Fan Fic / Team Hanabi
is a Fan Fic
series by Foomin Blue
based on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
. The stories focus on the titular team, headed up by The Heroine
Ichigo and her timid partner Laramie. Rather than hitting The Stations of the Canon
in a single long narrative, it consists of various short stories and scenes
that are mostly set around
the game's events.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight
- Aerith and Bob
- All Myths Are True - Averted; Laramie repeatedly states during Kangaskhan Rocks that it's probably just a legend.
- Big Damn Heroes - In Impatience, it's played straight and averted when Corphish helps Plusle; Marcy could have been useful, but only catches up to them after the fight.
- Boisterous Bruiser - Marcy, a female example.
- The Call Knows Where You Live - According to Chosen, Celebi and Palkia combined their powers to find someone with the Dimensional Scream and summon them to their world. Since they were nervous about Primal Dialga possibly detecting this, they didn't take the time to find somebody willing to leave their universe behind for a one-way trip to a dying future.
- Cowardly Lion - Laramie, by far and wide.
- Drink Order - Matters Of Taste is all about this.
- Fan Verse
- Fix Fic - Redress expands the events in Brine Cave by having Ichigo take the chance to call Chatot out. It doesn't go well.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble - Ichigo is Choleric, Laramie is Supine, Marcy Sanguine and Yuko Phlegmatic (as in middle of the road).
- G-Rated Drug - X-Eye Seeds (and the drinks made from them) work somewhat like this.
- It's All About Me - Part of Ichigo's problem with Chatot in Redress. Also what Chatot thinks is going on with her at first.
- Jerkass Has a Point - Well, more like Mockery From Team Skull, but it has the same effect.
- Loss of Identity - Happened to Ichigo. Twice.
- Not as You Know Them - In-universe example: Tell shows that this contributed to Grovyle not recognizing Ichigo.
- Omniscient Morality License - Played with. Celebi is fully aware that pulling Ichigo from her world just because she had the Dimensional Scream, then ripping her mind a new one just to activate it toed the line, if not tripped over it. They're also aware that they desperately needed a Screamer so they could find the Time Gears and Set Right What Once Went Wrong, and that arguing I Did What I Had to Do would ring hollow. They feel immensely guilty about their actions, yet also feel relief that aforementioned Mind Rape left Ichigo with a gap in her memories that partly included the summoning, and that losing her memories again during her trip to the past makes it less likely she'll ever recover enough of her original memories to realize the truth.
- Poor Communication Kills: With Chatot and Ichigo, it goes both ways: after the Perfect Apples Incident, Ichigo assumes Chatot will never listen to her and stops trying, avoiding and ignoring him as much as possible. This, naturally, only makes the disconnect worse, leading to the events of Redress.
- Rage Against the Mentor - Ichigo's rant against Chatot starts as this combined with calling him on his Moral Dissonance.
- Sliding Scale of Unavoidable vs. Unforgivable: Chosen. Does preventing the Bad Future justify pulling a random, ordinary girl from her world, forcibly awakening the Dimensional Scream via Mind Rape, and forcing her to sacrifice her very existence via Ret Gone?
- Trademark Favorite Food - Marcy loves X-Eye Seeds.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia - Chosen reveals Ichigo suffered a partial loss of memory when Palkia awakened her latent Dimensional Scream ability by ripping her mind a new one. 'Ichigo' might not even be her real name.