Fan Fic: The Ed, Edd n Eddy Project
"Only on Dreadzone X where you can be part of the battle.
York the Impaler: Act V, Ch. 29
A trilogy that is a challenge. A challenge where to get the "What If?
" scenario and write it out, all to get the following result. Written by Cory of PRIVATE Corp
and original concept by the Midevillombax
, the Cross Over
trilogy comprises of an loosely based chain-of-events that will eventually pay off in the end with a glorious battle.
The first story in the Project, Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: Deadlocked
is a Cross Over
with the Ed boys
and the Ratchet & Clank
universe. The story takes the Eds
through the works of the installer gladiatorial game show
, Dreadzone X
. If was first conceive over a conversation at lunch, saying "What would happen if the Eds are place in DreadZone
?" The next thing: Applying a situation that involves the Eds being abducted by the aliens
from the Cartoon Network Invaded
mini-series and sending them to the Polaris galaxy, where Gandolfini Birman
is running former Gleeman Vox's position as head of Dreadzone. With an all new twist to this game, the Eds will fight through the ranks to make it to the top and hopefully get out alive. And the rest is history. It's pretty much getting the Eds to fight alongside a faceless
teen wielding a katana
, all while facing a ditz
of a hero, an Expy
of a monster, an unknown being, a robot named after the creator
, and another robot that's supposed to be dead
, all while winning challenges that are meant to be killing them and being commentated by a muscle man
and a mood swinging
devil child. Yep, the Eds got their work cut out.
You can read the first story here
The sequel to Deadlocked
, Kingdom Hearts: An Ed, Edd n Eddy Story
, is almost complete, taking the Eds for a ride through the Cartoon Network
universe and exploring all the shows that make up the channel. Along with such hits, they are taking on The Heartless
, fighting villains for other shows, and dealing with a super powerful being
. Much like Deadlocked
, Kingdom Hearts
is more or less taking on the whole crossover pairing with the two series itself, and in the end: it pays off. In short: the Eds are looking for their friends that went missing because of the hunt for the Pure Hearted, all while figuring out that there is a much bigger evil waiting in store, and it turns out to be someone that they know of. It can be read here
A third and final story is Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Meister Within
, takes place two years after Kingdom Hearts
has been recently published, and a three way crossover between the Ed Boys
, Soul Eater
, and Samurai Jack
. No further details about the plot are given, but so far, this story takes place ON EARTH
instead of space, two of the Eds
are meisters while the third Ed
is a demon weapon
, and the main villain of this final story is Aku and The Man in Shadows
. There are plans for six Interquels
as well, with three in the middle of each story. The first of the interquels, Combat Racing: The Organization Cup,
takes place in-between Kingdom Hearts
and Meister Within
and it follows the same plot from another writer's story, only apply new concepts and a better performance than the first story.
This is in need of a few pages...
This fan-fiction provides examples of:
open/close all folders
Tropes Common in Each Story
- Adaptational Badass: Eds, compared to canon.
- All There in the Manual: There is a Wiki page for this trilogy
- Author Avatar: Mask Hero
- Badass Longcoat:
- Deadlocked: Mask Hero, "Deadeye" James and Cad Bane
- Meister Within: At this point... Ed
- Bash Brothers: Would it be possible to count all three Eds as this?
- Big Bad:
- Deadlocked: Gandolfini Birman
- Kingdom Hearts: The Destroyer of Light a.k.a. Jib
- Meister Within: Aku
- Bigger Bad: The Man in Shadows
- Beware the Silly Ones: Ed. For your own good, do not stand close when his sister is harmed
- Boss Banter: It's written fiction. It's really hard to write an action-oriented story without some form of dialogue (depending on the opponent)
- Creator Cameo: Besides the obvious Antonucci, PRIVATE Corp and the Medieval Lombax make their own appearances in each story.
- Deadlocked: Cory didn't make a true appearance, but the Medieval Lombax appeared as a contestant wielding a chainsaw before getting promoted to an Exterminator.
- Kingdom Hearts: For now, Word of God is saying that Cory and the Medieval Lombax are going to get the same amount of time during this story.
- Third story: Unknown for the time being.
- The Dragon:
- Deadlocked: Dr. Nefarious
- Kingdom Hearts: Father
- Third story: Unknown
- Grappling-Hook Pistol / Killer Yo-Yo: Eddy's preferred weapon of choice. He finally gets a physical one in Kingdom Hearts after seven chapters to go along with a shield on his back. There is a possibly of them returning in the third story.
- Heroes Want Redheads: especially shown in Kingdom Hearts
- Hidden Depths: Ed, who got upgraded from a Too Dumb to Live fan of cheap horrors to Cloudcuckoolander-ish all-around comic/movie/video game geek who is able to point out/make cultural references. He mentions having NES, SNES and GBA in his room.
- Improbable Weapon User: ... Just let your mind figure this out
- Katanas Are Just Better:
Mask Hero Mark's preferred type of sword
- Loads and Loads of Characters: And this doesn't count the number of enemies that the Eds face. Taken to the extreme levels in Combat Racing with a total over 200 characters! Then it gets easier to remember all of the racers in the future acts
- Mega Crossover
- Non Sequitur Thud: Eddy is not immune to this, even in this trilogy
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Throughout the stories, not once has the author mention Edd by either that or his full Eddward. The only time the latter is said is through the said Ed's personal moments
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Eddy
- Power Trio: The Eds, obviously
- Rule of Three: The trilogy runs on this. There are way too many examples to be pointed out. Try making a drinking game out of all of the Rule of Three.
- Word of God admits there will be tons coming in the third story.
- Sequential Boss: For all three stories
- Shout-Out: Now with its own page
- Take That: View each folder for each reason
- Took a Level in Badass: Ed, Edd and Eddy
- Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny: As long as this is a fighting trilogy, this trope is going to have the Eds facing off against a whole slew of fighters, including familiar faces and original characters
- Universal-Adaptor Cast
- X Meets Y And Z
# 01 Deadlocked
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The sewers on Hydrous. The fact that the sewers themselves take up the entire core of the planet and is home to millions of Nitebites, and a large underground temple that houses the nest, make these sewers absolutely huge.
- And the sewers of Val-haven in Act I, Chapter 05.
- Accidental Aiming Skills: Sort of in Act IV, Ch. 23. Mask Hero was trying to hit a Transmorpher-fused tank turret, but Edd got in the middle of the hit.
- Act IV, Ch. 24 feature one moment to where Marsha was trying to shoot at Eddy, but was startled by York, all to end up shooting Sarah in the head. All to trigger one very mad Ed...
- Achilles' Heel: Dr. Nefarious haves Steel-graded raritanium for armor and Act IV, Ch. 21 shows what can destroy it.
- Aliens and Monsters: And Robots. Don't forget the robots.
- Aliens Speaking English: See Translator Microbes below
- All Just a Dream: Zig-zagged. The whole thing happened during one night. Kankers and Sarah are still alive. But then it's revealed that everybody in the cul-de-sac remembers what happened and Eddy and Edd still have their yo-yos, Telekinesis Gem and bolts gathered during the tournament.
- All There in the Manual: In-Universe, Jonny has the rulebook on him, explaining most of the rules that prevents the Eds from doing any slacking off in Dreadzone.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Despite being completely normal most of the time, the people on West Sark are extreme cultists and proud robotic/organic warriors.
- Amusing Injuries: Only applies to Ed and Eddy. Elsewhere... not so much "amusing"
- Artificial Limbs: "Deadeye" James' left eye and right hand; Gandolfini's left arm
- Author Appeal: The only reason for the Vreedle Brothers, Octagon and Rhomboid, being in the series is that the writer actually enjoys them, coming from Ben 10: Alien Force.
- Sedah is based upon Hades, a favorite Disney villain of the writer's.
- Awesome Moment of Crowning: Edd gets one from Act IV, Ch. 22, to where he is crown the ruler of an ENTIRE moon Cult!
- Awesome Yet Practical: Wait for it... The Zodiac... TWO! Though fan-made, it adds more to the original Zodiac and bumping things Up to Eleven
- Back for the Finale: The majority of the cast in Act V, Ch. 31. Well, anyone that made it pass the one-shot or not dead.
- Badass Normal: The Eds (kinda), Mask Hero, "Deadeye" James, Gandolfini Birman and Cad Bane
- Bad Ass Santa: S.A.N.T.A.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: Act V, Ch. 31, with Nefarious for the Mechanical Reaper 10K-X
- Berserk Button: Act IV, Ch. 24 (the death of Sarah) provides a very good example.
- You do not want to get in-between Marsha and money
- BFG: This is a Ratchet & Clank crossover, so this is a mandatory. Along with new original weapons, they are huge compare to the Eds.
- Averted for the Cricket. Just as long as you don't underestimate this bad boy.
- The Blank: Mask Hero's mask holder that he wears most of the time.
- Bloodless Carnage: Averted and played straight at the same time!
- Bounty Hunters: "Deadeye" James and Cad Bane
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: For some moments of Act I, there are moments to where the Eds broke the fourth wall. The most common line is this:
- Catch Phrase: York: "We'll be here bringing you all the carnage and mayhem next time on Dreadzone X."
- Chainsaw Good: Only once in Act IV, Ch. 23, wielded by the Medieval Lombax.
- Changed My Mind, Kid: Towards the end of Act V, Ch. 31 with Gandolfini towards Nefarious.
- Chekhov's Gun: Edd's Telekinesis Gem
- Gandolfini's left arm. An evil variant of this trope
- The Chessmaster: Gandolfini Birman
- Chew Toy: Though Ed does get beaten a lot by Eddy, it's Eddy that takes more damage than the other Eds combined!
- Chunky Salsa Rule: For one of the two "Random Homicide" events, where one viewer got reduced to almost nothing after getting kick in the nuts, swallowing a whole live grenade, getting shot in the head, the grenade then exploding in his stomach, being run over by Lightning Grease and then the rubble spontaneously bursting into flames.
- Climax Boss: the Mechanical Reaper 10K-X
- Combat Medic: Edd. Since he haves the "Revive" button on his personnel, he can heal all of them if it is necessary, all while trying to stay alive at the same time.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: That's pretty much Dreadzone in a nutshell
- And to be more specific, "Random Homicide"
- Cool Bike: The Hoverbikes, with special mentions to Eddy's pink bike.
- Cool Ship: The Hovership and the Submarite
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Gandolfini, again
- Creator Cameo: Uh, who's the only one with the name Antonucci in this fan-fic?
- Crouching Scholar Hidden Badass: Of all people, Edd most definitely, especially in Act III, Ch. 19.
- Curse Cut Short: Repeated several times for effect. Especially Gandolfini towards the end, with the countdown ticking away.
- Cute Monster Girl: Marsha Violet
- Deadpan Snarker: Eddy, Lawrence and York sometimes, and would you believe Edd of all people got one line in during Act V, Ch. 26.
"Yeah, that'll be the day."
- Death by Irony: So many to list...
- Death Course
- Demoted to Extra: Alas, poor Ratchet and Clank. They are only mentioned in four chapters: Act I, Chapters 04 and 07; Act II, Ch. 08; and Act V, Ch. 31
- Devil in Plain Sight: Gandolfini Birman
- Did You Just...: Insert one of the following:
- Flooded an entire city by the means of a push of a button?
- Cause a giant robot on fire to loose his balance over a puddle of ice?
- Took down a walking nuclear bomb without getting nuclear radiation poisoning?
- Push a hell god into Hell off of a pillar from miles up in the sky?
- Blow up a planet using a nuclear bomb from a failing cargo ship?
- Shot down a robot using a spinning human vent on taking his revenge on the wrong person?
- Brought down an invincible robot with a super attack by the means of three guns?
- Blow up a space station, all done by the villain's careless actions?
- Answer to all of them: OH YEAH!
- Does This Remind You of Anything??: Almost word-for-word in Act IV, Ch. 21. See Shout-Out for the result.
Eddy: "Reminds you of anything?"
- Don't Fear the Reaper: The Mechanical Reaper. Seriously, you can defeat it with a butter knife!
- Don't Try This at Home: "These campaigns were performed by animated teens, creatures and robots. Do NOT try these acts at home. Seriously, you could get really messed up, get thrown in prison, or possibly get killed."
- Double Jump: The Eds get one (despite being literature) - Eddy is natural, Ed only through rockets and Edd with the assistance of the Telekinesis Gem
- Drives Like Crazy: Edd's driving behind anything when the situation gets sticky.
- Drunk with Power: Gandolfini Birman
- Dual Boss: Dr. Nefarious and the Mechanical Reaper 10K-X
- Dungeon Master: Just take a guess.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: With the option of "Challenge Mode," "Repeat Fight," or "Go Home." Just don't let Ed choose it for you...
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Uh... there was an exploding planet in Act III, Ch. 16, but that planet was a gas planet.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Behemoth, Nitebites and their mother and the Extraterrestrial.
- Empathic Weapon: Word of God is saying that the Telekinesis Gem does have a mind of its own.
- Epic Flail: The Scorpion Flail makes it reappearance
- Everybody Hates Sedah: Played straight and averted. Played straight with the demigod overlords and averted with the cultists on Olympus and to the author.
- Everything Is Even Worse With Sharks: Nitebites. A whole swarm of them to make things even worse.
- Everything is Trying to Kill You: If you register for Dreadzone, then this is what you'll be facing.
- Everything's Better with Spinning: Eddy's hair, the Dual Cyclos/Exos Yo-yo's, some of the Eds' tag-team moves, and the Micro Spinner.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: Oh yeah
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The EMP gun haves "EMP" written directly on it.
- Executive Meddling: An In-Universe example, as Gandolfini being the one running everything that is Dreadzone. Since he produces more bolts than the film studios, who are airing his show, can within a YEAR, he can control them without dealing with other executives. Plus, how else can he maintain his money if he can't control the fates of every last gladiator in Dreadzone?
- Explosive Leash: The Deadlock Collars are back
- Fan-Fiction Writer Have No Sense of Scale: Hard to tell how big the Exterminators really are. Or anything else apparently...
- Fandom-Specific Plot: The story is base around Ratchet: Deadlocked, but it gets more complicated when introducing the setting.
- Fanservice: the deaths of the Kankers and Sarah
- Fantastic Racism: Not a whole lot of people seem to care about the Eds, especially since they are in Dreadzone.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Let's see... how about Dr. Nefarious' head is blown clean off his body, is frozen in time and floating in space, and playing Looney Tunes cartoons for the rest of his life!
- Fiction 500: Gandolfini Birman with Dreadzone X and York the Impaler cleaning up the bets on the Eds.
- Fiery Redhead: Marsha Violet
- Five-Bad Band: The Exterminators
- Five-Man Band: Team Cul-de-Sac, subtract Rolf
- Four-Fingered Hands: Lampshaded during Act II, Ch. 08, though this is only apply to the Ed, Edd n Eddy characters. Here's what Word of God says about the characters:
- Three: Clank, Dr. Nefarious, Lawrence, Qwark, the Plumber, and most of the original characters
- Four: All of the Ed, Edd n Eddy cast
- Five: Ratchet, Mask Hero, Marsha Violet, Gandolfini Birman (despite his left arm), Olympians, S.A.N.T.A, and the Medieval Lombax.
- In the author's mind, he is visualizing all of the character having five fingers (except for Gandolfini's left arm).
- Full-Frontal Assault: Was pitched by Kevin. Got rejected because of Gandolfini's security
- Fun with Acronyms: S.A.N.T.A, which stands for "Super Artificial Titanium Nuclear Android."
- And even so in this fan-fic, the RYNO
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: For Acts III and IV, Marsha has been leaking whenever she sees Edd. And for a Running Gag, York will get a whiff of acid, wiping his nose to get rid of the acid smell.
- Again with Marsha in Act IV, Ch. 22, where she "wasted an orgasm after laughing so hard."
"OK, that was too much information."
- Act II, Ch. 09 had Double D shooting in an "A" hole and a "B" hole.
- Act II, Ch. 13
Edd: "Eddy, look at the size of that thing!"
Eddy: "This isn't a sexual reference, is it?"
Edd: "Of course not! Do you think I know better?"
- Girlish Pigtails: Marsha Violet's
- Gladiator Revolt
- Global Currency: Bolts, as it is Ratchet & Clank after all.
- Eddy was going to use the bolts they accumulated during the Bonus Chapter, but he got the boot instead.
- Anyone knows the exchange rate for bolts to US dollars?
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Completely utterly destroyed by both the Behemoth and Marsha.
- Also averted for Gandolfini Birman.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Anytime the Eds had to use each other as weapons.
- Groin Attack: Special credit goes to "Deadeye" James' nullifying Captain Qwark.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Noted by Slim Cognito with the Zodiac II, only when holding the gun forward.
- Humans Are Special: The Eds and Mask Hero
- Humiliation Conga: Subverted in Act V, Ch. 31 with Gandolfini... he blows himself up along with the Dreadzone station.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: ...OK, how in the world can three children can carry around those large heavy weapons at once?!
- I Call It "Vera": Ed almost went this in Act III, Ch. 17 with the Arbiter.
- If It Swims, It Flies: Though it wasn't mention them doing it, Nitebites are part flying squirrels after all, making them capable of
- Immune to Bullets: along with mostly everything else, the Mechanical Reaper 10K-X
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Despite that "Deadeye" James have the ability to shoot down anything, he is completely lacking of this skill if he doesn't have his robotic eye.
