Fanfic / The Lotus Bloom
Written in a collaborative effort between captainkodak1, one of the more well-established members of the Kimmunity, and Rich Sirois, The Lotus Bloom
is one of the classics of the Kim Possible
fandom. The story contains many cliches seen in the fandom. However, this story is probably the one that came up with most of them in the first place.
An illustrated version can be found here
This story provides examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Kim gives one to Ron.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Kim & Ron when they use the Lotus Bloom/Blade respectively.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted big time; Kim frequently ends up dirty, bloodied, bruised, cut, you name it.
- Berserk Button: Hurting either Kim or Ron is one for the other.
- Big Bad: Count Olafinski.
- Big "NO!": Ron lets one out after finding out the safehouse GJ base is located under Camp Wannaweep.
- Bound and Gagged: Kim ends up this way after Ron pretends to betray her.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Kim uses "booyah" on a few occasions.
- Chekhov's Gun: Kim's necklace.
- Continuity Nod: Lots of them.
- Deconstruction Fic: Works as one, as it averts Amusing Injuries & Angst? What Angst?, and shows the consequences Kim & Ron's crimefighting lifestyle would have on them & their families, something the show usually glossed over.
- Despair Event Horizon: Kim reaches it again after Ron turns evil and dumps her for Bonnie. In reality, he was working as a Fake Defector and didn't tell her so her reactions would be more genuine.
- Empathic Weapon: Kim's necklace can transform into a sword, or any weapon she needs, whenever her feelings for Ron are strongest.
- Enemy Mine: Drakken & Shego find themselves forced to help the heroes.
- Face–Heel Turn: Although she's been mean before, Bonnie is a striaght up villain in this one.
- Fake Defector: Ron pretends to join the bad guys so he can rescue his & Kim's families.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Yori feels this way and says as much when she presents Kim & Rom with their necklaces.
- Mood Whiplash: Dear God yes. One minute, the characters will be making jokes & one-liners like on the show, and the next, you'll read about them being bruised or bloodied. It's quite a jarring experience.
- More Than Mind Control: With Bonnie.
- The Power of Love: What fuels the Lotus Bloom is Kim's love for Ron.
- Official Couple: Sticks with the canon pairing of Kim and Ron.
- Our Zombies Are Different: They're normal people turned into loyal drones by spit from Gill.
- Talk to the Fist: Kim does this to Bonnie when the gang makes their escape. Gets an Ironic Echo when Bonnie does the same to Kim after having her at her mercy.
- That Came Out Wrong: When Kim wonders why Bonnie is so interested in the Count, Ron points out that he has lots of money, reminding her how Bonnie acted when he was rich. Kim then notes that Bonnie would date "the biggest dork around" if he had money, and seeing that she offended Ron, quickly changes it to "the greatest guy around."
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Ron gives one to Kim after turning evil, saying she basically used him for her own reasons and abandoned him whenever a hot guy came along. Although it's part of his Fake Defector act, it's later shown Kim takes it to heart, and vows to never again treat him that way.
- Together in Death: After believing Kim has been killed, Ron tries to pull a Heroic Sacrifice to achieve this. Luckily, Kim saves him before he can.
- Unstoppable Rage: Kim or Ron usually display it if the other is hurt. Ron especially after the Count mocks Kim's supposed death.
- We Can Rule Together: The Count offers Ron this after Kim is supposedly killed, saying he and Ron are Not So Different. Ron's response is to to rush him, swords at the ready
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: The villains use synthrodrones as their mooks and Kim & Ron slice them up with little regard.