Fan Fic / They Just Dont Care Anymore
They Just Don't Care Anymore (abreviated to TJDCA) is a Transformers crack fic
written by Ultimos-11.
Set shortly after season three, the majority of the Autobot and Decepticon forces have become apathetic, insanely idiotic or just plain jerkasses. Led by the grossly inept Optimus Prime and his right hand man (and brains of the group) Jazz, the Autobots try to defend the world from the evil (and mostly) insane Decepticons, such as the even inepter Galvatron and his stressed out assistant Cyclonus. Naturally, Jazz and Cyclonus have to struggle really, really hard to stop their leaders and teammates from screwing up...it's not easy.
As of chapter 20, it also features the Author's OCs
, a vampire, a mechanic wielding a giant alien gauntlet, a girl with super strength, a pyrokinetic, a young weretiger, a cryokinetic, a mutant, a lad with lightning abilities, the mysterious second in command and a necromancer/demon with ambiguous loyalties.is starting a character sheet
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Jenny, Crystal, James and Ashlyn all had these (not that Ashlyn cares).
- Alliterative Name: Wiley Watcher.
- Ambiguously Gay: Starscream's ghost, who made out with Springer (Springer did it by accident, although it's unknown whether Starscream's ghost knew about it) and runs into a ladies rest room at the zoo, and Daniel, who calls a gunnery sergeant dreamy.
- An Ice Person: Yukikaze and James.
- Ax-Crazy: Blades, who is considered to be even more violent and stupid than the Dinobots
- Badass Crew: The Minions, ranging from a cryokinetic, a pyrokinetic, a weretiger and a necromancer, among others.
- Badass Normal: Sara, despite not having any powers at all, has extensive combat abilities and wields a pair of kukris.
- Berserk Button: Many, for example, don't call Air Raid a Canadian chick, don't ask Inferno what beats napalm (don't make him happy either, that's even worse) and for the love of God, don't insult Galvatron's queen (Cyclonus).
- Butt Monkey: Starscream's ghost and Dirge.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Optimus has a massive force of Autobots attack the Decepticons. Why? Because Skywarp snuck into the Autobot base and stole one of his sodas.
- Groin Attack: The Decepticon allied Beastformer, Brown Gyro, uses a power staff to shield himself from the attacks of Jungaroo. His response? To kick Brown Gyro in the nads, defeating him.
- Idiot Ball: Almost always held by Galvatron, but he shares it with Optimus.
- Jerkass: Lots, Cliffjumper, Cosmos, Wheeljack, Blitzwing, Slingshot, Hot Rod, Galvatron, Daniel and Sparky.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Galvatron, in a bout of incredible stupidity, kidnaps and threatens to kill Fred Phelps if he is not given rulership of the world, as he mistakes him for a celebrity. Not only do people not care, but they activley encourage him to kill him.
- Kids Are Cruel: Daniel delights in calling Sara a minor character, although later the tides are turned.
- Killed Off for Real: Despite the many characters returning from the dead, Prowl, Ratchet and Windcharger are confirmed to stay deceased...zombies on the other hand...
- Ludicrous Speed: Used by Galvatron to pursue the Autobots in the fleeing Fortress Maximus. Taken Up To Eleven by Optimus, who insisted on going to Oh Shiiiii-! Speed in order to catch up. Naturally, his crew abandons him.
- No Kill Like Overkill: Astrotrain takes control of a meteorite and forces it to crash into a city just to kill Dirge.
- Noodle Incident: Much of the Minions pasts are these.
- Offhand Backhand: Ashlyn delivers one to Sparky when he's panicking about zombies
- Only Sane Man: Cyclonus for the Decepticons, Jazz for the Autobots.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Vlad doesn't transform into a single bat, or even into a man/bat hyrbid, instead he transforms into a whole flock of bats.
- Parental Abandonment: Ashlyn's parent's abandoned her as a baby because she looked like a demon.
- Playing with Fire: Inferno, Fireflight, Kaen, Crystal and Ashlyn.
- Pyro Maniac: Again, Inferno.
- Running Gag: Dirge dying and Starscream's ghost being called a freak in almost every chapter.
- They Killed Kenny: Dirge, to the point that he dresses as him as Halloween...and dies...repeatedly.
- Too Dumb to Live: Almost all of the Decepticons, but the Autobots aren't much better. But especially the Dinoforce, who are considered dumb even by Decepticon Standards.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Errol can change shapes between a weretiger, a man/tiger hyrbid and a human, Vlad can transform into a flock of vampire bats, and Aku can switch between "human" and evil black mist.