Fan Fic: The Lonely Dragacorn
The Lonely Dragacorn is a fanfic written by Stinkfly3. It's a crossover of Skylanders and Wreck-It Ralph.Summary: While the other Skylanders became toy figures, Whirlwind was accidentally transformed into video game code as she attempt to get back to Skylands during the transporting process. She finds herself in a strange world called Game Central Station, a place where there are no Portal Masters, meaning she can never go back home. A year later, she ends up making some new friends after a battle with some killer insects. But will she ever be able to contact her old friends again?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Defictionalization: In-universe example. Skylands is a real place and the video games are merely hidden monitors so the Portal Masters are able to see what the Skylanders are doing.
- Interspecies Romance: Spyro/Whirlwind, Jet-Vac/Cynder, and Stump Smash/Stealth Elf
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The fanfic starts with Whirlwind attempting to get back to Skylands. She slams her whole body into the energy barrier as an attempt to escape. But instead, she becomes even smaller, eventually transforming into video game code and getting transported into the world of Wreck-It Ralph. The worst part? None of the video game characters are Portal Masters, meaning she can NEVER return home. So while her friends find Portal Masters in the real world so they can return home, Whirlwind is stuck in an unfamiliar place with no way of getting back to Skylands.
- Shown Their Work: Whirlwind is stuck in Game Central Station for a whole year. At that point, she meets the four main characters of Wreck-It Ralph after a massive Cy-Bug invasion. This means Chapter 1 takes place during the events of the Wreck-It Ralph video game, which takes place after the events of the movie. The movie came out in 2012, while the first Skylanders game was launched in 2011.
- Telepathy: All Skylanders have a telepathic communication technique that allows them to talk to each other, even in their toy form.
- The Nicknamer: Wrecking Ball does this to the other Skylanders.