possible.
- Funetik Aksent: Yvonne, who is implied to be from Eastern Europe.
- Harmless Villain: Leroy.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Jarred until he befriends Rich and Yvonne
- Insufferable Genius: Buster.
- Norissa was intended as one, but was seen more as Adorkable by readers.
- Jerkass: Several characters, even the 'heroes'. Biggest examples are Boe, Judie, Kendell and Maggie.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Rich feels this way for a few episodes after he votes off Giselle.
- Nice Guy: Rich and Victor most notably.
- Odd Friendship: Victor and Boe
- One of the Kids: Played With with Maggie.
- The Pollyanna: Mona.
- Previous Player-Character Cameo: Every episode, a different contestant from Uber Drama Island will cameo as an intern, an assistant in the challenges, or in the episode recap with Chris.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Boe and Victor.
- Sanity Slippage: In recent chapters Boe has devoted all her time to eliminating Aubrey. After she succeeds, she starts focusing on eliminating Douglas, Aubrey's best friend, all because of a silly argument in Episode 2.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Adam and Buster, Aubrey and Boe, Judie and Leroy, Douglas and Labelle... really, it's easier to list the characters who don't fall under this trope.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Judy, Buster, and Leroy. Todd is a non-villainous example.
- Stalker with a Crush: There are times where Douglas seems like one to Duncan.
- Token Minority: Averted, the cast has a decent amount of racial diversity in it.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: It can be argued that Boe is one of these.
Uber Drama: Mountain of Madness proves examples of: