Fan Fic / The Order of Koaxia
The Order of Koaxia
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfictio
n by Hell Ryden
A crossover that is simply MASSIVE in scale, The Order of Koaxia draws inspiration from countless forms of media, be they anime, manga, fantasy, or video games. Joining the idyllic land of Equestria with a much larger, much more dangerous Multiverse, the story focuses on the Mane Six, watching as they are forced to inherit and understand a set of strange new powers, powers that somehow intertwine with the Elements of Harmony...
- Action Girl: Rainbow Dash when trying to fight off/escape from Melchior's assault. And, surprisingly, Rarity when she tries to escape Balthazar's ice labyrinth.
- An Ice Person: Balthazar and, to a lesser extent, Rarity.
- Anti-Villain: Despite their attempts to seemingly kill the Mane Six, the members of the Order aren't actually all that bad.
- Apocalypse How: Equestria’s hidden, bloody history during the first invasion of the demons, before their formation into the Burning Legion.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Rainbow Dash and Rarity inherited their new roles when being struck by a ENORMOUS lightning bolt and after executing a quartet of giant Ice Golems, respectively.
- Badass Boast
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: Descartes’ inheritance battle with Fluttershy - rather than confront the pegasus directly, he instead remotely enters her mind from a distance and battles her within her mindscape.
- Bequeathed Power
- Big Damn Heroes: Rainbow Dash in chapter 6 - refer to Dynamic Entry below.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Descartes, when fighting against his old master in chapter 7.
- Break the Cutie: In chapter 7, Descartes begins their encounter by trying to deconstruct Fluttershy's worldview. He fails. Horribly.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: This story contains Pinkie Pie. 'Nuff said.
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The dynamic between Descartes and Fluttershy certainly teases at this towards the end of Chapter 7 - at least, for the brief time that they interact with each other before Descartes’ death.
- Calling Your Attacks: And HOW.
- Casting a Shadow: Summoning an army of shadowy tendrils to rip your opponents to bits!
- The Chains of Commanding: When your personal student and her friends are slowly being attacked, one by one, and you can't do a thing about it. Sometimes being an immortal goddess princess can really suck.
- Color-Coded Elements
- Cool Sword: In her dream sequence, Rainbow Dash wielded Nero's Red Queen, from Devil May Cry. Which is really about as awesome as you can get.
- Applejack using the Buster Sword from Final Fantasy in her dream sequence, to a lesser extent.
- Dark and Troubled Past: It's heavily implied that Descartes has one of these.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Evil, no. Insane, yes.
- Death Glare: Fluttershy's Stare. Dragons and cockatrices aren't the only things it works on.
- Dynamic Entry: Berserk!Rainbow Dash’s entry against the manticore in chapter 6 - she literally thunders down from the sky in her human form and smashes right into its side when it’s seconds away from disemboweling Applejack.
- Enemy Within: Implied to be the curse of the Element of Darkness. Its previous bearer constantly battled against his inner demon after inheriting it.
- Evil Mentor: Descartes’ master, Nietzsche, certainly gives off very strong vibes of this, even before he joined the half of the Order that turned on the other half still loyal to their world.
- Good Eyes, Evil Eyes: Descartes possessed his fair share of creepy eye powers. It's been implied that Fluttershy now possesses these same abilities.
- I Can Still Fight: Normally, having most of your bones cracked or broken, losing a couple pints of blood, and being covered in burns, cuts, and bruises would be enough to take anyone out of a fight. Not if you're Rainbow Dash.
- Jumped at the Call: Surprisingly, Fluttershy.
- Let Them Die Happy: The Order's "current" members seem to enjoy doing this.
- Physical God: Celestia and Luna.
- Playing with Fire: Hinted to be the eventual power of Applejack.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!
- Ride the Lightning: When Melchior needs to catch up to Rainbow Dash.
- Shock and Awe: Melchior and Rainbow Dash.
- Shout-Out: Too many to count!
- Superpowered Evil Side: Remember that inner demon we were talking about earlier...?
- The Power of Friendship: When your memories of your friends come to your defense when some creepy jerk invades your mindscape.
- Or when you need to convince said creepy jerk to calm down and talk things out.
- The Sacred Darkness: Descartes and, presumably, Fluttershy
- Took a Level in Badass: Thus far, Rarity and Rainbow Dash have both managed to do so. Odds are they'll soon be joined by the rest of their friends.
- You Can Barely Stand: Again, cracked/broken bones, inordinate amounts of bloodloss, and countless wounds will typically put someone on their back. Again, not when you're Rainbow Dash