The TSAB-Acturus War is a military science-fiction fanfic set in the Nanohaverse. As of 9 July 2010, it has reached 11 chapters and 44,998 words on FF.net. The story follows the war between the creator made Democratic Republic of Acturus and the familiar TSAB of MGLN. The cause of the war is rather complex and briefly touched upon, but it's a bit of an excuse for some action between the two powers.
It features quite a few characters but only a few have been kept alive. The folks that remain are used as viewpoint characters.
Can be found at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5802489/1/The_TSAB_Acturus_War
There are several tropes showcased in it.
- All There in the Manual - Several things not mentioned in the story are covered in the author's forum posts.
- Anyone Can Die - and many do
- Dark Fic - It has been described as "in the grim darkness of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, there is only war."
- Deadpan Snarker - Sergeant Hennessey is a smartass. (He does get a knee to the groin for his snarking in Chapter 11)
- Elsewhere Fic - Most of the characters are original characters on both sides of the war. However, Acturus is winning in terms of how many of their original characters are still alive.
- Gun Porn - Upon occasion.
- Growing the Beard - The writing has improved considerably since the first chapter. YMMV, though.
- More Dakka - Practically the only way for Acturan infantry to do any sort of damage to mages with their standard rifles.
- Schematized Prop - A few. The T-70A3 tank and GCR-19 assault rifle have had this treatment.
- Shout Outs - Many. Includes references to everything from Heavy Metal to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Tank Goodness - The Acturan T-70A3 MBT. It uses magic to give it an effective armor thickness of several meters. It also mounts a 127mm smoothbore electrothermal combustion light fluid gun. This troper would describe it as a Cool Tank.
- Technology Porn - It happens when certain things are described. YMMV as to whether or not it detracts from the story.
- War Fic - It is in the title.