The USS Crazy Horse
, NCC-4681R, is a fan addition to Starfleet during the era of Star Trek: The Next Generation
. A sequence of stories, posted from 1993 to 2010, describes this Galaxy-class ship and her crew.
The tales of the USS Crazy Horse provide examples of:
- All Just a Dream: One story was All Just a Hologram Simulation.
- Alternate Timeline: In "The Seeds of the Many", an accident with Time Travel sends the Crazy Horse into an Alternate Timeline.
- Anachronic Order: The stories did not appear in order, though the website now sorts them in order by Stardate, except for "First Steps".
- Mundane Luxury: In "The Seeds of the Many", the Crazy Horse enters an Alternate Timeline where Earth is different. Charlotte Marek tries to buy a Mundane Luxury on Earth, but there is none. Its absence is the Point Of Divergence.
- Sailor Earth: The Crazy Horse, some other starships, and many crew members are fan additions to Starfleet.
- Self-Insert Fic: The authors are Michael Marek and Rob Roy, two characters on the ship. Other characters might also be inserts.
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: When Michael Marek announces a metaphorical "smokin' gun", Marina Lemar asks, "What would make a phaser smoke?"
- Spaceship Girl: Moira, the Second Officer aboard the Crazy Horse, is an Artificial Intelligence who takes control of the ship's computer. Like other computers in Star Trek, she has a voice interface, but unlike them, she is also a woman, either in her organic simulacrum, or by projecting a hologram of herself.