Fan Fic / This Means War!
This Means War!
is a Mega Crossover
between Harry Potter
, Maximum Ride
, and all of Rick Riordan
's works. Basically, all the characters who didn't know they had books in the Muggle/human/mortal world find out, and then they basically get jealous of each other's books because of popularity issues. So, they decide to challenge each other, assuming they'll become more popular because, quote Annabeth: "Somone will write about it, or something." After a series of events, they finnally contact each other through a medium called WhizFace
. All of them, along with an OC
named Ryan, arrange to meet at a certain place. Then they proceed to undergo a series of Tasks
and war games
, gaining popularity because of, ironically, the fanfiction itself. Somewhere along the way, they find out all the major villains are coming back (even those from Twilight
, which one at first thinks are there for comic relief). Now, strange things are happening, major changes are occuring, and our heroes must team up to once again save the world from the forces of evil.
Not to be mixed up with This Means War
by Jeconais - a somewhat Marysueish Harry/Ginny fic where Everybody Lives
. Still worth reading.
Other than those in the original works, this fic contains examples of:
- Author Avatar: According to Word of God, (me!) Ryan started out as one but then evolved into something else...
- Big NO: Angel after having her mind-control fail on Harry due to Bella's mental shield.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: It's kind of a Running Gag with this guy.
- [Percy: "There's no way they could fit all that in there, unless they make the whole thing, like, a huge control panel with buttons all over the place."]
- Departmentof Redundancy Department: A LOT.
- Everything Makes a Mushroom: When Carter and Sadie's chariot explodes, Percy can see the mushroom cloud all the way from the finish line.
- Game-Breaker: Jason has control over the wind, making Quidditch pretty much unlosable for him. However, Angel averts this by making Travis turn around just as he's about to catch the Snitch.
- Heinz Hybrid:
- Ryan is a mutant demigod wizard who was bitten by a vampire and a werewolf at the same time. (Fortunately, vampire and werewolf venoms are polar opposites, so they canceled each other out, saving him many a hideous transformation.) Oh, and his great-great-great-great-whatever-grampa was a pharaoh.
- Princess Buttrflykiss, as well, is a hyrid between a unicorn, pegasus, hippocampus, and thestral , all of which are hybrids themselves.
- Joke Character: The Twilight cast is chalk-full of them, although, they do win one competition, so they're not competely useless...
- I Have Many Names: The Voice to Travis.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Esa sure seems to think so.
- Last of Her Kind: Princess Butterflykiss, the Crumple-Horned Snorkack .
- Manchurian Agent: Ryan .
- The Nondescript: During his first introduction, Ryan is frequently described as looking like an average teenager.
- Original Character: Ryan, as well as Princess Butterflykiss, Esa, Jasmine, and Ash.
- Out of Character: Piper and the Twilight characters, due to the Rule of Funny.
- Overly Long Name: Princess Butterflykiss.
- Only One Name:
- [Ryan: "I am Ryan. Just Ryan."]
- Plot Hole: Bella shouldn't have been able to see the unicorns, considering the fact that she's not a virgin.
- Incorrect assumption, unicorns are perfectly visible. Virginity affects whether they allow you to interact with them.
- Running Gag:
- Rule of Funny: Pretty much the only reason the Twilight characters are so OOC .
- Shout-Out: Let's see, there's...
- Song Fic: about 1/3 of Chapter 13 is one.
- Winged Unicorn: Ginny rides one in Chapter 13.