TV Tropes Needs Your Help
View Kickstarter Project
Big things are happening on TV Tropes! New admins, new designs, fewer ads, mobile versions, beta testing opportunities, thematic discovery engine, fun trope tools and toys, and much more - Learn how to help here
and discuss here
Fan Fic: Total Drama Luxury Tour
A Cody-centric Total Drama
fanfic by Baconsandwichman.
It tells the story of a 4th season where all 24 contestants are competing around the world, but traveling not in a plane, but in three boats.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Amazon Chaser: Played with; Cody finds Courtney's Type-A, bossy demeanor to be an attraction to him, but he also likes the smart, confident, kind girl he knew back on TDI.
- Arc Words: "Think of her first."
- Black and Gray Morality: Cody notes that even if Gwen and he could never happened, he'd be perfectly content to see her back with Trent. He knows that while Trent's tendencies seen on TDA leave something to be desired, he'd show Gwen the same love and affection Cody would, and not take her for granted like Duncan does.
- Didn't See That Coming: Even Alejandro was surprised when Cody voted himself out rather than vote for any of the girls after the Japan challenge.
- Dogged Nice Guy:
- Ezekiel continues to seek Heather's forgiveness for his losing her million dollars from the previous season, even after being knocked around and eliminated, earning advantages for her team and being her only supporter in the final challenge.
- Cody never once blames Gwen for any of the acts she committed with Duncan and remains loyal to a fault.
- Cody also does his best to keep Courtney's spirits up while she deals with the aftermath of Duncan cheating on her and being ostracized by the others for her Type-A attitude, all despite Courtney seemingly deriding him at every turn.
- Heel Realization: More like a OCD realization; Sierra admits that Cody means so much to her that her fangirl tendencies get the best of her and that while she's made efforts to restrain them, the presence of other girls that could take Cody away brings them right back out.
- Humiliation Conga: Flushed down the Alcatraz sewer line, crapped on by wild animals, cold-cocked by an injured Cody, and flinging yourself off a hotel roof into a dumpster. Poor Al.
- I Can't Believe a Guy Like You Would Notice Me: Inverted when it comes to Cody and Heather; he's completely oblivious to her advances, i.e. Taking care of his bird, getting him to bulk up, letting him take leadership, until she pretty much screams the fact that she likes him during their date in Tokyo.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: The reason Owen approves of Izzy hooking up with Noah, and played with when Cody confesses that he can't choose one girl over the others, remembering what Trent told him, "Think of her first", knowing that no matter who he chose, there would be 4 disappointed girls. It's that understanding that convinces Cody to vote himself off.
- Jerk Ass: Duncan. Guy didn't even bat an eyelash at Gwen breaking up with him over how she lost her friends and respect because of their manipulations and ignoring the unhealthiness of her relationship with the punk.
- Manipulative Bastard: Duncan, at the beginning of the season, anyway, but Alejandro takes the cake, pulling strings and bribing his way through people to get back at Noah after being eliminated, get back on the show, and win a challenge or two.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Alejandro to Cody. Even Chris is disgusted by it.
- Oh, Crap: Turns out to be a literal one for Alejandro during the Alcatraz challenge when Heather's manipulations send him on a one-way trip through the prison's sewer line. and then having the animals take a quick potty break...
- Only in It for the Money: The reason Justin betrayed Noah and had him eliminated, as well as how Alejandro "won" the raffle to re-enter the contest and convinced Chef to help him beat out the girls in the Japanese Souvenir challenge. Justin's apparent reasoning is that, while $1,000 certainly isn't as much as $5 million, at least it's guaranteed.
- Running Gag: Duncan pretty much Lampshaded the notion that every time his team won they'd get a gift like a gumball machine or a dart board that's "crap" compared to a swimming pool or a furnace. Another would be the Japanese salaryman who's a big fan of Total Drama's candy fish tail commercial and, to Alejandro's great chagrin, won't stop popping up to offer ideas for it.
- Sanity Slippage: After his breakup with Bridgette, Geoff pretty much went from stone cold, geek-seeking psycho up to his elimination to a "BridgeBridgetteBridgetteBridge!" mumbling mental mess on the Aftermath.
- Satellite Love Interest: The focal point of Cody's "The Reason You Suck" speech to Gwen in the Dracula challenge is that she is becoming a mere satellite to Duncan:
Cody: "Gwen, make no mistake, I am grateful you at least you think of me as a friend despite my feeling for you, but I HATE Duncan! Whatever you see in him, I cannot. To me he is a total jackass who makes off on the expense of others. He shows no remorse to the people he hurts and for you to tell me that I have to forcefully align and cope with my most hated adversary being with the girl I would take a bullet and then some for? No… that is too much to ask, even from you…"
Gwen: "Even "you" are against me being with him?"
Cody: "In the end it's your decision, but riddle me this, what do you like about him that doesn't involve shallow outer attraction?"
Gwen: "He and I share the same interests! We like the same movies, music, style…"
Cody: "…do other interests include pulling pranks on others, bullying the weak, arson, and theft? What about all your other interests GWEN? What about your drawings? Have you once made a sketch since dating him? What about the environment? Have you once even mentioned it since going out with him? And what about the rest of your friends? From Courtney to DJ you always caved in to Duncan on giving everyone else the cold shoulder! I am not saying this just so you would go out with me! Because I know damn well that telling you this here and now probably blows all chances of future consideration. But I know for one thing that you were never like this when you were with Trent! I am telling you this because I bottled it inside me since Greece! DUNCAN IS WRONG FOR YOU!"
- Taking the Bullet: Happens in the pirate challenge when Trent sees a cannonball, fired by Geoff in his vengeful state, flying towards Cody and pushes him out of the way, taking the shot. Turns out, unlike most injuries in the show, to be "serious" enough by Chris's standards that Trent requires medical attention and is ousted from the game as a result.
- Tsundere: Heather and to a lesser extent, Courtney towards Cody.