The Queen Who Fell To Earth
and it's sequel On The Wings of Dragons
is a Cross Over
between Harry Potter
and The Dragonriders Of Pern.
Forced to compete and abandoned by his friends, Harry Potter steps from the tent with only one goal in mind, suicide. Instead he awakens a power that spans time and space and starts a war between the worlds.
The Queen Who Fell To Earth provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Asshole Victim: Umbridge who is unceremoniously dumped Between.
- Bond Creatures: The Dragons.
- The Chains of Commanding: Many times, characters will make a reference to Harry taking on too much effort on his shoulders.
- Crapsack World: Harry has to look out for people trying to exploit his dragons both in the Wizarding World and in the muggle world.
- Despair Event Horizon: Harry after being ostracized by his classmates after his name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, he's ready to commit suicide but he gets better after he Impresses.
- It gets mentioned that, whenever a dragon or a rider dies, the other member of the dragon-rider partnership will pass this.
- Dragon Rider: Of course.
- Fate Worse than Death: Voldemort's ultimate fate is to become a muggle curiosity and science experiment.
- Percy Weasley, who decided to spy on a group of magical terrorists, was given a Draught of Living Death and then awakened, which meant he was awake but unable to interact with anyone. He was found before he went mad, fortunately.
- Fluffy the Terrible: all of the dragons.
- Gambit Pileup: despite being about a squadron of dragonriders it's very much a political thriller where everyone has their own agenda.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Harry worries about this given the lengths he has to go to in order to protect dragonkind.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: just like in both source canons.
- Make Room For The New Plot: How the conflict with Voldemort is resolved.
- Tom the Dark Lord: apart from the Trope Namer who gets offed soon into the story anyway, there is terrorist Carlos the Gerbil, who picked his name in an attempt to draw a parallel with Carlos the Jackal, without knowing what a gerbil actually is.
- Took a Level in Badass: Harry.
- Uplifted Animal: Dragons arenít just animals ó they are sentient. Since much of the Wizarding World's economy is based on dragon products they refuse to acknowledge this.