Fan Fic: The Throne Of Mnemosyne
This is An Elsewhere Fic of Mahou Sensei Negima that takes place two years before the main story line. Revolving around a 40 year old man named Alexander Cipher and the people he meets and forms bonds with along the way. Among other things, it attempts to fill in the one major Plot Hole the author perceives. Namely, how the hell people could people ever deny or forget about the existence of magic when it’s that damn overt damnit! Look it up here
- Aerith and Bob: Hey, if the main series does it…
- All of the Other Reindeer: Alexander. There is a good reason for this, if good=logical instead of our traditional interpretation of “good reason“ that is.
- Anti-Magic: Alex is totally and completely immune to any mind-affecting spell and broadcasts this immunity to others within a small radius of himself. It also negates scrying attempts for some reason. Cancelling these things out, however, gives him a headache proportionate to the power of the spell hitting him and anyone within his area of effect. Minor illusions and cognizance fields are just annoying, major illusions or attempts to erase memory inflict debilitating pain. Booze cures it, pain killers don’t.
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Most of the main characters.
- Big Brother Is Watching: Mentioned and dismissed.
- Bi the Way: Paula likes to see people naked regardless of gender.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Law of Conservation of Detail tells all.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Paula. She enjoys the entire spectrum of sleaze, but really wants people to be happy. Naked, sweaty, and happy preferably, but happy above all else.
- Confessional: Used seriously. Inverted as it’s actually the Catholic priest that confesses to the guy who doesn‘t exactly believe in God. Played Straight as well, as it’s not the first time said person has visited the confessional.
- Darker and Edgier: Kind of. One of the author’s main goals is to deconstruct the concept of The Masquerade so it has to have some rather dark elements. Yet it still errs on the side of Idealism overall, much like the main series does.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Most of the main cast.
- Drives Like Crazy: Jason.
- Drunken Master: Jason Sneck
- Emotionless Girl: Alexander is a Gender Flipped reexamination of this. He feels emotion, but they are disconnected from him on a subconscious level. So he seems emotionless though he really and truly isn‘t.
- Expy: A few characters or moments should strongly remind you of others you’ve seen/read/played.
- Good Feels Good: The reason behind Alexander’s Heel-Face Turn during his backstory.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Paula.
- Magitek: Scott bitches about this in Chapter Two. Koine likes making it and hates The Masquerade because it keeps her from getting some good scientists on her team.
- Otaku: Scott is outright stated as being one of these. It shows.
- Shipper on Deck: Paula.
- Shout-Out: A full metric ton of them. Hey, it’s not like Akamatsu can control himself either. Just look at the Mahou Sensei Negima! shout out tab. Better yet, read his work yourself, there’s pry some stuff we all missed!
- Shown Their Work: Interesting if little known facts are in there if you look close enough.
- Tagalong Kid: Itsuki Emiya
- The Masquerade: Deconstructed
- Tsundere: Mikoto Inari
- You All Meet in an Inn: Or in this case, you all meet at Stonehenge. Justified in story.
- You Wanna Get Sued?: Averted for the most part. Characters call things what you would probably call them in real life. This is only possible because the author does not in any way intend to profit from his efforts in a monetary sense.