The "cover" for the first story, featuring Sakura
See you in space, tenshiTenshi Trail
is a series of fanfics
written by Noizchild
. While the series is stated to take place in the 'Cowboy Bebop
universe, it has a noticable shoujo
feel to it and borrows elements heavily from CLAMP
's works, most notably Wish
The series is planned to be 4 stories long. So far, only the first story has been completed and the second is being written. The stories are:
- Tenshi Trail  — "In the summer of 2071, Spike found a tenshi-chi in the form of a chibi hanging from an oak tree. As it turns out, Sakura, the tenshi-chi, has a secret to her. She has no memory of past or know about her home. But, she is looking for someone. Sakura doesn't know who she is looking for. But the tenshi-chi remembers one thing: Amadeus. Oddly, Spike develops feelings for Sakura. He want to make her his but he can't for some reason. As the hunt for Amadeus goes on, Spike soon learns that the tight secret about Sakura lies deep in her heart and soul. He also moves to protect her from the demons of hell after Sakura to leer Amadeus out. But who is Amadeus?"
- Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart — "It's the same, only a little darker."
- Tenshi Trail: Mars and Heaven — A series of Spike/Sakura lemons.
- Tenshi Trail: Comet — No description given.
A website for the series can be found here
. (Warning: The site contains embedded music and animated backgrounds.)
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Attempted Rape — When Sakura is tricked into getting a job as a stripper at Club Dreamers, the owner tries to play with her after she admits that she's been told (by Kaze-san) that no one is to touch her nether regions. The club explodes and she is sent floating through the sky (wearing a modesty silk curtain or sheet depending on the chapter) amidst an aurora before he can do anything further.
- Black Eyes of Evil — Kuroito, Kawa (though he's a "ghost-chan" created by Katsuko and not evil), Zen, Vita
- Brainwashed — KuroSakura likes to do this to Sakura.
- Brought Down to Normal — Katsuko tells Spike that Sakura has "great power. However, all of it has been locked away for some reason.
- Cain and Abel — Sakura and her sister KuroSakura
- The Casanova — Kuroito
- Cat Girls — Katsuko's mansion has an entire staff of multi-colored catgirl (or, as the story calls them "neko girls") meidos.
- Child Prodigy — Katsuko, a 10 year old genius.
- Chivalrous Pervert — Despite his "love 'em and leave 'em" attitude and his bedroom being nothing but wall-to-wall porn, Kurito still finds it in his heart to hide a 14 year old runaway from her father, who put her on the streets to make money. (He does admit though that the girl turned him on when he first saw her and isn't sad when the police find her because he still has "the hot memories of her!". Keep in mind, Kuroito is a 35,000 year old oni who physically looks 27.)
- A Day in the Limelight — Jet gets a chapter to himself in Chapter 8.
- Don't Like, Don't Read — Guess what the author said when a reviewer called Sakura a Mary Sue.
- Fangirl Japanese — You pretty much have to have at least a basic understanding of Japanese to understand this story. As random words will often be replaced with their Japanese counterpart for no reason. (And there is no translation section most of the time.) Some examples include:
“Pure bullshit is nani it is! Snort”
"Dozo let me stay."
Hentai thoughts ran through Jet’s head.
That dream made nai sense to him what so ever.
"Naze are we teishing?"
He looked yuki white with dark ruby and kuro eyes.
- Feel No Pain — Sakura, due to being a tenshi-chi. She can still feel emotional pain, however.
- Filler — A good chunk of the story has nothing to do with Sakura's search for Amadeus and is just about the various characters goofing around and going about their daily lives.
- Flat Character — T.J., Soot, Bemmer, Mandy, Molly Shioya, and Daisuke. T.J. and Soot show up out of nowhere coming out of The Bebop's bathroom in Chapter 3 with no physicial descriptions and no explaination of how they got there or why they were there to begin with. The rest also show up with little explaination and seem to just be there to goof off in the background while the main story is going on.
- IKEA Erotica — Most of the lemon scenes. For example:
Spike began to pull in and out of her slowly. At first, Sakura felt nothing. Once a chaka is destroy, the tenshi-chi is numb to feel anything for a few seconds. Spike was perfectly aware of this little fact but he still kept pulling in and out. But then, Sakura began to feel another new sensation. It was called pleasure.
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You — Kuroito's attitude toward anyone who rejects his advances. The most notable being Sakura.
- The Ingenue — Sakura
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness — Sakura
- Laser-Guided Amnesia — The only thing Sakura's amnesia really erased was any information dealing with Amadeus. She still remembers her name and the fact that she is a tenshi-chi from Heaven.
- The Matchmaker — Cherry, who is trying to get Spike and Sakura together. (Sort of justified since she is a "cupid-chan" or cupid-in-training.)
- Mind-Control Eyes — Sakura gets these when KuroSakura brainwashes her.
- Narm — The [wind] opened its huge mouth and swallowed her whole.; [Ume] looked like a queen in her lacy night underwear.; “Now lose you the bra!!!”
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization — Chapter 23 of the first story...
- Original Characters
- Our Angels Are Different — According to the creator: "Easily mistaken as tenshis, tenshi-chis are made from tenshis themselves. They are weaker, gentle, and look more humans with wings. There are four types: light, fire, water, and love. Tenshi-chis act like humans only purer." They also die if they enter Hell, revert to a chibi from when they're weak, cannot feel physical pain (only emotional), eat little meat and are killed by sweets, are "under the virgin curse if they sleep with someone", have 7 chakras (on the arms, legs, stomach, chest, and nape (except Sakura, who has her 7th elsewhere)), have one shin heart, and are always born the first 2 days of January.
- Our Demons Are Different — Likewise, "oni-chi" are made from oni. "They are wild cruel, and just like tenshi-chis in appearance and strength. There are four types: dark, earth, air, and hate. Oni-chis love the night." They can't enter Heaven, eat a lot, get their energy from the moon, also have 7 chakras, have one "meek" heart, often fight in wars, and are born 2 years after tenchi-chi.
- Out of Character — All of the canon characters speak (fangirl) Japanese... despite the fact that none of them live in Japan or are of Japanese descent.
- Plagiarism — The first chapter is a direct rip-off of Wish's opening scene. The only difference is Sakura is attacked by a cat instead of a crow. The author also uses two quotes from Stan Rice.
- The above-mentioned Attempted Rape? A couple of filed-off serial numbers away from the "porn site" sequence in Chobits.
- The Power of Love — Sakura's powers run on it.
- Really 700 Years Old — Almost all of the OCs
- Red Eyes, Take Warning — Francesca, Kaze-san (Again, not evil.)
- That Makes Me Feel Angry — KuroSakura's response after being shot by Spike in one scene.
“You caused me pain!” the oni-chi snarled. “I DON’T LIKE THAT!!!”
- Visions of Another Self — Spike dreams of his past life with Sakura. Sakura also dreams about her childhood.
- Where Does He Get All Those Wonderful Toys? — Apparently, there's a video camera manufacteror that is okay with sending Daisuke's high school film club unreleased and untested models of their products.
- Wise Beyond Their Years — Katsuko
- You Got Spunk — Kuroito says this to Sakura after she resists his advances.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair — A lot of the OCs