- Inevitable Tournament
- Infinity Minus One Gun/Infinity Plus One Gun: The Cricket, follow by the the Locust, though the Locust was only mentioned and never seen in the story.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja: Ninja elves, if I may add.
- Just a Stupid Accent: Admiral Rigatoni Antonucci's
- Just in Time: The endings of Act III, Ch. 16 and Act V, Ch. 31.
- Kent Brockman News: Noweg's news show
- Kick the Dog: Gandolfini loves doing this
- Kid Hero: The Eds
- Konami Code: It was part of a challenge in Act II, Ch. 09
- Lethal Lava Land: Hellinova
- Love at First Sight: Marsha to Edd, though it's hard to tell at the beginning.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Three. Ed with the RYNO, especially in Act IV, Ch. 24
- And two for Dr. Nefarious in his two-part battle in Act V, Chapters 30 and 31
- Masks of Power: Mask Hero's ten masks
- Mindlink Mates: EVERYONE in Ed, Edd n Eddy canon had the same dream!
- Monster Arena
- Monumental Damage: Three - The pillars of Olympus, the Lightning Tower and the statue dedicated to Edd. Only two (the pillars and the statues) were damage by outside forces, while the Lightning Tower is destroyed by the Cricket.
- Mood Whiplash: Act IV, Ch. 24, in which after Marsha accidentally shot Sarah, Ed takes his fury upon Admiral Antonucci, taking him down.
- More Dakka: The Eds, mainly Ed with the RYNO. And that's a big mistake.
- Dr. Nefarious in Act V, Ch. 31.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The Locust, and no, not this Locust.
- Never Say "Die": Averted, but at some points played straight.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Hoo boy...
- Would Gandolfini count for being a anthromorphic tion human with a robotic left arm?
- Nitebites and their mother. The Nitebites are part shark, part flying squirrel, part human and part bat. The Mother Nitebite is more of a sea serpent, but still maintain the body of a Nitebite.
- The Sarachna: a creature made out of illegal parts of organic and robots, then fuse together to make one huge scorpion-like worm.
- Robotic NINJA ELVES for crying out loud!
- S.A.N.T.A. He's a robotic Santa Claus, mixed in with an Abominable Snowman and a Mutant Frosty when he gets really mad.
- Transmorphers when they fuse with anything they made contact with.
- The Sarks. Half robot, half organic.
- No Accounting for Taste: Marsha to Edd
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Played with and averted. Played with for some of the names in Noweg's list of dead contestants, and averted for only one: Kanye West
- No One Could Survive That: There are plenty of moments. Just try naming all of them.
- Oh, Crap: York gets two of these moments, during Act III, Ch. 15 and in Act IV, Ch. 21.
- Only Ten Masks: Mask Hero keeps a total of ten masks on him, if you don't count the black mask that is on his face most of the times he is mentioned.
- Our Demons Are Different: Marsha Violet and her kind on Olympus
- Our Elves Are Better: Ninja elves, S.A.N.T.A.'s big helpers
- Our Vampires Are Different: Nitebites and Transmorphers
- Over Nine Thousand:
Edd: "I'm getting a reading of... over 9,000 robots strong?!"
Ed: "That joke's getting old."
- Act III, Ch. 18, with Noweg's news report for the Extraterrestrial.
- Act III, Ch. 19, at the very end for the Extraterrestrial's bio.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Dr. Nefarious when he is fighting in public. Ratchet and Clank pointed this out in Act II, Ch. 08, which lead the readers to keep in mind Professor Treacherous is really Dr. Nefarious. Everyone that is a fan In-Universe doesn't know that Treacherous is Nefarious.
- Planet Looters: The Eds do get to keep the items they obtained after a campaign on the planets they visit (depending on what's being offered).
- Post Cyber Punk: The whole story, in its own way
- Psychic Powers: Edd, only with the Telekinesis Gem
- Raised by Wolves: Mask Hero
- Really Smart Aliens: You have no idea!
- Rick Roll: Done twice in Act IV, Ch. 22 and Act V, Ch. 29
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Yep, they are there
- The Right Hand of Doom: "Deadeye" James' built-in gun hand
- Inverted for Gandolfini's robotic left arm
- Running Gag: A common death reference used often is that characters have died through some form of head trauma, especially the Exterminators. More notability are the cases of Marie, Sarah and Dr. Nefarious.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!!: Not really, since the original base was from Gleeman Vox's version of Dread-Zone. But when Gandolfini got his hands on Vox's arm, Gandolfini made sure there are changes.
