Transcend is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic. Written by Anonymous Pegasus. Can be found here
After her defeat at Canterlot, Queen Chrysalis finds herself alone in the forest near Ponyville. She thinks this will be the end of her, yet finds her life saved by a woodspony by the name of Evergreen. Chrysalis initially intends to feed off of him and then leave him for dead once she is healed. Unfortunately for her, she ends up developing feelings for the earth pony. Thus begins her journey to remain hidden from Celestia, recover from her injuries, rebuild her people from near extinction, and possibly find out if a changeling can love at all.
Has a sequel following Chrysalis and Evergreen's grandkid. Can be found here
. It has gone on hiatus, because the author will be rewriting the story and reposting it.
Transcend contains examples of:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Chrysalis tries to convince herself she is only using him for food. Evergreen can't help but take care of her due to his kind nature, but can't stand her haughty attitude. This rapidly devolves into snark as they try to deny their feelings for each other, and fail miserably.
- Brought Down to Normal:Chrysalis in the end thanks to the Elements of Harmony. She is quite happy about it too.
- Drum Bathing: Evergreen and Chrysalis both take a bath in a large pot heated by a fire. Not at the same time though.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Chrysalis and Evergreen both end up having a long and happy relationship together. Chrysalis had to go through hell to get there though.
- Emotion Eater: Chrysalis, being a changling, feeds off of love. This causes issues later on.
- Grow Old with Me: Chrysalis and Evergreen end up doing this.
- Just Between You and Me: Chrysalis does this to a shopkeeper, telling him who exactly she is. He doesn't survive long enough to tell anypony else.
- Last of Her Kind: Chrysalis is the last changling, thanks to the love empowered spell that threw them from Canterlot. Chrysalis ends up killing off those that survived said spell like she did.
- Oh Crap: Chrysalis gets one when Princess Celestia shows up in Ponyville.
- Slap-Slap-Kiss: Evergreen and Chrysalis relationship is basically this.
- Spell My Name with an S: How Chrysalis spells her fake name, Cee.
- Sue Donym: Chrysalis, when asked her name, merely replies with the first letter.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Being a changeling Chrysalis can do this. Though thanks to the love spell, she remains too weak to use it for most of the story.