Fanfic / The Golden Age Trilogy
The Golden Age Trilogy is a trilogy of stories
created by Maderfole
set in the Gundam SEED universe. This starts after Gundam SEED ended, which means Gundam SEED Destiny never took place.
The first story, Chaotic Cosmos/CC
, is immediately set after Gundam SEED's ending. Most of the main cast is here, even some Gundam SEED Destiny characters make an appearance, along with a new batch of original characters. It's already the end of the Bloody Valentine War, but a few groups from Gundam SEED aren't too keen on letting the peace last.
The second story, Eden Disaster/ED
, takes place five years after the events of CC take place. After the events of the Second Bloody Valentine War, there is relative peace in the world, until a few events begin that would change the Earth forever. ED also marks the first steps away from Canon, with new technology and different circumstances, but the main cast's still present, although massive Character Development has taken place in CC to make them different from their Canon counterparts.
The third story, Reclamation War/RW
, takes place seven years after ED takes place, and deals with the repercussions of the events of ED, and the eventual war that erupts.
Each story is huge, encompassing a million words and a ton of chapters
This page is a work in progress, so spoilers ahoy!
Aside from the tropes common to Gundam SEED, this fanfic has Examples Of:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Quantum Crystal and OMMB, or Opposed Monopole Magnetic Blade, the latter which can cut through anything, and the former even able to cut through Phase Shift Armor, specifically designed to defend against physical weapons.
- Ace Pilot: Tons, most famous of which is Jeremiah Borander from CC. Unfortunately, it didn't help him survive being fried by the Pulsar's NIC-GRS system.
- Anyone Can Die: No kidding. This IS based from Gundam, after all.
- Ax-Crazy: Zacharis Frost. Hooo boy... And his sibling Cray Thresher also fits the bill.
- Alwaysa Bigger Fish: During the Invasion of Orb in RW, Cagalli is saved from being killed by Executioner Kira Yamato by a BALOR. Kira in turn is saved by Executioner Zacharias Frost waylaying the BALOR shortly after.
- Badass Driver: Robert "Alkire" Jones is known for his insane driving skill coupled with his overly engineered vehicles.
- Big Damn Heroes: Many instances of this. Most notably is Athrun Zala literally catching a ball of pure antimatter and diverting it away from his allies during the battle of Carpentaria in ED.
- Body Bag Trick: Both Athrun and Cagalli were sedated and stored in caskets in smuggle them into Orb in CC.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: During the fall of Orb in the Isolation at the end of CC, Frost literally had Kira Yamato handed to him on a silver platter after trying to kill him for most of the story and left him alive after 'poisoning him'. Those choices are what ultimately lead to Frosts defeat in the Battle of Denver.
- Bullet Catch: Kira Yamato in the Battle of Carpentaria in ED. Especially impressive since the bullet was an invisible mono-disc that flew with a curved trajectory and Kira caught it using a Mobile Suit with the traditional foot-pedal and control stick cockpit.
- The Cavalry: Many instances of this. A good example of this is the Stormhound HALO drop into Switzerland in ED to save Kira, Lacus, Dearka and Mir from a Brotherhood attack on their vacation to the Swiss Alps, arriving just as the Clyne Faction was about to be overrun.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Dearka, full stop. On the one hand, he makes a ton of dirty jokes, takes naughty photos of the main girls, and is far from able to restrain himself from spilling the beans of whatever dirty things his friends have been up to. On the other hand, he's completely devoted to Miriallia, and Lord take pity on you should you merely think of making her even slightly uncomfortable. He also tends not to do much with the photos, and mainly seems to take them solely so he can say he did.
- Clean Cut: Deathshriek the QC Scythe. Normal QC weapons, FRAL As, and OM Bs can do this as well, but not as clean as Deathshriek.
- Covert Pervert: Kira Yamato especially during his second puberty, who's best described as a Knight in Shining Armor, and yet he's probably one of the dirtier individuals here. The spoilered part is kind of Justified, as anyone who knows how puberty works will tell you.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Anytime Frost faces off against a non-main character and sometimes even against the main cast.
- Cycleof Revenge: In CC, Yzak and Asmodeus engaged in this, causing scenes such as the Sadistic Choice in the bowels of Jihad and Yzak storming Porta Panama entirely by himself.
- Dangerously Close Shave: Zacharias "Kira" Frost takes his title of anti-hero seriously in RW. He likes to 'shave' people.
- Dareto Be Badass: Too many occasions to count.
- Darker and Edgier: Torture, genocide, and many more events occur here, especially after Chapter 52 of CC. It takes it to a whole new level first a tad in ED, and beyond that in RW. And don't even get me started on the beginning of RW with Kira-Frosts's rampage in Orb.
- Deep Cover Agent: Martin Da Costa in RW. He poses as Durandel's aide all the while collecting evidence to get him thrown out of office.
- Denof Iniquity: Can usually be found near Arnold "Hazy" Zala both as a drug lord in ED and as a leader in the Reclaimer Initiative in RW.
- Emergency Stash: Taken to the extreme where the Gundams are stashed away at the beginning of CC in case they were needed. They were.
- The Empath: When it's revealed that Lacus Clyne is an Active Newtype, Kira, Anthrun, and (shortly after) the rest of the Archangel's crew realize Lacus is a sort of reverse one of these, in that she can impart the emotions she is feeling onto others through her songs.
- Exotic Weapon Supremacy: Who actually fights with a scythe? (Though granted, part of it is probably because Frost is something of a super-soldier)
- Frickin' Laser Beams: FRALA, also known as Focused Repeatedly Amplified Light Array. Probably one of the few things that can punch through Positron shields.
- Fun with Acronyms: EDEN, OMMB, DND, FRALA, the list goes on and on...
- Gunship Rescue: The Archangel, once the Clyne Faction gets out of JIHAD.
- Grey Goo: Blue and Black EDEN. The former is a classic example, while the latter is probably better described as a nanobot made black hole.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Athrun and Cagali get saddled with this in CC, due to a mix of a very successful Blue Cosmos smear campaign, being in the wrong place and doing the wrong thing at the wrong time (Namely, a very erotic game of Twister at a cabin that had been bugged by Blue Cosmos), and Athrun being Patrick Zala's son.
- Hidden Depths: Zacharis Frost, of all people. He actually has a pretty good grasp on how love (as in the emotion), of all things, works (though his description on how he expresses it is warped by his insanity). He even points out that Ashino has a crush on a girl because his recent behavior fits within how Frost described love (and he's completely right.)
- Hollywood Healing: Subverted, characters can and have been horribly maimed during the story.
- Honor Among Thieves: Jean Dylan, probably the most renowned backstabber in the story, went against his normal behavior in ED by trying to go rescue a captured comrade when he decided to leave the Brotherhood. He was shot in the back and killed a moment later but it was the thought that counted.
- Lifeor Limb Decision: Blue EDEN tends to cause this, assuming you're fast enough to stop it from just eating you completely.
- Marked Bullet: Clay, air gun shells reserved to Haro Hunting in CC. "Burn in Hell, you damned machine"
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Everyone agrees that when Lacus Clyne and Kira Yamato says a place (the JIHAD facility) needs to be destroyed, then the place needs to be blown deeper than Hell
- Something Completely Different: The pilots find themselves on the ground, without Gundams, just with their wits and their skills to get out alive.
- Teen Genius: Noah Borander, Kira Yamato, technically all pubescent Edenites can be considered this.