What if "the power the Dark Lord knows not" had nothing to do with love? What if it had everything to do with justice?The Crow: Phoenix Rising
is a Harry Potter Cross Over
in which Harry is killed by Voldemort and returns as The Crow to brutally murder all those Death Eaters who have escaped justice
. It is complete.
The Crow: Phoenix Rising'' provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: The story begins when Harry and Ginny are captured and killed by Death Eaters at Bill and Fleur's wedding.
- Baleful Polymorph: Harry turns Bellatrix into a dog and leaves her with Marge Dursley, who's favorite hobby is breeding bull dogs.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: This Leaning on the Fourth Wall gem from chapter six:
Honestly, it sounded more like something out of a comic book than someone's actual life. No, it sounded more like a children's book written by a single mother to entertain her kids while she looked for a decent job. Or, maybe it was a cross between the two. I just hoped they got someone good-looking to play me when they made the movie.
- Black Comedy: Even after turning into "an undead killing machine" Harry doesn't lose his snark.
- Bondage Is Bad: Harry is disturbed by Death Eater bedroom activities.
- Cool, but Inefficient: Harry obtained a silver axe from the Goblins to use in his fight against Fenrir. Harry finds that while it looked cool it was very awkward to swing around.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: For Harry's victims... if they're lucky.
- Dark Fic: You can expect a violent death or two per chapter.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Well, supposedly. The Avatar of Death and Justice is a brutal undead Serial Killer but he will not harm "innocents" and even his Revenge list takes a backseat to saving innocent lives. Though Harry himself often wonders if he hasn't crossed the line with his sadism.
- Dead to Begin With: Harry
- Death Trap: Harry gets annoyed after carefully planning out his Death Trap of Lucius and Draco and telling them in order to have a chance of survival they'd have to kill the other and they both shoot the killing curse at each other immediately, killing each other instantly instead of setting off the Trap.
- Evil Lawyer Joke:
Crow: Only the dead, and a few lawyers in New York, would be willing to do the things that have to be done when you are an Avatar of Death and Justice.
- Fan-Art: 
- Fan Disservice: Harry has the misfortune of seeing Bellatrix in a schoolgirl outfit getting spanked by a Dumbledore impersonator. His horrified reaction is a pair of Stunning Spells.
- Fate Worse than Death: What Harry does to Bellatrix.
- Forced to Watch: The Death Eaters force Harry to watch what they do to Ginny before their deaths.
- Groin Attack: How Harry kills Fenrir Greyback.
- He Who Fights Monsters: It's Lampshaded that Harry has become a monster that's just as bad if not worse than the Death Eaters he's fighting.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Harry as the Crow. To be fair he found his scary Crow outfit by just piecing together whatever he found lying around Grimmauld Place.
- Hoist by His Own Petard:
- Harry cut off Fenrir's legs and put them before him while he was in wolf mode, causing him to eat them.
- Stan Shunpike was a master of the Imperius... so Harry used an Imperius on him to get him to confess his deeds and bring it to the goblins.
- Hypocrite: It turns out that Bellatrix cheered on the rape of Ginny but is herself afraid of getting raped by her "comrades".
- Idiot Ball: Voldemort decides to confront Harry in the Death Room in the Department of Mysteries and forgets to keep an eye out for the Veil.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Luna
- The Law of Diminishing Defensive Effort: More often than not Harry lets deadly spells just hit him because he's already dead.
- Monster Clown: Harry in the Crow makeup.
- Morality Pet: Ginny, Megan, Virginia, Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, Luna, and Ron to Harry. He really does need as many as he can get.
- Never Hurt an Innocent: The Crow philosophy.
- The Nothing After Death: Voldemort incorrectly believed this was the case.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Stan Shunpike was pulling this.
- Offing the Offspring: Lucius kills his son attempting to escape Harry's death trap.
- Oh, Crap: Voldemort's reaction to the Killing Curse not working on Harry. And again as he falls through the Veil.
- Omniscient Morality License: Don't worry, there's no need to angst about the gruesome murders you've committed if your magic talking bird friend says it's okay.
- Patricide: Draco kills his father attempting to escape Harry's death trap.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: very much the Crow philosophy.
- Poetic Serial Killer: Harry as "The Avatar of Death and Justice" is fond of using his victim's own weaknesses and fears against them in the cruelest ways possible.
- Pure Is Not Good: Only the "pure of heart" may become Avatars for the Crow.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: the entire premise of this fic.
- Serial-Killer Killer: Harry
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Harry refuses to listen to Dumbledore's manipulations any longer and destroys Dumbledore's portrait.
- Surprisingly Happy Ending
- To the Pain: Harry takes many of his victims here before killing them.
- The Undead: Harry as The Crow.
- Villains Want Mercy: Bellatrix.
- Waif-Fu: Harry as the Crow gains this fighting style that emphasizes speed and agility and gymnastic-style martial arts.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Apparently werewolf Healing Factor doesn't cover the testicles.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: "No one cares what happens to dogs."
- You Will Be Spared: Harry spares Snape after learning of his lack of involvement in his and Ginny's deaths and of Dumbledore's manipulations.