Three of Me: School Society
(formerly Three of Me vs. School Society
) is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic High School AU Fanfic
by the author Killjoy.
It's about the author's self-insert
Razor Graze and... well, a lengthy explanation is in order.
Basically, he took the Good Angel, Bad Angel
concept, mixed it with Double Consciousness
, and took the whole thing Up to Eleven
. Razor has two "separate consciences" that manifest themselves as "light and dark" versions of himself, named Kill and Joy. Also, they are apparently Omniscient
, as they somehow have knowledge of things like Cupcakes
and the TARDIS
. Recently, he added a third "conscience", Grace. Along with making it a bit confusing at times as Grace and Graze are only a letter apart, it pretty much invalidates the fic's current title.
Other characters have multiple consciences too, most notably Pinkie Pie, who repeatedly attempts to rape Razor
because her consciences are in love with his, but he's dating Derpy. Pretty much every OC that appears in the fic also has at least one "conscience", too.
Even if you don't count the consciences, there really are a lot of characters
. It's gotten to the point where entire chapters can go by without a single canon character appearing, with the possible exception of Derpy, Razor's love interest.
This fic should NOT be confused with the remake, Everfree and Tartarus
, which is improved to a quite surprising degree. This page is about the original, vastly inferior "School Society" version.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Pinkie Pie, thanks to the influence of Surprise.
- Beach Episode: The chapter "TO THE BEACH !"
- Black Comedy Rape:
- The intent of the Pinkie scene. It just comes off as creepy and forced.
- Both "Marepocalypse" chapters, though it occurs in other scenes as well.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Fleur de Lis latches onto Razor and tries to drive everyone else away from him.
- Coitus Ensues: Some of the excuses for sex are very flimsy.
- Cool Guns: In the Airsoft chapter, the Barrett M82, UMP-45, and FN F2000.
- Cross Over: With the fic Living The Dream, the only story on FimFiction with more comments than this one, for "Surprise Encounter and HOOFBALL!" and the "CROSSOVER OF CONSCIENCES" chapters.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It's quicker to name the OCs that don't have one.
- Deadpan Snarker: The entire cast in general, but Kill and Joy in particular.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Razor's mother died when he was young. Silent Charge, Ice and Shadow/Light all lost both parents in the events that led to them getting their cutie marks. In all cases, the lost parents are remembered fondly.
- Doorstopper: 250,000 words and still going strong.
- Don't Like, Don't Read: The author's standard policy to criticism.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Most notably, both "Marepocalypse" chapters, though it occurs in other scenes as well.
- Easily Forgiven: LightBlade is instantly integrated into Razor's group of friends even though he made multiple attempts on most of their lives.
- Featureless Plane of Disembodied Dialogue: Becomes very common in the later chapters, especially since Kill and Joy don't use dialogue tags.
- Flanderization: As the story progresses, several characters fall victim to this. CrackShot starts to become possessive of toilet paper, for instance.
- Gender Bender: Happens to Razor...multiple times.
- Guns Do Not Work That Way: The Airsoft battle scene manages to get almost everything wrong about both Airsoft and real guns, including a sniper rifle that somehow manages to produce a tremendous report despite firing air-propelled plastic BBs, an M16 that is referred to as a "carbine rifle", and a pair of "quad-barreled shotguns".
- Heel-Face Turn: This is how many of Razor's friends are made.
- High School AU
- Irrational Hatred: There's no good reason for ShadowBlade to ever have initially attacked the main characters.
- Karma Houdini: ShadowBlade's only punishment for his initial actions is a number of broken bones. After his next attempt to kill Razor and his friends, they practically reward him.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are easily twenty characters before the story's even halfway done.
- Mood-Swinger: A consequence of having the consciences. At least, when the writer remembers the characters have them.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Razor is prone to this after instances when he loses control of his temper.
- Mysterious Past: Up until chapter 19, we know very little of the OCs' backstories. Since then, though, the story of how each new character got their cutie mark is a staple to their introduction.
- Posthumous Character: Razor's mother, Grace.
- Put on a Bus: Non-OC recurring characters are prone to being forgotten about for chapters on end.
- Random Events Plot: Most of the story arcs are this, namely the "Helping Out" chapters.
- Revenge Before Reason: ShadowBlade conquered a mostly-shattered skeleton for the chance to completely end Razor.
- Sadistic Teacher: Mr. Charge, who is supposedly dedicated to strictness and order but usually just comes off as a random dick.
- Selective Obliviousness: A lot of conflict is created this way.
- Self Insert: Razor Graze. In addition, many other OCs are basically self-inserts of the author's friends.
- A Simple Plan: In the "Helping Out" arc, all Razor wants to do is get back to his room and spend his day off with Ditzy. Because fate despises him, he spends the entire day trying to do this.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Special mention goes to Kill, but nearly every character is prone to this at times.
- Write Who You Know: Many reviewers have been written into the story as new students.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: Punctuation errors are common, although they are less frequent in the later chapters.
- Yandere: Fleur de Lis.
- Your Mom: Graze insults some generic bullies by saying that they probably inherited their small penises from their mothers. The implications of this are unclear.
- Yuri Fan: Graze, who takes advantage of his Gender Bender to hook up with lesbian females and uses a sniper scope to spy on two female friends of his having sex.