- Sdrawkcab Alias: Sedah translate to Hades
- Shapeshifting: Transmorphers
- Shooting Gallery: Part of the Preliminary Round
- Show Within a Story
- Single-Biome Planet: Just about all of them
- Space Opera
- Space Pirate: The Space Pirate ADMIRAL Rigatoni Antonucci
- Spider Tank: The Landstalker
- Spoiler: The fan-fic was meant to be set after Ratchet: Deadlocked, but Word of God wasn't certain that Dr. Nefarious was going to appear for some time. Until his appearance in Quest for Booty and then his role as the main antagonist in Crack in Time, the plan for Ratchet: Deadlocked was scrapped and replaced with a Crack in Time setting, once the game officially came out. Act III, Ch. 14 provides how Nefarious and Lawrence got to Dreadzone, with the warning at the beginning saying that if you haven't played Crack in Time, "watch the ending on Youtube or proceed with caution."
- Suicidal Overconfidence: For some reason, Kankers and Sarah thought interrupting Eds while they're fighting is a good idea. Literally suicidal: Eds killed Lee and May, Marsha killed Marie and Sarah.
- Take That: According to Word of God, Noweg's news report features a list of people that have been killed off by Professor Treacherous/Dr. Nefarious. Well, it appears that most of them are there as a gag, while the remaining are there for personal hatred towards those people.
- The same can be said for the two people in the "Random Homicide" events.
- Talking To Itself: Consider that the Extraterrestrial haves multiple mouths, this may be one of the few In-Universe moments for this trope.
- Tempting Fate:
- Act II, Ch. 10 got Marsha eating a lava rock that she thought she could handle.
- Act V, Ch. 31
: "Go ahead, bring it on! I'm bulletproof
, and there's nothing that you squishes can..."
- Theme Tune: If Dreadzone X were to get a theme for the show, it'll be Know Your Enemy by Green Day
- There Is No Kill Like Overkill: The Cricket's beam is just too much to handle
- They Killed Kenny: The Mechanical Reaper fits this trope to the dot.
- Translator Microbes: The Eds have built-in translators in their suits that allows them to communicate with the aliens in the universe, according to the Word of God.
- Inverted for the Sarks. While Word of God translated the words, the Eds could not understand them.
- Truth-Telling Session: Act II, Ch. 08; Act V, Chapters 25 and 26
- Tsundere: Marsha Violet
- Unexplained Recovery: The Mechanical Reaper line and Dr. Nefarious.
- The Unintelligible: The inversion for Translator Microbes of the Sarks, also averted for literal translation in the story (but the Eds still couldn't understand them).
- The Unreveal: It was never mentioned how Slim Cognito got out of prison.
- Viking Booty: As a challenge from Act I, Ch. 05. There's nothing special besides the B-6 Obliterator, a Green Medal and a letter stating the Eds got in the Avenger Tournament
- Villain with Good Publicity: Dr. Nefarious, all the way, though under his alias Professor Treacherous
- What Could Have Been: At first, the idea of having all the weapons, excluding the super weapons, to be fully upgraded by Chapter 31, but only three did.
- The mentioning of what the X in Dreadzone X means, but is never explained in the story. For now, Let X Be the Unknown
- Act V, Ch. 31: the very end was either the current Looney Tunes theme or Inspector Gadget's theme. Due to the Inspector's theme being harder to write, it got cut. However, there is a chance for that to reappear elsewhere.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic??: Act I, Ch. 04 with the Thunder Shrine.
- Where Does She Keep All of Her Money?: According to Word of God, Marsha haves only one bank account and where she keeps it is all in one place... DADDY!
- Written Detailed Porn: Just look at the link before you say anything! Since this is still a written story, it is hard to see what the planets look like. Otherwise, the planets the Eds visit are beautiful in their own way, even with Dreadzone.
- X Makes Anything Cool: Dreadzone X, the X Gauntlet and the Mechanical Reaper 10K-X
- Yank the Dog's Chain: The Bonus Chapter and maybe the Epilogue
- Artistic License - Nuclear Physics: ... You take your pick.
- Your Head A Splode: Happened to every Exterminator in this series with different results.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Gravestone 42, the Crusader and the Liberator Tournament Qualifier
# 02 Kingdom Hearts
# 03 Meister Within
Combat Racing: The Organization Cup:This... is Dreadzone X.